My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Remember the other night when Banjo was trying to find Jcatbird Jcatbird 's keys so she could take the van out for a run. Well I came across this picture, and think I understand the reason for the urgency.
Banjo was needed in town for the performance of the feline version of A Christmas Carol. :bicolorcat:

1607129563899.png

BTW, for anyone who isn't aware, we're reading A Christmas Carol as our December book of the month.
More info here: December 2020 book of the month club

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thank you! Frazzled pretty much covers it. ;)

@Furballsmom:redheartpump: Here for a minute.

M maggiedemi Those blankets are washable according to the label. Banjo would love to do more rescues.:)

I did not get a new camera. Maybe Whistle took those?:lol:

Banjo wants everyone to know, keys are not comfortable to sit on! Make someone with a lot of bum padding do it!
Be careful of those face plants! They grow on you.:flail:I’m glad you are laughing. We all need some smiles these days.
From Whistoes purrspective, everything is about love. He is very smart.

tabbytom tabbytom Thank you! Nothing is more peaceful to think about than a content, sleeping kitten. Purring just thinking about it! Lol

N NY cat man Thank you for welcoming the new member. I am glad that you did.

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! I may not be on quite as frequently right now. I am trying to keep up with a lot. My family is hanging in there.
That picture is soooo funny! No wonder Banjo stole my keys! I guess she gets paid for doing that. I wonder what she’ll order online this time!
The coolers behind her in the picture cracked me up! The one on the right especially! Look at that expression!:flail:Growing a face plant of my own.
For anyone who has not read “A Christmas Carol” go to the December 2020 book of the month club It’s a wonderful book and I know everyone there will have lots to say about it.
(Yes!Banjo is playing the part of Scrooge!:flail:We all know she is quite the drama queen!)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mothers rejected two alley kittens and our house is their forever home. Wanda Belle in front of Doorbell. Both have tufted ears. Currently five or so weeks.

View attachment 360976
Oh my! What adorable little ones! I’m sorry I wasn’t online when you posted but I wanted to welcome you, Wanda Belle and Doorbell to the thread and to the site!:welcomesign: I am so glad you rescued them! I bet their mom knew you would give them everything they need.
This is a great site! There are lots of great things to explore with the kittens. There is information, funny threads, helpful people and lots of love here. You’ll meet wonderful humans and kitties here. If you have any questions or need anything, you’ll find the site very helpful.
I hope you’ll come to the thread for some smiles. The kitties that live here are all feral rescues and everyone I have met on TCS has offered help and support to me and the kitties as well as others. It’s a lot of reading to go through this thread but you’ll meet great people along the way. Please join in anytime and feel free to ask questions. If we don’t know the answer, we can help to direct you to others that can.
I have a Wanda too but she is Wanda Heart. I bet she would love to meet your babies!
Bravo for caring and saving those precious little ones! I wish everyone would do what you did!:clap2::goldstar::heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smokey is feeling pretty good. She has been spying on me though. I have been buying lots of snuggly blankets and washing them to put away for kitty Christmas presents. She found one of the wrappers before I could get rid of it.
FC3F07FF-0634-40EC-AF31-AD9EA6EB09A0.jpeg

Awww! The tongue that comes out just for treats is showing! I think she suspects something!
6B7108CC-ADB8-4B5D-A350-A430D4E0339E.jpeg

Always the inquisitive kitty, the feral in her remains. Time to hunt around a little bit.
85E0BF23-BD04-4250-9AE3-74BFECF79715.jpeg

What was in there?
BA17D8D6-08BB-4DBC-B06C-DAE89DC79897.jpeg

Closer examination necessary!
BD61167E-7442-4881-B8FB-45E40C5DDD3B.jpeg

Ack! Something left some fuzz in there!
BB383E8D-3228-4A5D-94B1-776547E7F5C2.jpeg

