My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. I tried ordering again. The first problem was overcharging for shipping! $164.00 over! A nice rep removed that for me on my second call. Thank you Eton! Of the thousands of reps, he could not believe that I happened to get him and remember him from once before. I remembered because he has a Siamese and other cats, we talked of orchids and Bonsai and I invited him to join us here. I also remembered what country he lives in. I invited him again to join us here and I hope he is reading here! Very nice person and a cat lover! We’ll see if the charge was removed. Hoping! Two days on the phone so far.

The first part of my order arrived okay.

Then I got a notice that is spite of everything being in stock when I ordered, I would not get all I ordered as it is now out of stock. Cat food. Of course! Of the 25 I would get 23 cases. Another phone call. The charge for those two is not supposed to appear on my account.

Then I got the second part of my order. 21 cases. Missing two cases! Also..., Uh oh. The boxes look a bit squished. Better check the contents.
View attachment 360264
Nooooooo. All but two cases were broken open and cans had burst.
View attachment 360265
Ew ew that smell!
View attachment 360266
When I opened the boxes, cans poured out of some and smell as well. Four cases worth of opened cans is what I have found so far. 192 cans and I haven’t reboxed everything yet. My trash can runneth over!
Another day on the phone! Where is the rest of my order. “It will be there later today. Nope! What about the crushed stuff. We will ship replacements. Okay. Waiting. Four days of phone calls, a stinky mess and a lot of money. Still hoping it will come out okay. I will be carrying another 23 cases through my drive, into the house and unloading them AFTER I finish cleaning up this and re packaging all but two cases. What if the next shipment is like this one?:running::help: Those Fed ex guys have got to stop playing trampoline on these boxes. Lol I think it was a lot easier transporting all this myself in the long run! If I am not on site tomorrow, it’s because I am carrying cat food or on the phone! They did extend my free shipping membership for three months to compensate. (I will believe it when I can verify it.) Oh yeah, they tell me that bulk orders no longer get free shipping and cat litter doesn’t qualify either.:doh2: I guess I could place a small order every day. No litter. I’ll be making calls again tomorrow.
I ordered a ten foot ladder from someone today. I’ll be going to pick that up myself,:lol:
I had this happen 2x in BJ's. First time, me and my sister bought a bunch of Friskies cases, she rushed and didn't throughly check the cases. There was a little smell but we thought it was something else. When we got home we found out that one of the cases had busted and opened cans in it and ....... there were live maggots in it. EEEEEEEWWWWW !!!🤢 The second time this happened the maggots were dead. Seriously, the delivery and warehouse workers can be very rough with the cases. I now try to buy a load of individual cans on sale. These situations have turned me off to cases of cat food. YUCK!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh man, that's terrible. My cans always come dented from Amazon, but never busted open. Have you ever tried Amazon, Chewy, Walmart, Target? Those are the ones I order canned cat food cases from.
I really think the issue here may be FedEx. I lucked out. My driver (in my tiny town, I know what driver I'll have) is wonderful, and even brings heavy boxes in and puts them in the room where my pantry storage is. And, Jcatbird Jcatbird , you REALLY need to make a formal complaint with FedEx!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I know! Such a waste and so many!

M maggiedemi I have ordered from three different places so far that you mentioned. It’s the delivery that seems to go wrong rather that the store. Each time I have had crushed stuff. I also ordered something from that fruit company that you know about. That was a lightweight box and it’s the one they tossed over a five foot tall fence! My porch and front door was just a few steps away! Instead the box hit my driveway. I ordered cherries and got creamed cherries. Lol

At least this time they stacked the boxes neatly. Maybe because I put up a sign that says,” Deliveries here please.:redheartpump: Have a great day!” Maybe if I left a nice box of treats or something they would be more careful? That works with the kitties!

rubysmama rubysmama It is a terrible waste. I also hate it that the store is left holding the bag. ( box? Lol) I really feel it was the packers or delivery people. I was told to just dispose of the cases! I told them I would donate the crushed but good cans after I check them over. They were happy about that. I don’t think the shelter would want them so I am going to put them out by the road with a sign,“ free dented cat food!” I know some around here who will be grateful for them. Not a total waste. I often put stuff out that is good but I no longer use and it always gets picked up. I was moving a refrigerator out of the trailer once to go to recycling. It was by the drive while we put the new one in place. In just a few minutes, the old one had already vanished! Rapid recycling!:lol:

That video is wonderful! I know of a couple of places like that but nothing so beautifully done! It’s well planned and obviously works well. My what a variety of creatures passing over! I thought it was interesting how many looked right at the camera. There’s a Banjo type in every bunch!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I do fine if I buy the cases and transport them myself because I always check the box for signs of rough handling and I know that smell! Blah! Besides, with this many kitties, I have to buy in bulk.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 The store will be filing a complaint. I used to have good results but with so much stress on the system and the humans, my complaint might have serious results. They do know where I live. Lol This was a large and heavy delivery. The delivery person was probably exhausted and frustrated. From now on I am going to order smaller shipments to see if that helps BUT I think that I have a better solution coming soon! I inquired at the hardware store just two minutes from my house to see if he can stock the foods for me. It would benefit his small pop operation and benefit me. He was very willing if he can get what I need. He already carries some farm animal foods and he is a cat lover! He even has kitten formula and baby bottles for kittens in stock. I like that guy! I have given him as much business as I could for the past twenty years so.... maybe that will work out. Sometimes it pays to think outside the litter box.;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Agreed! Stinky mess and a lot of extra work. I am repacking boxes and taping them shut before stacking them in the storage space. At least the cases of Fancy Feast didn’t get squished. Maybe it was a different driver that day. I have another sign up that says ,” Fed Ex, please knock. I am willing to assist.” They never knock these days. It’s a mad dash for them to complete their route. The store assured me they would be in touch with Fed Ex themselves. :dunno: If they made the driver:oops: clean up the cat food that spoiled, they would quit! Ewwww! I just had a thought. What if the wharehouse packers did the damage and the poor Fed Ex driver had to ride with that smell! Maybe I do need to leave the delivery people some treats! I think I will!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whistle isn’t often featured. He is a shy but absolutely adorable and loving kitty. He is as smart as his sister Banjo and a true survivor. He is just a little timid with certain things. Anything that has big ears, like a rabbit or Armadillo seems scary.Anything resembling big ear shapes too. If I tie up a trash bag, the ties must not stick up like big ears. Often we don’t figure out what makes our rescues nervous but Whistle has made it very clear by his reactions. I guess he had a run in with a large eared creature when he was an outside kitten. He spent some time with me yesterday. I think these were his thoughts. He decided that if Banjo can tell a story, he can too!

We had another human holiday.
C013CA80-F908-4DEA-8C13-4FD480BE8F4A.jpeg

I was worried it might be another one where rabbits show up. Mom explained this was just about being thankful and no bunnies today. Maybe a bird though. I like feathers.
3F36AEC1-DCCE-44F0-84B9-3574F2A0F157.jpeg

Why do humans like rabbits to bring eggs anyway? Lol
CA99FB7F-7B21-4EED-A0A9-76D163F7585F.jpeg

That’s just scary. Big ears!
300F9BAD-09C4-4B00-94AD-59E473A5833F.jpeg

Am I working the camera right?
7FC5CB68-47D1-4E55-9525-A9A1F44FB2DA.jpeg

I want to explain my story.
3F606D47-EA2F-4AC0-9494-C7E2BF3F4D14.jpeg

Never mind Banjo! I’ve got it right. I can see myself.
40E1B695-E87C-4F48-8C2B-67753DFC9325.jpeg

You see, Rabbits and Armadillos have big ears and they scared me when I was little. They were always coming around and nibbling things or digging around my bed. At night they looked like monsters! Giants! Even now it makes my claws come out and my tail feel bushy.
FB6499C4-19CF-4595-9AD6-7FD6970BBE32.jpeg

Hey!!!!
52C7D005-FB1A-4702-AA6A-4B4313433456.jpeg

I can’t believe what I just noticed. I gotta look again!
16D62F5A-C013-4AE8-A94C-8FA0ECF7A5EE.jpeg

I have big ears but I’m not a bunny or an armadillo!
157B1113-E4E3-4F59-AD5A-B54465E911B6.jpeg

Well, well, well. Looka there!
F53C6466-78CC-4CDC-B80D-DC3B9146448A.jpeg

I’m not a scary monster rabbit!
4550D965-61FF-48F7-B5E9-9E439D0D7D35.jpeg

I’m just a sweet kitty! Maybe big ears aren’t as scary as I thought?
0E5F2ABB-36C7-495A-B693-2218A894D44C.jpeg

Wow. I suddenly feel much more relaxed! I am thankful today too. I guess that’s the story I need to tell. Being thankful for what we have, what we are and that we don’t always need to worry about the scary stuff.
2A18EED8-AE1B-4A04-BB5B-84712410FC0A.jpeg

Not all big ears have to be scary. Some can end up being something nice and comforting.

I’m going to dream about my own ears tonight. Rub them mom?!
EE95E012-DBA2-4705-B89E-851756782364.jpeg

And I did. He is a very smart kitty.

Let’s don’t tell him about elephant ears just yet.🐘

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SCAMPER IS HOME! The poor baby now has TWO bum front legs, and is staggering like a drunken sailor. However, his "boo-boos" have neosporin on them, his tummy is full, and he's snuggled down under one of my porch chairs with a blankie. I've managed to disguise this by digging out a pair of old chair covers that fit JUST RIGHT! He ate like an absolute horse. I guess he's been holed up, healing enough to get home. He's also had the better part of an hour of loving and ear rubs. His right ear is badly scabbed, and that got neosporin as well. I'm trying to figure out how to get him to the vet without bringing him in (Hekitty would have a major melt-down), and haven't hit on it yet.

