My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom's parents and grandparents wedding anniversary was on March 17 (her grampa came over from Ireland) so we start celebrating early. Happy St Patricks Day everyone.
I was sound asleep. Mom had everything staged then crinkled the treat package, as soon as I saw the camera I was outta there!
View attachment 372283View attachment 372284View attachment 372285View attachment 372286View attachment 372287
My European ancestors were Irish, too. *Love your Spongebob!*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:santa::evergreen: He' suppose to be holding either a fruit cake or a present. It's been so gloomy and cold we still have all the Christmas lights up. I should have turned them on before I woke her up :clover:
View attachment 372297View attachment 372298
Awww, and the snowman! I've always LOVED snowmen. IDK why. I just do. *My mom was from central IL. She used to talk about the weather -- sweltering humid in summer, bone-chilling cold in winter. I'm in L.A. and a cool climate lover. Out here, we have killer heat. Last year 116F on hottest day. When our AC broke down. Roomies are supposed to pay but won't. SO...more awful heat. Anyone that wants summer can have my share.*

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love reggae music. Bob Marley was a favorite of Sarah’s. “Three Little Birds.”
“Clowderites!” That sounds like a rare ,star based magic.;) I like it!

M maggiedemi The kitties do love you deerly. Dearly too.
Have instincts is a very good thing! I always say, “ Trust your instincts.” ;)
Maybe you could copy a link to that post to send your brother?

@BellaGooch I agree that sleeping kitties are precious. It always makes me want to snuggle. Lol

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I hope I do get to go one day. As a young person I dreamed of going to far away places to see nature. I have gotten to see some places and am grateful but would love to see a lot more. Nature inspires. I still get excited with each creature and each beautiful sky or sea that I see! Every sunrise and sunset is new and different. :redheartpump::sunshine:🦊🐼🦘🐨🐯🦁🐵🐧🐦🦆🦢🦅🦉🦇🐺🐗🐴🐝🦋🐚🐞🐢🐠🐬🐳🦓🐘🦛🐪🐫🦒🦙🐃🐏🐑🐐🐇🐿🦔🌵🌳🌴🍄🌷🥀🌸🌻🌞🌚💫🌈☄❄🌊🦄
It’s all amazing!
@Lari I guess you see that everyone is responding. Strength in numbers. If they need any further info, please do let us know. As tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 said, giving Sub-q fluids can be done at home. I have done it here for Smokey. :grouphug2:
Well you got nature covered with those emoticons--even a Unicorn!😉 I really do hope you see new places and animals. Nature can leave you in a euphoric state. So much beauty-how could you take it all in? I hope you can visit some new places soon. Oh and if you do find a 🦄, bring him home to the Clowder, I am sure they will be overjoyed!😻😻😻

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom's parents and grandparents wedding anniversary was on March 17 (her grampa came over from Ireland) so we start celebrating early. Happy St Patricks Day everyone.
I was sound asleep. Mom had everything staged then crinkled the treat package, as soon as I saw the camera I was outta there!
View attachment 372283View attachment 372284View attachment 372285View attachment 372286View attachment 372287
I am 1st generation Irish American, so my family practically celebrates St. Paddy's Day for the whole month. I have been to Ireland 🇮🇪 plenty of times. Gorgeous! I still have relatives over there. Maybe, I will go again when the Pandemic is over. I miss it!💚💚💚

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitties do love you deerly. Dearly too.
Awww. Tell kitties I said thank you. :hugs:

I always say, “Trust your instincts.”
I will try, but humans can be so complex. 😩

I put it in to strut INSIDE!
Ha! I'm a bad influence again. 🚶‍♀️👑

I’ll show her how comfy it is next to me.
Hmmm...I'll have to ask BJ if I can borrow that move. I might need his instructions first though, I'm a little rusty. :think:

Anyone that wants summer can have my share.
I'll take it! I'm tired of being cold all the time. 🥶 Thanks for posting the Fig Tree song. Safe & free under my own fig tree. :cloud9:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm..."kinda Irish." Actually, I'm mostly Scots, with a bit of "Scotch-Irish" or "Ulster Irish," if you prefer. Those were the Scottish Border Reivers who were rounded up and deported to Ireland by the British Crown...to Ulster, to be exact, where they promptly set about displacing the Irish men, and marrying the Irish women left, right, and center. The Elliots were notorious Reivers, and the Elliotts came from the group that was deported. Explains quite a bit.

I'd like to ask for some good thoughts and prayers on this thread if that's okay? My twin aunts found out their nearly 17 year old cat has stage 4 kidney disease and they have to change her diet and give her iv fluids and stuff. They're feeling terrible they didn't get her into the vet regularly these past few years to catch it sooner (they were caring for my 99 year old grandma up until 11 months ago, only one can drive and it was a full time demanding job, and then the pandemic happened). So if anyone wants to offer prayers for Belle that she can put on some weight again and have a good quality of life a little longer, I'd appreciate it. :redheartpump:
00LitCandle.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama BJ was not at all interested in going back outside. Lol He’s been there before and he remembers that there weren’t any pillows out there! Lol
I was surprised that he allowed it on this time too but Banjo wasn’t standing there trying to take it off of him or making fun of him this time. He does seem to like dressing up with hats and boots so maybe a vest goes well with his wardrobe. Lol He is a rare kitty.
Getting in his favorite spot to lure his ladies while wearing the harness nearly put me into one of M maggiedemi ’s faceplants. I was on the floor taking those pictures. Cat philogynist? Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 BJ is blushing! Lol He wants to know when he can invite you to share a pillow with him. I know he would love doing that! He’s absolutely a snuggle bug.
Opp purr tuna ty! :flail: Good one! Definitely Banjo approved!