It sticks to the kitty tongue! Must have been a fuzzy blanket!
96246AAE-7EDE-495A-8E11-F6AB8739216A.jpeg

It takes a paw to clean fuzzy tongue!
B5205613-C414-4A86-8A06-6C71120603F1.jpeg

There is one thing that beats a snuggly blanket.
2879EDE0-6DE9-481C-9A34-7B4396E08234.jpeg

A snuggly kitty.....
EA971330-4FC4-4D21-B337-D44DFF4894B3.jpeg

With a cute little pink tongue.
943DE270-B08F-4896-8809-AC73A1FE326A.jpeg

Even better..... a kitty laugh!
C3D7C70B-9B15-4C3B-A9CF-8150C38C92ED.jpeg

All done for tonight folks. I guess Smokey has the last word for now.

The End!
AF738480-CAF9-4E29-894B-3A7B1D29E7BC.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I forgot to tell everyone! Yesterday I had to go out late to pick up an Order. While I was standing at customer service and waiting for help, I spotted something I have not seen since the first of the year! Two per customer. There were only about seven on the shelf. I got two and when I paid, the cashier was shocked to see what I had found. She closed her register after I paid and went to buy all that remained. It was flying off the shelf so she was lucky to get the cans she bought. I was very lucky to spot this. Try your Home Depot if you need some! The cans were a bit banged up and the plastic lid was cracked but, it certainly smells nice! Sometimes the little things make us smile.
0CD5DF26-B158-4975-A788-4A0EF7337DFE.jpeg

Sierra977

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my! What adorable little ones! I’m sorry I wasn’t online when you posted but I wanted to welcome you, Wanda Belle and Doorbell to the thread and to the site!:welcomesign: I am so glad you rescued them! I bet their mom knew you would give them everything they need.
That's the funny/strange thing about Doorbell. Her mother cat we call Mamacita is one of the first the other alley guys and I started feeding when the herd lost their former caregiver.
So one rainy, chilly Sunday morning when the cats get their morning feeding, Mamacita comes walking up carrying a kitten in her mouth. It was Doorbell.
Mamacita had a new litter and, when she left the food that morning, she left the kitten behind.
I was puzzled. Tried for several days to get Mamacita to retrieve her kitten but she would not acknowledge it. We were feeding the kitten PetLac so it wasn't going hungry.
I wanted a Tuxie and Mamacita produced one in an earlier litter but it was too old when I tried socializing it. So the opportunity to socialize a 2-week old Tuxie kitten was a gift. The thing about her name "Doorbell" is a play on the Greek word for gift "Dora".

Wanda Belle has her own story for another time.

Smiles

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So one rainy, chilly Sunday morning when the cats get their morning feeding, Mamacita comes walking up carrying a kitten in her mouth. It was Doorbell.
Mamacita had a new litter and, when she left the food that morning, she left the kitten behind.
I was puzzled. Tried for several days to get Mamacita to retrieve her kitten but she would not acknowledge it.
Mamacita knows your heart and she knows that you'll take good care of Doorbell where she knows that she is incapable of taking care of Doorbell and that's why she rang your heart's doorbell.

Thank you for taking in Doorbell and she's safe behind your heart's door :heartshape:

Believe me, Doorbell was meant for you and I guess that goes for Wanda Belle too. Bless your heart.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For anyone who has not read “A Christmas Carol” go to the December 2020 book of the month club It’s a wonderful book and I know everyone there will have lots to say about it.
If I wasn't clear, everyone is invited to read along with us. And you don't even have to buy the book, as it's available to read online for free. Details in the thread.

