My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
put your thumb through it and the sleeve will stay put by your wrist.
Thanks for explaining! I thought maybe it had something to do with keeping my hands warm, but couldn't figure out how. :lol:

Cinnamon! Yum! I used to have a kitty named Cinnamon when I was a girl. Lol Spicy purrsonality!
I'm obsessed with cinnamon lately- coffee, almond butter, granola. I just saw a sweater in Cinnamon Beige color and I wanted it. :thumbsup:

a piece of warm yeast bread with homemade butter!
Yeah, I think I would rather have warm homemade bread with butter & cinnamon sugar! 🍞

Have you ever tried gluten free bread? :rolleyes: Surely someone makes a good one?
Try the wide pan style. It's much better tasting. :)

I like girls!
He must be related to BJ the Romeo. :nono:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to wonder if that was a typo or my subconscious telling the truth! :thumbsup:
Biscuits! Ummmm. Have you ever tried gluten free bread? :rolleyes: Surely someone makes a good one? I can eat it but I would never “crave” glutten free bread. I tolerate it. Sometimes I just go ahead and eat some gluten. It’s worth the penalty!
[/QUOTE
Omg, everytime I visited this thread today my mouth was watering. Here is my sweet tooth fix for breakfast lately. A nice warm Apple Fritter with pumpkin Spice flavored hot coffee. YUM! Forget the sugar high that puts me on:runaround:--- it is soooo worth it! Lol. I am into the Fall season, so anything with apples and pumpkin is what i crave this time of year. It is not just a sugar fix, but a happy fix.😋❤❤❤

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Jbirdcat, I don't know how this happened, but my reply got mixed with yours. The apple fritter comment is mine. I will be more careful next time.🙁
Jbirdcat, I like it. Yes, pumpkin spice. Denmark bakery, then Starbucks with my gift card.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For lovely Pippa
00LitCandle.jpeg

SCAMPER IS BACK! Two days running, Monday and Tuesday mornings, quite early! I set food out for the front-door cats at 9PM, 2AM and 6AM. The last feeding is pretty much for Scamper, because that's when he is most likely to show up. Monday morning, I walked out and spotting this shadow lippety-popping along as fast as he could. Poor baby. I think the front leg is broken, between the paw and the "elbow" (which is actually the wrist, just like what we think of as their "knees" is more their ankle). Unfortunately, although I could break into Hek's emergency fund for treatment, what I cannot do is get caught trapping on the property. I would be evicted. HOWEVER, in better news, the injured right hind foot is healing very nicely. The scabs are dropping off, and I can see new fur coming in! And he doesn't have to hunt for a living...not with taking anywhere from 2 to 6 meals a day with me!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Jbirdcat, I like it. Yes, pumpkin spice. Denmark bakery, then Starbucks with my gift card.
I somehow got my comment attached to Jcatbird's reply. I love Pumpkin Spice coffee and lattes. Funny thing though, I can't seem to find that creamer at the supermarkets around me. Maybe, it is in short supply because of the pandemic. I like Starbucks, but can't afford to go there much. There P.S. Lattes were awesome. This thread us making my mouth water lol.🤤😊

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
For lovely Pippa
View attachment 353728,

