My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Mine is actually a Dodge but he said many Honda’s have it too. Most these days. :dunno: Sooo he doesn’t need to replace the whole thing? Very good to know. I had wondered about the pulleys but just don’t know enough.:rolleyes: There are diagrams under the hood but I can’t get to anything on that motor. You have educated me! Thank you! I guess he was straight with me. I’ll start a repair fund immediately! Labor! Unh.

BellaGooch BellaGooch I am not sure if I broke Murphy’s law or if I am just building up a balance.:flail:

He was very kind about telling me I can call to get a ride if I break down. I have known him as a friend of a friend for a long time. Great mechanic? Hopefully. Also hoping not to need many of those skills! Lol I did get an “air hug” though! Kind of funny.

M maggiedemi Lady just fell head over paws for that cat. She never looked at another! Lol She did give BJ a little kiss though so maybe she understands that the sweet and thoughtful ones are the best.

Muffin is fine! She is as firstly as always and still sleeps with her paws on her head. She is so funny. She said you can sample pets but no biting this Muffin! However, she says she is blueberry!

One shoe up! One shoe down! The other shoe does fall but the trick is to enjoy the moments in between. Like the saying, “Before the shoe hits the floor! “ Wait....
Maybe I misquoted that. 🤔 ;)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I went back to my source, and for a Dodge, it is called an alternator decoupler pulley. Advance also sells them, and there are 4 of them, from around $70 to $120. The cheaper ones are probably remanufactured and the expensive one all-new, but that's just a guess.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up some flea meds for that neighbor cat. It looks like a she to me. I have her treats and the meds. She swatted me. Lol She is totally bonded with the neighbor. I couldn’t stay long and was wearing an N-95 mask to tend the kitty but I did get a few minutes with her. I got a closer look at her too. She has spots!
Also, the fellow who bottle raised a similar looking kitten had been in to see the neighbor. He lied! He told the man that his kitten had been grey! The kitty told on him though. She went straight to him and rubbed all over him! He does not want her!:cloudy:He is superstitious and says she has human eyes!:censored::sigh: Better for this kitty to be away from him. She will be getting registered to the neighbor at the vets office as soon as I can help him to schedule her. I told him the story of Prints and that his kitty has spots too. So.... Sherbert now how a middle name. Pawpurr. Prints and the Pawpurr! I am wondering though, did that guy dump Prints too! Close to the same age. I will never know who dumped who but it is possible. The vet will be able to gauge the age of the neighbors cat better than I can.

I come bearing gifts!
View attachment 358983
That’s a favorite at my house.
View attachment 358984
Go ahead little one. You need the extra treat.
View attachment 358985
Good huh?!?!
View attachment 358986
Can we see your spots?
View attachment 358987
You’re beautiful! I think some
Magic brought you to this house.
View attachment 358988
You and Mr. Neighbor can take care of each other.
View attachment 358989
You love Mr. M don’t you? Don’t be scared of my mask!
View attachment 358990
I look like a bear with a white muzzle? Lol
Can I get the fleas and parasites? Just a little stuff on your neck.
View attachment 358991
Awww! It’s alright. Don’t eat me, okay?
View attachment 358992
Play?
View attachment 358993
You like that? Let’s let your Dad take over.
View attachment 358994
You got the mouse!
View attachment 358995
Dad plays better.
View attachment 358996
Let him have it! Lol
View attachment 358997
That works!
View attachment 358998

You want a different smell on the mouse? I guess it might smell like a store.
View attachment 359000
Tastes like a store? Blah!
View attachment 359001
I think that’s actually catnip you taste but..... okay.
View attachment 359002
You’re going to fix it?
View attachment 359003
Ohhhh.
View attachment 359004
Make it smell like home?
View attachment 359005
You have an idea?
View attachment 359006
I think I understand.
View attachment 359007
Dad scented!
View attachment 359008
Mouse in the shoe.
View attachment 359009
Purrfect.
View attachment 359010
Let it simmer? :lol: I leave that to you!
View attachment 359011
How is it now?
View attachment 359012
Yay! It worked!
View attachment 359013
Whatever the kitty wants. :lovecat2:
Huh?! "The cat has human eyes?":dizzy: That guy is a little off lol. Just look at that sweet face --who can reject that little angel? :angelcat:
I admit when I was a little child, I did not like black cats because some ignorant adult told me that black cats are evil. Well, I been feeding cats when I got a little older and first came the cats with black and white fur, then the Tuxedos came, and then the sweetest black cat came. She was so loving and affectionate. When she first came I tried shooing her away, but her affectionate nature won me over. It completly dissolved the lie I was told as a child. I have owned black cats and have feed and still do feed plenty of black cat. That superstition was such utter bs. Can you imagine if I still believed that lie? SMH. What foolishness!!!:purr:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Thank you! I love your source! I will keep that info handy. I might be needing it soon! Lol ;)