Just checked on him. He's gone again, now that it is getting light out. Feral. Headed for cover. I've brought the blankie in, and will put it back out at sundown for him.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe if I left a nice box of treats or something they would be more careful? That works with the kitties!
Works with humans too. :)

Here's a video from last Christmas of someone leaving treats for the couriers.
(note: there'll probably be a short commercial before the video)

I often put stuff out that is good but I no longer use and it always gets picked up. I was moving a refrigerator out of the trailer once to go to recycling. It was by the drive while we put the new one in place. In just a few minutes, the old one had already vanished! Rapid recycling!:lol:
That happens around here too. You put something out for garbage pickup, and there's a good chance someone will grab it before the garbage truck goes by.

1606566881132.png

That video is wonderful! I know of a couple of places like that but nothing so beautifully done! It’s well planned and obviously works well. My what a variety of creatures passing over! I thought it was interesting how many looked right at the camera. There’s a Banjo type in every bunch!
I loved this deer.

1606567195128.png

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may not be on later. So sorry folks. Please carry on if I am not here. Lots of prayers please.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Any chance to let Scamper be shut in the bathroom? I know Hek would object but maybe someone else’s bathroom for a few days? Healing purrs sent!:purr::redheartpump:

rubysmama rubysmama That treat video was a feral treat to watch. I loved the little dance.
The deer is so beautiful. They are such graceful creatures.:redheartpump:

Furballsmom Furballsmom Whistle has a heart of gold. No panning needed.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Short but still a smile for everyone. Thank you for being here.

It’s getting cold here this week. A new heater was in order. Got to read the packaging!
Personal heater. Safety features. Cool touch exterior. 3 Control settings. Overheat safety shut off. Fully assembled! Safety is built in! I wonder if all that is true?!?!
25BD0D5F-B7A4-4114-A332-C834F7E6B6A1.png

Huh. When I took it out of the box is looked different than the picture. I never did figure out how to plug it in but it’s a great little heater. It Whistles too!
89546BB0-9602-43D8-81A0-84EADB99D713.jpeg

:redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from that fruit company that you know about
They keep sending me emails about all their tasty new products! Spicy relish, salsa, chutney. Leaves me drooling. 🌶

I told them I would donate the crushed but good cans after I check them over.
You won't use the dented cans? I have to use them since they all come that way. :sigh:

From now on I am going to order smaller shipments to see if that helps
Yeah, you get free shipping at $35 at Target & Walmart, $25 at Amazon, $50 at Chewy. Try placing smaller orders as a test. You won't be out anything since shipping is free. 👍

I am repacking boxes and taping them shut before stacking them in the storage space.
What are you going to do with all the busted cans? Dad actually wanted to know, so he's the nosey one, not me. :lol:

Whistle isn’t often featured. He is a shy but absolutely adorable and loving kitty. He is as smart as his sister Banjo and a true survivor. He is just a little timid with certain things.
Hmmm....Are you talking about Whistle or Me here? Metaphor or Simile? 😉

I guess that’s the story I need to tell. Being thankful for what we have, what we are and that we don’t always need to worry about the scary stuff.
So be thankful, be yourself, and don't worry so much. Got it. Thanks Wise Whistle. ❤

I never did figure out how to plug it in but it’s a great little heater. It Whistles too!
That is a lovely little heater you got there. Wish I was there to use it! I could use some warmth. ☀:hugs:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Whistle is a great little heater. I don’t really see three control settings though. Lol Head, ears and chin?

M maggiedemi I have trouble opening the dented cans and since I open huge numbers per day, it takes a toll. I don’t mind the dented really, just hard to deal with. Since I know some who cannot afford to feed kitties right now are living nearby, they will get them. If the shelter would take them, they would go there. Also, with so many ruptured ones, I have to wash them all! It leaks on the others and stinks. The number that arrives does not seem to matter. I got five today and three were busted up. The shipping shows they can all the way from Nevada! They had a long trip so I am not surprised they showed wear and tear. I am working on trying to get the food much closer to home. I hope it works out. The company needs to get their product to me safely too so if you get damaged stuff, you need to let people know when it arrives.

Your Dad is nosey?:lol: I like that. He is interested. If we were closer, you would get them! Tell him to bring a Uhaul and I’ll save them for you!
The ones actually broken open go straight to the trash! Stinky!

Metaphor or simile? Well , when I say Whistle is a heater ( obviously he is a cat. Lol ) That would be metaphor. If I you are like the sweetest Peach, simile. Smiley too! Whistle is very wise.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you! It is part of the complaint to the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.