(Yes!Banjo is playing the part of Scrooge!:flail:We all know she is quite the drama queen!)
That she is. :hearthrob::hearthrob: :bicolorcat: :hearthrob::hearthrob:

Smokey is feeling pretty good.
Sending you tons of love, Smokey baby. Love to your mom too. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

The cans were a bit banged up and the plastic lid was cracked but, it certainly smells nice! Sometimes the little things make us smile.
Congrats on your find !!! :cheerleader: Where on earth has that can been, though, to be so mangled. :crazy:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S Sierra977 I am not surprise that Marmacita brought you her baby if she had another litter. Ferals are survival oriented and want their babies to survive as well. She really needed your help and knew she could trust you to provide for Doorbell. That is the highest form of compliment from a cat. Cute name!
I know you said that the tix from an earlier litter was too old to socialize but don’t believe everything you read about socializing older ferals. There are a lot of myths and and a lot of misinformation out there. I run into that a lot myself. I’m very glad you found TCS. After you have time to check around the ferals and stays forum, you’ll see that many older ferals are rescued and socialized as well in case you ever want to attempt doing that. I worked on a whole colony here and it had kitties of all ages. The last of the colony that I brought in was an older Tom cat and he is now the sweetest and most socialized of all. He fears no human now. In fact, he acts as a guardian for all here and checks out anyone or anything entering the property. He is strictly indoors at this time. BJ is a lap kitty and is perched across my shoulders as I type. Maybe he is more of a shoulder cat than a lap cat. :lol: With some of these it did take longer and they socialized to varying degrees but I can handle every one of them and 84 of them were social enough and lucky enough to get adopted. People like you make the world better for these kitties. Doorbell and Wanda Belle found a great fur ever home! We’ll wait for the story on Wanda Belle.;)

This is BJ.
33D2DAD8-7130-4441-ADA0-6EDA9710ED7D.jpeg

Here he is with his soulmate and older female, Flowers. Originally Flowers was so wild and firghtened I had been calling her Viscous. Lol She’s has become as sweet and loving as anyone could ever hope. The name Flowers suits her.
9E1C8267-1292-4199-B733-A5EC94BA851A.jpeg

Sierra977

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird
The older Tuxie is one of the five alley cats that eat at my house twice every day so I do keep up with her. Her alley name is Gibson Girl from Charles Dana Gibson's illustrations circa 1900. She will let me touch her for a few seconds then takes a healthy swipe with claws out.
external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird
The older Tuxie is one of the five alley cats that eat at my house twice every day so I do keep up with her. Her alley name is Gibson Girl from Charles Dana Gibson's illustrations circa 1900. She will let me touch her for a few seconds then takes a healthy swipe with claws out.
View attachment 361113
Well, we must have a lot in common. I have a couple of framed Gibson prints. I also have a rather ratty copy from 1903 of this book...the artwork is wonderful. I like the name! I’m glad the tux stayed there. I love tuxedos too.
864062B7-97DA-4A43-B467-C162817AA8A0.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder what she’ll order online this time!
Oh? What type of things does Banjo like to order? Sounds like my new best friend. Does she like coffee, hot sauce, & granola? :crossfingers:

Growing a face plant of my own.
I guess I'm gonna have to demonstrate my faceplant for you. It goes sorta like this-- OMG HaHaHa!!!:thud:

have been buying lots of snuggly blankets and washing them to put away for kitty Christmas presents
Sounds like heaven. ;)

I guess Smokey has the last word for now.
We must always let kitty have the last word. That's how you can tell if I really love somebody, I let them have the last word, even if they're obviously wrong. :thumbsup:

84 of them were social enough and lucky enough to get adopted.
I wish you could work with Demi & Maggie. After almost 7 years they are still pretty feral. Good thing I don't have a child, Maggie would probably punch it. 😲