SCAMPER IS BACK! Two days running, Monday and Tuesday mornings, quite early! I set food out for the front-door cats at 9PM, 2AM and 6AM. The last feeding is pretty much for Scamper, because that's when he is most likely to show up. Monday morning, I walked out and spotting this shadow lippety-popping along as fast as he could. Poor baby. I think the front leg is broken, between the paw and the "elbow" (which is actually the wrist, just like what we think of as their "knees" is more their ankle). Unfortunately, although I could break into Hek's emergency fund for treatment, what I cannot do is get caught trapping on the property. I would be evicted. HOWEVER, in better news, the injured right hind foot is healing very nicely. The scabs are dropping off, and I can see new fur coming in! And he doesn't have to hunt for a living...not with taking anywhere from 2 to 6 meals a day with me!
I hope that Scamper gets the love and care he needs. I have worried many times over my cats, so I know the emotional rollercoaster you are on. I hope everything works out for Scamperand that you don't face any penalties for helping him. I know how it feels being under that threat. That between a rock and hard place situation
Well all the best to you. Goodnight.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you about Pippa! Her Mom knows about everyone here sending hope and it helped. It’s always scary when our kitties are sick. Having others care makes a difference.
Awww! You are so sweet! The cats definitely saw me coming! Lol That human likes kitties! She has food too! Lol
Your kitties are taking care of you! They all return our love and then some. When the kitties hunt for you, they are trying to help you as you have helped them. If they can hunt, they are acting as pest control if they catch rodents. Some don’t realize how we would be over run without the help of cats!
If you can’t find who to call about cat food, send me a PM. Purina dry and Friskies shreds are the foods I was giving the ferals. Fancy Feast too. A lot of companies will give you a sample of food if you think you might want to switch. A sample won’t go far in a colony but if you have a cat that needs special food, like an elderly cat, it’s a good way to find what you need before buying.
So you are catching the typo bug from me? Lol No worries! Typos can be funny. Just ask everyone who has had to tolerate mine! You have missed some real lulus! My keyboard jumps too but the truth is that Banjo is really the one posting here. ( That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! She really does take my phone and really does take selfies with the camera! She started doing that as a kitten.) when I first came to TCS I had never been on a website and I was always making typos AND I still get my replies tacked onto quotes. I think it has something to do with putting space between the quote and my reply. If I try multiple quotes it is always making my response look like the one about apple fritters. It happens to everyone at some point. As you explore the site you will see other quotes that appear to be , just a quote. If you click on expand, you’ll see the reply the person posted to the quote. Things like that are not a big issue so don’t worry about it. When you have been here longer, you’ll see me make lots of boo boos and you can join the laughter! I do!
Apple fritters huh? Yum! Fall is a good time for warm and spicy treats! Comfort food! !I just caught a typo I made or that spell check made! It said “Ape fritters!”:lol:🐒 Banjo may be trying to make a monkey out of me? I know what you mean about making your mouth water! I am going to post a photo of something that will truly make your mouth water if you eat one of these!

rubysmama rubysmama Thanks for the brownie tip! I can’t have beans either but maybe I can figure out a substitute! I’m sure going to try. I am not supposed to have gluten but in order to maintain my cravings, nutritional needs and weight, sometimes I just have to cheat eat! Lol I am not supposed to have anything with a hull, like beans, corn, grapes, seeds etc. but man cannot live by gluten free bread alone! Or cat ladies! I mind my restrictions most of the time and get vitamins in other ways but since I have improved over the years, I have been able to eat better. Lots of creamed things work well. Yay! Yummy! Once a year I go for a “forbidden” meal! Lol Maybe the next one will end with a brownie! :p Or two?
Coffee and kitty? I do that too. It’s a balancing act. I don’t know how you do it with a keyboard in your lap! I just have a kitty there and the phone in my hand. Much easier. I rarely get a chance to say that posting on the phone is easier. :flail:
Me too! I am still hoping for a forever home. The leads I have are still interested. Both require socialization first though and one requires neutering. It takes time but that means I get to love him for a little while. I had to keep him for a minimum of two weeks to search for the owner so we are really just getting started. The clock is now ticking though.

