My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I plan to be a part of a pile of snuggles. All cats and hoomans are welcome to join us!
Hmmm, this is getting quite tempting...Would there be any hot coffee? ☕

She often plants herself beside me.
Is that how she got the name Flowers? 🌻🌷🌹

Liberty and Alley
I forgot what they look like. Got any recent pics? :)

Inside a small Rubbermaid container I caught two kitties!
Guilty as charged! :smash:

Tortie, you have accepted a boy into the girl’s room?
How did she get the name Tortie? She's not a Tortie color. :headscratch:

Boy?!?! No! I was just staying warm!
Hmmm...Is that how you get warm? Thanks for the tip, you know how cold I get. :thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi All the flower babies got adopted but I asked you to name one for your birthday a couple of years ago. Remember Violet? I’ll go back for pictures another time.
I named Flowers to give her a happier outlook. She was still a swamp feral then but between persistence, a happy name and BJ, she began to trust. Her babies are the ones I found playing in flower pots!:flail:
Tortie whole name is Tortuga. Like the islands. She has a map in her markings. Lol

Cats are very warm! Try that! A pile here with coffee and blankets would work too!;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 :flail: Too funny!
rubysmama rubysmama I do love the look of love on the kitty faces. Bj and Flowers forever!
I really laughed at Wanda Heart snuggling Prints. It was a nice surprise!
N NY cat man Yes! Wanda Heart definitely didn’t appreciate my intrusion on her snuggle fest.,:lol: I thought Prints was cute too. He protected her honor by pretending to snuggle the toy! Very thoughtful of him! :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tortie whole name is Tortuga. Like the islands.
I just thought it was ironic that Tortie isn't a Tortie. :think:

Cats are very warm! Try that!
Okay. If I don't find my own Casanova, I can always cuddle with Catsanova BJ. :petcat:

I asked you to name one for your birthday a couple of years ago. Remember Violet?
Yes! I love picking out cat names. 🌺

Wanda Heart definitely didn’t appreciate my intrusion on her snuggle fest.
Isn't W. Heart a bit too young for such escapades? Prints is robbing the cradle! :nono:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama You are very welcome. As long as I have a smile to post and can get here, we will share the love and laughter. :grouphug2::thanks:

@BellaGoochMackie blushed! Lol He is very pleased you enjoyed his little concert. If I catch him taking a bow, I’ll
post it! Lol

M maggiedemi When I first found Tortie she was curled up and when she moved, it was very slow! She reminded me of a tortoise. She also loved completely separate from all the others. She was an island. Soooo Toruga Islands! Lol Tortie for short. Her side really is a bit like a map or chart too. It just all came together and she seemed to like the name. I had sent her for adoption and assumed the name would be changed but apparently it really is her name!;)
BJ says he will love you like a Lady! :happycat: According to him, You only need him!!Lol

Violet was a great name for that kitten! That name stuck as well! Any cat with a mom named Flowers that appears in a flower pot, deserves a pretty name. Lol

Actually, I think Wanda Heart is the one. Lol She is a little bit older than Prints but she has that youthful appearance. Prints really acts like a baby a lot. He loves being held like a baby and loves getting tummy rubs in his bed. Just a big kitten.

Well, I was going to attach a photo but can’t! Maybe later.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A smile or a laugh? Time to interpret cat expressions! A small dispute.

Lady! You brought me a toy?
BBB00979-87A4-42A9-B4BE-A98697421FD7.jpeg

Not just a toy to you huh? Carries your scent so it’s your baby? Lol
0F254B7B-CC02-4D58-ACDA-3EF265CD184F.jpeg

It’s a beautiful floof tail baby!
01597D59-7D46-4034-8B1A-E460174D351C.jpeg

You’re a sweet girl. Giving it a kitty kiss?
7AB80060-5FDA-4834-972C-BB177991FFAB.jpeg

I see it Lady!
4FD1D8E2-8721-43DD-82B0-25C2D6DA014B.jpeg

You’re proud of it. Lol
80C22487-96E8-4B8C-90EF-5CB6C81D3C1B.jpeg

Oh! I am honored! You are sharing with me?
7A39499F-B113-46D5-836C-3E25DEA9B859.jpeg