Originally Flowers was so wild and firghtened I had been calling her Viscous.
Did you really call her Viscous? That sounds so unlike you. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Good question about that can! I chose the best looking two! Fortunately I got two and was able to spray one with the other! I think we have a lot of that sort of thing going on around here. I got the rest of my replacement cat food. Oddly, two cases were inside a Home Depot box! :headscratch: How did that come about? I did not buy them from there! I can clean these things but I cannot fix the broken stuff! I’m just grateful the spray still sprays! Lol:bliss:
Let’s hope that if it smells like Lysol, it is Lysol. :lol:
I had to laugh at this shipping label too. Oh yes! I always expect something..... special? Lol
B1F4D274-DBB8-4F79-BABC-5532853EAE3C.jpeg
B240A17F-607F-494F-9BAE-2C957E6CBA13.jpeg
BA5A24B6-13ED-412A-BDEC-1A75A93BD989.jpeg

Furballsmom Furballsmom That is one of my favorite photos. One of many though. Lol Photogenic kitties. They make such sweet portraits.:happycat:

M maggiedemi I never know what Banjo will order. She has lots of secrets. But if she ever buys a pony, I’m making her clean the litter box!:thud:

I hope the kitties will enjoy the blankets. I plan to be a part of a pile of snuggles. All cats and hoomans are welcome to join us!

I am always open to giving suggestions but I don’t know if Maggie is feral or just knows how to run the house. Lol

For a little while I did call Flowes viscous because she would run out of the woods and attack my legs. I just wouldn’t give up on her though.Then I realized her fear was severe. She had been doing exactly the right thing to stay safe! Good girl! She was being pursued by very bad humans. Her story became very sad and I quickly started calling her Flowers. BJ convinced her that she could bring her kittens to me to be safe and led her to the shelter by my back door. That was when I brought her and babies into safety. BJ was still elusive for awhile. Remember the flower babies? You would never know this was the same cat now. She often plants herself beside me. She is the most beautiful of Flowers. When Flowers and BJ were reunited, it brought happy tears for me. They had not forgotten each other and remained bonded. A true love story and happy ending after their struggles.:redheartpump::redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught something cute. Lol For anyone who does not know, Wanda Heart, Liberty, Tortie, Alley and Callie have stuck together as a group of girls. Then Prints came along. He had to be quarantined in the bathroom next to the girls room at first and when he was first allowed out, he entered the girl’s room. In the beginning the girls allowed him in but didn’t exactly extend a paw of complete welcome. Callie did give him a motherly kiss but Wanda Heart seemed a bit distant and Tortie just ignored him. Liberty and Alley are not disturbed by h but they still stick together. The room wasn’t well lit and I guess that’s why I was able to catch this. I was unexpected company. I had to laugh. I interpreted their expressions in response to what I said.
I have lots of hiding and snuggling places in the room. Inside a small Rubbermaid container I caught two kitties! Oh! Wanda Heart and Prints, are you snuggling?
C16CABEA-A1B7-474B-8E75-B0131A2B2AEC.jpeg

No comment?

F0C66803-6FBE-47E5-9F42-C90766CEF1A3.jpeg

Prints? No?
186A4EE2-6AE7-494B-A67D-E4FC37ED6DD9.jpeg

You were really just trying to get close to Wanda Hearts toy with the heart beat?
E4DBBEAA-C5BE-4201-9243-85BB0124BE4D.jpeg

So Wanda Heart and Tortie, you have accepted a boy into the girl’s room?
33053724-3934-480D-8E47-D37B51BDE656.jpeg

Boy?!?! No! I was just staying warm!
1D0A5F8C-039E-417A-BA73-2C319382CC6A.jpeg

Yeah. Right! I think Wanda Heart and Prints make a cute couple. Young love! It’s pretty wonderful what a loving heart beat can do. :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here he is with his soulmate and older female, Flowers. Originally Flowers was so wild and firghtened I had been calling her Viscous. Lol She’s has become as sweet and loving as anyone could ever hope. The name Flowers suits her.
9E1C8267-1292-4199-B733-A5EC94BA851A.jpeg
Oh, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that picture. So totally precious. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Yeah. Right! I think Wanda Heart and Prints make a cute couple. Young love! It’s pretty wonderful what a loving heart beat can do. :redheartpump: :hearthrob:
Another precious couple. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.