M maggiedemi A cinnamon colored sweater with jeans would be pretty! Tempting, I’m sure. I’m with you on the butter, bread and Cinnamon! Okay. I have all the ingredients but it will be on gluten free bread. I’m going to look for that Wide pan kind you suggested! Is there a brand name that you can suggest? I can only find a couple of brands near me but I can ask at one store if they will get it for me. Thanks!
Lol Oh no! Another lover boy in the house! I hope BJ will share the kisses! Right now Prints has five girls to win over. Maybe that will keep him busy. He is mostly running around playing and enjoying his extra space for now. He has to convince Wanda Heart to accept him but Callie has already given him a kiss. The other girls are still skeptical about having a boy around. He knows it too! He keeps running under the dresser because the others are too big to follow him there. Smart kitty!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 While I was typing I saw your post about Scamper come in. I have seen many ferals heal with broken limbs and far worse but they went on to live long lives and functioned quite well with human help. Of course it isn’t what we would choose for them but now we know that he survived. That’s very good news! You cannot trap but I know that you know what I am thinking. He may be healed and have to deal with that leg but his future may be better. Keep doing what you do. Prayers for Scamper and thank you for letting us know that he has returned. I have had him on my mind as I am working with all the others. Sending healing vibes, good thoughts, hope and prayers that his wrist will heal better than you dream and that he desires company. :vibes::redheartpump::rock:He knows where to put his trust.

M maggiedemi I took this picture today. From bakery to peppers! Oh! BTW it was a raccoon that tasted a pepper. I found the uneaten part of the pepper today! Poor fellow! I got him on the monitors when I put the camera in the greenhouse. The peppers are turning red!
741172A3-F9D7-4B53-B0BE-ECB160F7589E.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Need a smile? How about a good laugh? I really wanted a short nap. Everyone who follows this thread knows that BJ believes in hats. He gave me a nap hat today! Thank you BJ! If cats could talk, these are his words! If you are reading this in the morning, stop drinking coffee before looking or remove cats from the range of spewing coffee!

I , obviously, knew BJ was on my head. Until I looked at the photo, I did not know he had his butt on my head! Yes. I shampooed my hair immediately after viewing!

Just keeping your head warm mom!
F9645C9F-5909-4B59-AD25-6546965FC79D.jpeg

Why are you trying to sleep now?
04505AEF-94DD-42F9-AD37-716ED7999FE1.jpeg

Your eyes are closed!
00C79B55-03C7-4CEF-9779-6B1A688F7F05.jpeg

I know I saw you looking at me!

C883999F-8BB8-4B9F-8DD4-19A386856EBA.jpeg

I can tell by your breathing that you are awake.
884172FA-46CC-481F-8D90-4615FEA3CA79.jpeg

Hmmm. Taking pictures when you could be giving treats? I am not fooled by closed eyes!
888AEC5E-C976-44A7-B8E9-737CB628829F.jpeg

I know just what to do!

Love you Mom! Can you smell me?
06606102-FC57-4D4E-A1EF-F10275D1475A.jpeg

If I tickle your nose, you’ll open your eyes!

98E0508D-58FD-484B-AE22-FF0A50244875.jpeg

Give us a kiss mom.
8E9BD163-48F1-45FD-9B3F-30C6ADC4BEF0.jpeg

I will give you a kiss!

595141BD-8A4E-4A78-B527-75EC4FFB9983.jpeg

I can lick your eyes! ( note the squinted eyes as I try not to laugh!)

If you can’t catch my scent, I could give you the other end!
:oops: I’m up BJ!
C44B887B-894C-4AD6-97D0-77DBA5A96FEE.jpeg

Works every time! Glad you weren’t sleepy after all. Treats now?
74256213-64E6-4532-B740-FD310343D9D9.jpeg