Clowderites. Not to be confused with stalactites or stalagmites but can be found above and below!

I suspect you may have seen this but it’s worth watching again if you have. Clowderites!
Purrfection.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Oh my! That kitten! Of course I want to foster them all! If only I were closer. Kitten face! Surely someone will fall in love. I am hoping, hoping, hoping! If I were there, Banjo would be babysitting!

I love the Unicorn St. Patrick’s Day shirt! You have everything there that is needed to celebrate.:redheartpump::petcat:🦄🌈🍀 and family. That is a holiday that is celebrated by everyone around here. An early, Happt St. Patrick’s Day to all there!
Oh! I went back and looked at the photo of Gypsy! I hadn’t noticed the cat in the window! Greetings neighbor!:bluecat::lol: A cat version of howdy!

Got to quote the kitten picture! Awww! Babies needing homes!

Kitten season in Alabama

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Oh no. You are a good influence on the kitties. It takes confidence to be a brave BJ kitty and strut to the girls.
Humans are complicated but that’s why you should listen to your instincts rather than other human feelings. That gut instinct is usually right.

BJ says to just follow his moves here. Or.... you can come for him to show you in Purr son. ;)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I expect nearly everyone with family ties that go way back here are quite a mix. I know I am. Lol Ancestors from many places. Around here you have to wear green on St. Patrick’s day or you get pinched! Leprechauns will pinch you!
:thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 So, Friendly Tom is in his house now and he mentioned the port a potty baby. Tom is better so that’s good. I suggest getting the antibiotics and eye meds in before the capstar because once the fleas start running, Tom will be jumpy. Is that the second port a potty kitten that he mentioned? Hoping it is!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Remember the old timey “ice bags” that you put on an injury? That might be something to use to stay cooler since your roomies aren’t doing their part on the AC! I saw recently that these are still being made! I can remember mother putting one on my head to help me sleep on suffocatingly hot nights. It did help. CVS has Thero med gel packs that are reusable and have a container and strap that can be strapped around you. They are made for injuries but would be great for cooling off.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! I hope I get to see more places. How can I take it all in? Lol I would soak it all up like a sponge! Maybe like the Sponge Bob in the photo dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 posted. Lol I don’t think I would forget a moment. Lots and lots of photos too. Nature does leave me in complete bliss. Euphoric is right! The kitties loved the idea you had of brining home a unicorn. Lol
You’ve been to Ireland? Ahh! When I was young a friend went there and I was absolutely green about it.:biggrin: Not with envy or jealousy though. Lol He sent me lots of great postcards and brought me some green t shirts. He also kissed the Blarney Stone for me. I wonder if that worked????

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since BJ didn’t want to go out, I asked Lady if she would like to go for a walk. It’s been so rainy here she hasn’t been out much lately. I got a very different reaction from what we saw with BJ.

Outside?
6A5454EA-343D-493A-937D-5132D70E4788.jpeg

Yes!!!!!!
72F9C27A-110B-45A1-86F6-844EC5DA8911.jpeg

Dress me now!
0142B4FF-2BDF-45EC-A3FC-185980A5A8F6.jpeg

Outside!!!!
EBC71A6C-639E-4E15-9004-6BF23A2D9E57.jpeg

‘Bout time!
CFDE7029-A3A2-4B48-B6D0-66BF49E3F954.jpeg

Hmmm. Smells nice and green!
DB2D15CB-F444-4A0F-8F24-CA61549D4306.jpeg

Let’s walk!
17E54D9E-DA39-4867-B96A-18026BD61DB2.jpeg

Huh.
1FCE2A35-84EE-4B80-9BF1-0B48DC6FEE0E.jpeg

I thought I wanted to stop and smell the flowers....
72ECC7C2-17E1-4595-86A5-F1DB69BF02DC.jpeg

But I changed my mind.
DB6E7072-2A06-4161-A08D-CE21128179E0.jpeg

Back up the steps!
B060F8FB-B421-409A-A83C-46BA0EF7D15E.jpeg

Seriously hooman!
218E405F-2F08-4727-8756-C0753A084239.jpeg

You had to know!
A1FF9F92-3B77-46BD-8F43-9FDF954462BC.jpeg

Look at this! It’s icky!
4E2C21BE-FDA9-4E5C-9034-FD600FEE6A27.jpeg

The rain got everything wet.
1626C74C-0900-4046-A504-E44CC9BE24BF.jpeg

How could you let me walk on that? You know what you have to do know don’t you?
26054192-9093-4924-B0D5-969B9D3C7F5E.jpeg

Purr lease! Get the wet off my paws!!!!
3286F453-AEE7-4236-BA83-D53A6F77FF16.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 It looks like Port a potty baby is safe with mom but he needs to get them BEFORE she gets pregnant again. If she isn’t already. I assume she hasn’t been spayed yet. If he can trap them together it will be easier to get them at the same time rather than just the baby.
Pregnant moms? Getting them early enough means they can still be spayed. I know many of us hate to do that but it sounds like time is against him.
Tom is not well? FIV? If so, he needs to be inside from now on. He does not appear to be a feral so I hope he quickly gets a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.