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Some cultures see black cats as very good omens and some see white ones as good or bad. All are good. Superstitions result in many misconceptions. I am glad you realized how sweet black kitties are. I have three and all three are especially Loving. My eldest is a black kitty. One just jumped in my lap to say hello! Meet Purry Como!
29AE172A-4A3F-42E3-B857-F8005D454676.jpeg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Thank you! I love your source! I will keep that info handy. I might be needing it soon! Lol ;)

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Some cultures see black cats as very good omens and some see white ones as good or bad. All are good. Superstitions result in many misconceptions. I am glad you realized how sweet black kitties are. I have three and all three are especially Loving. My eldest is a black kitty. One just jumped in my lap to say hello! Meet Purry Como!View attachment 359034
Well hello Purry Como!!! He's a handsome little boy. Love the name- it's very clever! Now, I have that Perry Como song in my head-- Magic Moments. You should make a compliation of Purry Como pics/videos to that song---that would be most purrfect. :dancingblackcat::catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope we don’t have any Tom cat Fonk! I prefer Aramadillo right now. Lol The cats are not fond of Dillo fonk either though. Can you imagine if Hekitty saw an Armadillo?
I doubt that Muffin would want a harness either. I guess Hekitty is saying ,” if you harness me, you will need a new leash on life? “
I KNOW Hekitty is saying that! As for armadillos (es?), I dunno. She has no real problem with dogs, even very large ones, that are reasonably calm. She, quite rightly, sees them as "lesser beings" and unworthy of notice. Cats, on the other hand, are definitely worthy of her notice. She has no problem with watching the ferals she knows through the window, but I am NOT TO BRING THE FONK INTO THE HOUSE! If Scamper ever jumps into my lap, there's going to be the devil to pay, and no pitch hot!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't imagine how someone could bottle raise a kitten, then dump it. But if he's claiming his kitten was gray, then at least he won't be trying to say little Sherbert is his. She's a sweetie pie. And yet another orange tabby female! So much for most orange tabbies being male. :winkcat: I hope your neighbour is able to keep Sherbert, and that having her in his home helps motivate him when he's feeling down or unwell. Make sure you tell him about the power of the purr. The therapeutic power of a purring cat | Considerable

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Some cultures see black cats as very good omens and some see white ones as good or bad. All are good. Superstitions result in many misconceptions. I am glad you realized how sweet black kitties are. I have three and all three are especially Loving. My eldest is a black kitty. One just jumped in my lap to say hello! Meet Purry Como!View attachment 359034
It's easy enough to find. I just typed in 'Dodge vans/ alternator clutch' and I found a ton of information about it. The same can be said for most any make or model of vehicle out there. Sometimes, there are even videos showing those with the tools and inclination how to perform repairs, although some things are best left to the pros.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That’s a very sweet thought. Purry would like to be featured with music! He purrs constantly which is what started me thinking of his name. He sings and dances too! Lol Very talented cat. He has always been the “greeter” here. He loves all who will allow it. Very sweet big boy. I were my and listened to the song. I have heard it before but nice to hear it again.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Maybe you need an apron to wear around Scamper! Lol Remove before entering!
I suppose that dogs and armadillos are beneath Hekitty. She doesn’t need to acknowledge such things. Lol Maybe she could reach Whistle to be brave around things with big Ears! Ummm. Maybe? Lol She would have to allow Whistle to be around though. He would have to be Hekitty scented.