I live to serve! :worship: But not until I get my shower and shampoo!
Thank you BJ! I’m not sleepy at all! Who needs an alarm clock when you have a cat? Danish and coffee anyone?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Just what kind of goodies do they have at the Denmark bakery? I am remembering my teenage days when I worked at a bakery. I loved decorating the cakes. I learned a lot! I did not love being there at 4 AM to help fry the doughnuts! Lol Eating them, much better. A warm glazed doughnut! There were the cake type of doughnut it’s too. Powdered sugar coating, chocolate too! I still remember the wonderful aromas in the bakery. After working there a year, I kind of had my fill of sweets for a little while but it didn’t last. We have Krispy Kreme doughnuts here and I do stop when I see their “ Warm Doughnuts” sign lit up! Luckily for me, I don’t drive by there very often!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you about Pippa! Her Mom knows about everyone here sending hope and it helped. It’s always scary when our kitties are sick. Having others care makes a difference.
Awww! You are so sweet! The cats definitely saw me coming! Lol That human likes kitties! She has food too! Lol
Your kitties are taking care of you! They all return our love and then some. When the kitties hunt for you, they are trying to help you as you have helped them. If they can hunt, they are acting as pest control if they catch rodents. Some don’t realize how we would be over run without the help of cats!
If you can’t find who to call about cat food, send me a PM. Purina dry and Friskies shreds are the foods I was giving the ferals. Fancy Feast too. A lot of companies will give you a sample of food if you think you might want to switch. A sample won’t go far in a colony but if you have a cat that needs special food, like an elderly cat, it’s a good way to find what you need before buying.
So you are catching the typo bug from me? Lol No worries! Typos can be funny. Just ask everyone who has had to tolerate mine! You have missed some real lulus! My keyboard jumps too but the truth is that Banjo is really the one posting here. ( That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! She really does take my phone and really does take selfies with the camera! She started doing that as a kitten.) when I first came to TCS I had never been on a website and I was always making typos AND I still get my replies tacked onto quotes. I think it has something to do with putting space between the quote and my reply. If I try multiple quotes it is always making my response look like the one about apple fritters. It happens to everyone at some point. As you explore the site you will see other quotes that appear to be , just a quote. If you click on expand, you’ll see the reply the person posted to the quote. Things like that are not a big issue so don’t worry about it. When you have been here longer, you’ll see me make lots of boo boos and you can join the laughter! I do!
Apple fritters huh? Yum! Fall is a good time for warm and spicy treats! Comfort food! !I just caught a typo I made or that spell check made! It said “Ape fritters!”:lol:🐒 Banjo may be trying to make a monkey out of me? I know what you mean about making your mouth water! I am going to post a photo of something that will truly make your mouth water if you eat one of these!

rubysmama rubysmama Thanks for the brownie tip! I can’t have beans either but maybe I can figure out a substitute! I’m sure going to try. I am not supposed to have gluten but in order to maintain my cravings, nutritional needs and weight, sometimes I just have to cheat eat! Lol I am not supposed to have anything with a hull, like beans, corn, grapes, seeds etc. but man cannot live by gluten free bread alone! Or cat ladies! I mind my restrictions most of the time and get vitamins in other ways but since I have improved over the years, I have been able to eat better. Lots of creamed things work well. Yay! Yummy! Once a year I go for a “forbidden” meal! Lol Maybe the next one will end with a brownie! :p Or two?
Coffee and kitty? I do that too. It’s a balancing act. I don’t know how you do it with a keyboard in your lap! I just have a kitty there and the phone in my hand. Much easier. I rarely get a chance to say that posting on the phone is easier. :flail:
Me too! I am still hoping for a forever home. The leads I have are still interested. Both require socialization first though and one requires neutering. It takes time but that means I get to love him for a little while. I had to keep him for a minimum of two weeks to search for the owner so we are really just getting started. The clock is now ticking though.

M maggiedemi A cinnamon colored sweater with jeans would be pretty! Tempting, I’m sure. I’m with you on the butter, bread and Cinnamon! Okay. I have all the ingredients but it will be on gluten free bread. I’m going to look for that Wide pan kind you suggested! Is there a brand name that you can suggest? I can only find a couple of brands near me but I can ask at one store if they will get it for me. Thanks!
Lol Oh no! Another lover boy in the house! I hope BJ will share the kisses! Right now Prints has five girls to win over. Maybe that will keep him busy. He is mostly running around playing and enjoying his extra space for now. He has to convince Wanda Heart to accept him but Callie has already given him a kiss. The other girls are still skeptical about having a boy around. He knows it too! He keeps running under the dresser because the others are too big to follow him there. Smart kitty!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 While I was typing I saw your post about Scamper come in. I have seen many ferals heal with broken limbs and far worse but they went on to live long lives and functioned quite well with human help. Of course it isn’t what we would choose for them but now we know that he survived. That’s very good news! You cannot trap but I know that you know what I am thinking. He may be healed and have to deal with that leg but his future may be better. Keep doing what you do. Prayers for Scamper and thank you for letting us know that he has returned. I have had him on my mind as I am working with all the others. Sending healing vibes, good thoughts, hope and prayers that his wrist will heal better than you dream and that he desires company. :vibes::redheartpump::rock:He knows where to put his trust.