Banjo! Lol Sniffing Lady?
7B8C20E5-05F7-43E3-A6CC-22D190E22FF2.jpeg

Blah! Lady tail!
E1E21BC9-EB70-4A73-9163-8AE3D3276CF7.jpeg

I smell like perfume Banjo. My tail baby does too!
BBD4BD6E-66A2-40FA-97AB-C90AB889C540.jpeg

I’m not buying that...
560DD46E-4FD3-48D2-B87E-3CC301DB7CB6.jpeg

Let me see!
12A833CD-65A4-4C60-983C-23AFE1D47AF7.jpeg

Unh.
0065DF84-4CF4-4969-897F-B3D79D7A29F0.jpeg

It’s in my nose now!
CBD03276-2ABC-4C30-9840-71A8E0D2231A.jpeg

Mom. Don’t get too worried but....
8ADBB054-FF0E-4284-9A41-4FA38AE22EBB.jpeg

I feel faint!
77502A1F-A250-4110-8CF3-E8B8BAE6EACA.jpeg

Hey! What are you doing Banjo?
FBD8CF51-B29E-4A94-B2D3-2863A3875D9C.jpeg

I’m going to get the tail smell off!

B3DA874D-FCC4-4DA7-A70A-3638C7F4DEE8.jpeg

Jeepers!
353BE01F-2E14-49B1-96D2-4F4514D115B7.jpeg

It didn’t work! If I can’t make it smell like the cat food I just ate.... your tail toy is bad!
B840A130-548C-4CF8-81CE-D061B4EE002E.jpeg

You’re bad too Banjo! You smell like frog.

E9CCAFDD-7CE8-43F5-A74E-3077BCFB6828.jpeg

Blahhhhhh! Blahhhhhhhh!
A6103BE7-4294-41CF-B70E-D1491213E1EC.jpeg

Girls! Girls!
I’ve seen kids stick their tongues out at each other but this was new! Kitties!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHAHA!
This made me laugh out loud even more than usual!
Lady is such beautiful kitty! Banjo, you silly boy! And, Ive said this before, and I will gladly say it again, I love your kitties facial expressions! the tongues sticking out is new for me too! So adorable- how anybody couldnt love cats is beyond me!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHAHA!
This made me laugh out loud even more than usual!
Lady is such beautiful kitty! Banjo, you silly boy! And, Ive said this before, and I will gladly say it again, I love your kitties facial expressions! the tongues sticking out is new for me too! So adorable- how anybody couldnt love cats is beyond me!
It made me laugh too! For those who don’t love cats, they just need to come and meet a few here and I am quite sure they would change their minds. It has happened a time or two. ;) BJ is one of the great ambassadors of Chez catbird. Being a truly diplomatic fellow, he knows just how to win hearts.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After my parents sold the farm, the house that we moved in to held an old player piano that the previous owners didn't want to move because it was so bloody awful heavy. There were several dozen rolls with it, and 'Tiger Rag' was among them. Us kids had a ball pumping the pedals and making the thing go.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She reminded me of a tortoise. She also loved completely separate from all the others. She was an island. Soooo Toruga Islands! Lol Tortie for short. Her side really is a bit like a map or chart too. It just all came together and she seemed to like the name.
You have a complex system for naming cats! I just name them from my list of favorite names for the kids I'm never gonna have. :lol:

BJ says he will love you like a Lady! :happycat: According to him, You only need him!!Lol
Is BJ flirting with me?! 😲

Violet was a great name for that kitten! That name stuck as well!
Did they keep the name Violet? Do you hear from her new parents? 🌺

I’m not buying that...
Banjo has a bit of an attitude! I like it. :thumbsup:

You’re bad too Banjo! You smell like frog.
Snappy comeback from my little classy sassy Lady! :lolup:

Where is Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose ? I miss her posts. Hope she's okay and Corona didn't get her. :crossfingers:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I can just imagine how much fun that was! My grandmother had an old but elaborate piano upstairs where no one ever went and I loved going up there to play it. Long since out of time didn’t matter to me! Lol I have an old player now but it only functions as a regular piano these days. However, it still has that huge brass plate in it! It weighs a ton! Very heavy wood too. I have thought of getting rid of it but NO ONE would ever want to move it. Lol I hate the thought of disassembling it to get it out but it may meet that fate one day. For now I still like having it though. Sometimes I still play around with it. The cats too! Every time I play it, Mackie joins me if he is out. Sometimes he goes solo like he did when he was playing “Tiger Rag.” :lol:
Just something neat about pianos.:redheartpump:

M maggiedemi My system for naming cats is really just what comes to mind and what the cats respond to when I say the words. Banjo was really hard to name. She is very opinionated and turned up her nose at everything I suggested until I “struck a chord” with her. Lol I had already named Whistle and I guess she wanted a musical name too. I had tried lots of names and when she kept grabbing treats from my hand and running off I suggested she might be a Bandit but she swatted at me.:lol: So I started playing with bariatiins on that sound. Bannie...... no....... Banster...... NO! Bongo.........Ewwwww! No! Blanco....? Banjo.... she came to me!:dunno::clapcat::bicolorcat: Finally the human figured out my real name! That’s pretty much my system for finding out what a cat thinks about names. I let them choose. Even if I like a name, if they don’t respond to it, I change it.

Violet did keep her name when she was adopted. I am not in touch with her family now but I know they loved the name and did not intend to change it. Almost all the kitties from here got to keep their original names.

Banjo does have strong opinions. I love that about her. She is super smart and playful and is always getting into something but since she has to run this whole house, I am very grateful.
;) She’s pretty tolerant of any hooman mistakes.

Lady did have a snappy comeback. Banjo may be the young head of house but her elders can quickly match wits with her, remind her of cat rules and put her in her place. Fortunately they understand she does a lot of the heavy work and take that into consideration. Lol

I don’t know where Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose is but I do hope everything is okay. I noticed as well. We send:vibes::redheartpump: No posts since November so I am worried. Purrs, hopes, wishes, prayers and love sent!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CatladyJan CatladyJan I don’t know if you and BellaGooch BellaGooch have seen these pics but after a rough day, nice to see cats enjoying a walk.
This was the first time on a harness for Purry.
DEB7A1B9-EA22-4588-B5DC-D8AA168BAC87.jpeg

Practicing.....
4BC8F495-A2BE-4B80-B294-293799A63BE0.jpeg

Makes purrfect! Lol He loved it! Show off!
159B0C2E-D12B-4FE1-86E3-64FFDAA73931.jpeg

Lady has already had practice.
849A0DF6-E6D1-47C3-80F3-7ED2A8BDEC12.jpeg

She is a girly girl and likes to dress up.
F1F2DDDA-4DAD-44D4-A2EC-E304B4A1C9D5.jpeg

New dress! Strut, strut, strut! Happy girl strut.
01B15467-E778-4B4A-9DFB-C7CF8F561379.jpeg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
After my parents sold the farm, the house that we moved in to held an old player piano that the previous owners didn't want to move because it was so bloody awful heavy. There were several dozen rolls with it, and 'Tiger Rag' was among them. Us kids had a ball pumping the pedals and making the thing go.
My aunt and uncle had a player piano also! I remember the fun of that. And, Tiger Rag was our high school song- the marching band played it as all the football games with a whole routine at all the games. Fun.

Last edited:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I can just imagine how much fun that was! My grandmother had an old but elaborate piano upstairs where no one ever went and I loved going up there to play it. Long since out of time didn’t matter to me! Lol I have an old player now but it only functions as a regular piano these days. However, it still has that huge brass plate in it! It weighs a ton! Very heavy wood too. I have thought of getting rid of it but NO ONE would ever want to move it. Lol I hate the thought of disassembling it to get it out but it may meet that fate one day. For now I still like having it though. Sometimes I still play around with it. The cats too! Every time I play it, Mackie joins me if he is out. Sometimes he goes solo like he did when he was playing “Tiger Rag.” :lol:
Just something neat about pianos.:redheartpump:
I disassembled my old piano- lordy what a lot of work. I took the metal plate (well movers moved it out to my yard) and put it in my yard with stakes and planted a clematis to climb up it and tulips at the base. It's pretty, but worth it?? Sheesh I am glad it's done!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Lady and Purry are so elegant! Nice to see Purry taking to the harness so quickly, and Lady is so fashionable (much more than I am!) In her fancy harness! You can tell even from just the photos that shes strutting. Was she showing off? :lol2: She truly lives up to her name!
Such beautiful, fun pictures! Thanks so much for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.