rubysmama rubysmama I was very surprised when that guy raised that kitten. It goes a bit against his culture. I think his family had a lot to due with the dumping. He really should not have pets where he lives since his family does not fully approve. I am kind of glad he told me about the family. He would never go toe to toe with me by himself and if they won’t back him
up, Sherbert won’t be reclaimed.
Yes! I am pretty sure that Sherbie is a girl! Kind of hard to tell when they don’t want you to look back there!:gingercat: A vet check will determine more. I want Sherbert to calm down a little and I will be talking to the vet this week when I am there for another appointment.
I think the neighbor is getting pretty attached. He was playing with her using the wand toy I gave them. She stays right beside him and follows him everywhere. She has chosen. As long as I can keep them with the supplies she needs, it should all be fine. He can’t really go out shopping for her but I will help. I’ve already set them up with the basics. It’s convenient that I am very near.
N NY cat man I may look up the repair job out of curiosity but that is beyond my skill set. So often when I am trying to do a repair, I find that things are tightened beyond what I can loosen. Lol I can’t imagine trying to get things out of the way to do that job! I would like to do it but ... probably better left to an expert. Thanks for the info though. I would like to see how the job is done. The better informed I am, the less likely for others to give too little info or wrong info. :thanks::rock:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My camellias are blooming!
3962089D-6D20-49A7-9633-D32FA086B9F0.jpeg
302B5463-655B-4495-920A-8F4B2877E9B0.jpeg

Smokey offered to make me breakfast this morning.
AF829FBD-C4EC-4B3C-9439-6FF6975D4A9F.jpeg

My sweet girl!
6B782F3D-158F-46DA-9746-BE0AD5D38414.jpeg

She is always taking care of me.
9CBD14C8-E0E0-4551-AB38-50C4EA902271.jpeg

She knows the tongue thing always makes me laugh.
9DD4E2E7-1B28-4450-8CA7-3343FE8DB608.jpeg

Also, when making breakfast biscuits....
3D05D088-ED28-43C4-8B47-269016B7D4EA.jpeg

The real trick is....
F6BFB3C0-5463-4974-B089-FC01AA692108.jpeg

Holding you tongue JUST right while you knead the....
647F9282-8FCE-4120-B3E0-9F29F2F205C0.jpeg

Hooman.
1CE29DE0-6182-44D3-BD21-BACBC9D43F17.jpeg

Fluff paws are great at making biscuits.....
6D4F2C92-1837-402A-955C-2C86AFFA21C8.jpeg

Or testing out a pincushion!
20157C27-136D-408A-B7B0-AF3663BF6EE9.jpeg

Oh. Smokey says she doesn’t have tiny pins. She has NAILS! Lol True!
879DB014-798D-47E3-AAE3-A3BA15432981.jpeg

After much work...
ACBF2FCA-E27F-4556-9651-F9FC6FC1F571.jpeg

She finished making biscuits.
F0862A3B-4B93-49A1-B405-9385EA8FB339.jpeg

So now what?
C0D170C3-A385-4C27-AD0A-7E37AE87C447.jpeg

Time for the hooman part.
4C249110-049D-4999-A9D0-C386ADD83A85.jpeg

Rewards.
24AF6E87-50DC-4EF5-B639-14811275A5C0.jpeg

I love the rewards part. She deserves them.
Smokey grew up with me singing to Sarah and since she was always present, to her and the other kitties as well! Lol Poor kitties must have thought it caterwauling! However, they still like it. Lol Normally we would be singing “On Top of Old Smokey!” Tonight is the height of the Leonid showers though so we changed it up a bit.
I wonder if the caterwauling here attracts all the cats?:lol:
A little later tonight, go and watch the skies if you can. Put some stars in your pocket. 💫:kitty::redheartpump:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My camellias are blooming!

She knows the tongue thing always makes me laugh.

Smokey grew up with me singing to Sarah and since she was always present, to her and the other kitties as well! Lol Poor kitties must have thought it caterwauling! However, they still like it. Tonight is the height of the Leonid showers though so we changed it up a bit.
A little later tonight, go and watch the skies if you can. Put some stars in your pocket. 💫:kitty::redheartpump:
So pretty! We have a pink camellia bush outside. The dog likes to eat the flowers :rolleyes: I wish he wouldn't. He usually doesn't take too many off, though, so it still looks pretty :) Your white ones are so pretty!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, your cats have the best facial expressions! I was smiling looking at those adorable pictures of Smokey.
Aww, such a cute, beautiful song. 🤗 Not sure if I'll be able to see them from where I live in the city, though, but I'll keep an eye out!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Smokey thanks you! I hope you get to see the stars. It really is amazing to see. If you catch one, let us know! Be careful though. This is what happened when I got one. :goldstar:Really hard to hold on to!:lol:

tabbytom tabbytom Smokey is showing her own little camellia. She is such a funny girl. I just can’t imagine where she got that tongue thing from!?!?! :tongue:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is superstitious and says she has human eyes!
It's his conscience bothering him! He knows he did wrong & can't look his former cat in the eye. :nono:

Mouse in the shoe.
Demi hid a real mouse in Dad's boot once. You should have seen him jump. Hee hee. 🐁🥾

I did get an “air hug” though!
Hmmm....What is an air hug? :headscratch:

Muffin is fine! She is as firstly as always
Firstly? I like that. Is it a new word or typo? :think:

However, she says she is blueberry!
Thanks for the suggestion Muffin. I'll try a blueberry muffin next. :thumbsup:

One shoe up! One shoe down! The other shoe does fall but the trick is to enjoy the moments in between.
I got ya. Kinda like...enjoy the journey? ;)

Put some stars in your pocket. 💫
I'll try to collect as many as I can. 🌟

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi :flail: Muffin always comes first/ is firstly but I meant feisty! Very appropriate for Muffin.

Ohhh! You may have hit upon something! He is guilty and can’t look a cat in the eyes! Yep.

An air hug is mimicking a hug from a distance. Hugging the air so you don’t have physical contact. Throwing a hug? Lol Not the same as throwing a kiss but a hug version. Friendly.

You got my meaning. Enjoy the journey.

Muffin says blueberry is beautiful. Lol I happen to love blueberry muffins. Especially this furry one.

Demi!!!! Hiding the mouse from Maggie? Or... just wanted to see your Dad do the mouse dance?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffin always comes first/ is firstly but I meant feisty!
I love your typos. They either have me doing a faceplant or learning a new fun useful word. :thumbsup:

An air hug is mimicking a hug from a distance. Hugging the air so you don’t have physical contact.
The mechanic threw you a hug?!...I wouldn't mind one of those hugs I guess. A hug is a hug. :hugs:

Demi!!!! Hiding the mouse from Maggie? Or... just wanted to see your Dad do the mouse dance?
When Demi catches mice, he tosses them high in the air a billion times. So I guess it probably flew into the boot. 🙄

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went outside last night. It was pretty chilly but o wrapped up and settled in to watch the sky for a little while. I was interrupted once by a nosey raccoon. 🦝 I guess he was stargazing too. Lol at 10:18 I saw a super falling star. It took a long path across the sky. I saw a couple of brief dates flashes but that was the best one in an hour and a half. I finally can in to warm back up with some kitty help. Nothing is better than fur babies sitting on cold feet! ( Unless it is the ones by your ears.)
I tried to catch a star to put in my pocket but.... it just caused things to get kind of Smokey. ;)
00DB1D51-0D59-4D88-A50A-F46D858F674D.jpeg

If you try to put me in your pocket,
4A4A496A-22C7-40D4-AC62-8F827BEC62F7.jpeg

I’ll just flip over and play possum.
FC46D09F-C456-4DB4-9C03-84843C244846.jpeg

While I had that belly showing, I got out the brush. Smokey loves the brush. She slept on me all night.:redheartpump:
9815736C-7077-44C1-B526-D91A498D3716.jpeg

I may not be on tomorrow. I have appointments and may be tied up pretty late. I’ll get back as soon as I can. In the meantime, did anyone else see stars?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went outside last night. It was pretty chilly but o wrapped up and settled in to watch the sky for a little while. I was interrupted once by a nosey raccoon. 🦝 I guess he was stargazing too. Lol at 10:18 I saw a super falling star. It took a long path across the sky. I saw a couple of brief dates flashes but that was the best one in an hour and a half. I finally can in to warm back up with some kitty help. Nothing is better than fur babies sitting on cold feet! ( Unless it is the ones by your ears.)
I tried to catch a star to put in my pocket but.... it just caused things to get kind of Smokey. ;)
View attachment 359240
If you try to put me in your pocket,
View attachment 359241
I’ll just flip over and play possum.
View attachment 359242
While I had that belly showing, I got out the brush. Smokey loves the brush. She slept on me all night.:redheartpump:
View attachment 359243
I may not be on tomorrow. I have appointments and may be tied up pretty late. I’ll get back as soon as I can. In the meantime, did anyone else see stars?
No, it was overcast here, so no sky show. The last meteor that I saw was several years ago. It was early morning, just before dawn, when I saw one low in the northern sky, going from west to east. It left a bright green trail behind it as it streaked across the sky. I've never seen another like it, before or since.

Status
Not open for further replies.