M maggiedemi I took this picture today. From bakery to peppers! Oh! BTW it was a raccoon that tasted a pepper. I found the uneaten part of the pepper today! Poor fellow! I got him on the monitors when I put the camera in the greenhouse. The peppers are turning red! View attachment 353737
Haha! Ape fritters. Banjo is having fun on your phone.I one time some years back, step away from my computer and my big tabby sat on the keyboard and my computer was buzzing like crazy while lines and lines of jibberish being typed out. Thankfully, he didn't kill my keyboard, but he sure gave me a scare.
Well, I hope all is well with you. I can't wait for the mouth watering dessert pic you are about to post. I have a sweet tooth, so I pretty much love sweet pastries and dessert. Don't get me started on flavored. If I think too much about it, I just might make another Cup. Oh, sweet comforts of life! 🤤😊🙃

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the injured right hind foot is healing very nicely.
My brother hit my cat Mally with his car when we were young. We put him in a box, expecting him to die, but he kept licking his leg/foot and it healed. He lived to be 14 years old.

I’m going to look for that Wide pan kind you suggested! Is there a brand name that you can suggest?
The Aldi one is good, if you have an Aldi store.

1602116125941.png

Callie has already given him a kiss.
Man, she moves fast. :thumbsup:

The peppers are turning red!
Is that a cayenne? 🌶

I shampooed my hair immediately after viewing!
I'm a germaphobe, but oddly a cat butt wouldn't bother me, I can think of worse things. :lol:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
For lovely Pippa
View attachment 353728,

yay!! Oh my prayers for his front leg :(:sigh:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may have created a monster. Scamper has discovered the joys of EAR RUBS! And he is VERY demanding. Also, a new little kitten followed him to the dish early this morning. I almost wonder if he is bringing me abandoned kittens. Or at least, showing them where the food is. He's a cute little thing, white with a silver-dollar sized (NOT Susan B. Anthony, the big ones) tabby spot on his back, and a tabby cap over one ear! He looks quite a bit like Splash, one of year-before-lasts kittens from Dulcie. He has a row of those spots, and one ear. Perhaps I shall call this kitten "Splish," as in "Splish, splash, I was takin' a bath." He let me get a pet or two in, but is still skittish. We'll work on this.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don’t know how you do it with a keyboard in your lap! I just have a kitty there and the phone in my hand. Much easier. I rarely get a chance to say that posting on the phone is easier. :flail:
I wonder if Banjo sent the above quote to Ruby, because right now my keyboard is in it's proper spot, and my lap has a purring cat on it. :winkcat: Definitely a better setup, however, I do feel a bit of a strain in my shoulders as I'm lifting my arms up and over the orange furball to type. So this may not be purrfect either. :catman:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Just what kind of goodies do they have at the Denmark bakery? I am remembering my teenage days when I worked at a bakery. I loved decorating the cakes. I learned a lot! I did not love being there at 4 AM to help fry the doughnuts! Lol Eating them, much better. A warm glazed doughnut! There were the cake type of doughnut it’s too. Powdered sugar coating, chocolate too! I still remember the wonderful aromas in the bakery. After working there a year, I kind of had my fill of sweets for a little while but it didn’t last. We have Krispy Kreme doughnuts here and I do stop when I see their “ Warm Doughnuts” sign lit up! Luckily for me, I don’t drive by there very often!
Jcatbird Jcatbird , Well, here you go. I have to drive to it because I'm not right near it luckily because if I could walk I couldn't resist.
About

We have LaMar's donuts here and I tend to like them better than Krispy Kreme, which we had growing up in NE Ohio. I have a friend who worked at a bakery and yes she'd talk about the aromas!

I had to laugh at BJ's bedtime kitty-butt! Gracie does that! She wants to sleep by my face and I get the aromatic end. "Here, get to know me better! I don't let just anyone see this side of me!"

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if Banjo sent the above quote to Ruby, because right now my keyboard is in it's proper spot, and my lap has a purring cat on it. :winkcat: Definitely a better setup, however, I do feel a bit of a strain in my shoulders as I'm lifting my arms up and over the orange furball to type. So this may not be purrfect either. :catman:
Just imagine my situation, trying to type on my tablet, using a stylus for each letter, while Stretch or Miss Eleanor sit on my lap wanting their head rubbed so that I can't even see what I am trying to do.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My post is going to be fast! I have gotten NO signal for anything today and got cut off last night! Last night the whole neighborhood ended up outside. We all had our houses shake during a huge noise. We have no idea what caused it but the air is full of stinky smoke. :dunno: Do we have a headache emoji here? Blah. Maybe my signal will stay up. Even plain old phone calls were not working today.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Ahhh, the mouthwatering thing was actually a Pepper! :lol: Sorry about that! Some dessert! Lol I wonder if any dessert has peppers?!?!

M maggiedemi Aldi? There is one in a nearby town. I’ll try to get there. Thanks! That is a cayenne, I think. Beautiful peppers!
callie does move fast! I guess, as Top cat in the girls room, she gets the first kiss from a Prints.
pearl99 pearl99 I know! Glad he is back though.
Those bakery items are wonderful. The smells make me want one of everything! Lol
Ohhh! So BJ just wanted to make sure I caught his scent! Yeah. Lol This is one time I am glad I don’t have the nose of a cat! I prefer the kitty kisses but appreciate the offer! :running:Very kind of him.:cringe:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Scamper is a lover. He attracts the others like BJ did.Good that he is teaching them where they can find love and trust.

rubysmama rubysmama Very glad you have a lap cat instead of a lap board! Lol Building arm muscles? Lol Banjo!!!! Did you get on the internet and make the signals go out? Did you cause that big exploding sort of noise? Banjo?!!!!!!!
Hmmm. Where is she hiding now? I’ll go ask Froggie. Maybe Ruby knows something about all this? Lol

N NY cat man I know about cats getting interested. Using a stylus can’t be easy! Lol Maybe they could help?:lol: They probably think they ARE helping! You need snuggles to type properly? Or.... they want you to stop and use that stylus as a n ear scratcher instead.

Oh.... screen blinking. I only have one signal bar left! Ahhhhhh! This happened last night too. I feel like I’m fading! Lol

Quick smile!!!
How do you get kitty Prints off of your dresser?
Use a kitty toy...
74B91FF5-3607-4B5A-8D36-5DB7EA9478E5.jpeg

Lure the kitty away...
AD7AC555-A930-4BC3-B514-93E1C16F94AD.jpeg

capture the kitty...
E1209F39-ACED-4E02-8944-7185F1B4ACCA.jpeg

take them to a nice place....
E211AC58-B69A-405A-9870-D939F08199A6.jpeg

making sure to bring the toy....
944BF15A-73AB-4E0F-920B-1581815A348F.jpeg

and show them how nice it is to snuggle on the bed!
F55E4236-7520-4C3E-A034-5D22F92DC530.jpeg

Then you end it all with a kiss!
D0848F2B-3413-4575-841B-B691553850A4.jpeg

I’m hoping the signals return and become strong again. I am getting cut off mid post! Aaaarrrgh. Staying inside until the air clears. We’ll be back with more kitty kisses!

Status
Not open for further replies.