My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi No tattoos here. I like to draw but not on myself. The only marks I get is from Chowder members or typos. :lol:

A glaring seems appropriate for many!

The Welcome mat was totally saturated with rain and had become a pool. I have stepped on it thousands of times so this was a bit of a fluke. I was also wearing shoes with less traction. I’m going for a more water repellent mat this time. Lol

It was one of those days where I was being a Chowderhead. :lol:

Has everyone seen the new Taylor Swift video, “Me.”? Warning, the first picture is an animated snake but after that it’s a really neat looking video and the beginning with Taylor made me laugh. It includes her two cats. Her “daughters.” Also, look for the cat portraits in the background, a giant unicorn, a kitten, angel/ fairy wings and a mention of rainbows, jumping and drama.
The only reason I know about the song is because Froggie and Banjo were singing it to each other. :bicolorcat:🐸;) It has me wondering who wrote it and mapped out the video. :catman:

I would post it but since it started with a snake.... well... maybe with a giant...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

The snake does turn into butterflies but he strikes at the screen first.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am on early because I have a lullaby coming tonight and I am sure it will put me to sleep early. It worked quite well last night. This is what I think the kitties said.
Looks like all the froggies got together and released a video. 🐸

Holy heck, do you have a tattoo on your arm in that one pic? 🌹
I wondered that too, then figured out it must have been the tech at the vet office.

The snake does turn into butterflies but he strikes at the screen first.
Good thing you put the spoiler alert, because even without a snake phobia that was a bit intense! 🐍

Hope your sinuses are starting to feel better, along with any muscle aches from your mat stumble. 🤗

Though not sinuses, exactly, this made me laugh. :rolleyes:

1600000672883.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No tattoos here.
I guess it's the vet tech's arm? 🤔

I’m going for a more water repellent mat this time.
What did you do with the old mat? Use it for target practice? I would not let that mat have the last word! Welcome....really? :lol:

It has me wondering who wrote it and mapped out the video.
Taylor Swift writes all her own songs. Kim K called her a snake, so that is why she put the snake in the video. I guess the snake turning into a butterfly symbolizes she doesn't care what other people say about her, she knows she's one of a kind. ;)

I wondered that too, then figured out it must have been the tech at the vet office.
Good catch! I would have been wondering about that forever. The great tattoo mystery. :thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama :redheartpump: Love, love the frog video! It made me smile. Banjo and BJ are both on me! Banjo is in my lap and BJ watched from my shoulder. He put his paw on the screen during the song. Perhaps it makes him think of the place he was born! Over the Garden Wall! Precious, and I don’t mean the kitty. Lol
C083777B-67EC-4F38-9271-B8F45C1C6F78.jpeg

The cartoon was funny. If only I could turn on that faucet! Nothing running here but I wish it would. :lol:

I knew that video was a bit much with that snake but I liked the rest of it. Spoiler alerts are a good thing!
I got some darling millipede photos but no.... won’t be posting them. The little guy likes cat food though! He was a rescue. Lol

Thanks for figuring out where the tattoo belonged. I never noticed it on the tech but you are right. I guess my focus is always on the kitties when I am there. I just knew it wasn’t on me. Lol

M maggiedemi That’s interesting about why Taylor Swift added the snake. I kind of wondered why that was on there. I preferred the cute kitties and the unicorn. Maybe she would rather be seen as a butterfly? ;)

Oddly, the welcome mat was butterflies! Lol It’s I’m the trash! I don’t want anyone to slip on that again! I didn’t use it for target practice but I think it targeted me! I got a rubber and heavily textured one today! Not as pretty but safe!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one burning eye today! Lol I went to Urgent Care but, they had moved! I wasn’t the only one who didn’t know. I called them and just as I got them another lady drove up looking for care for her son. We got directions to the new office and caravaned there together. Good thing too. It took both of us to find the office. When we didn’t find it right away, we teamed up. She went in one way and I went the other. We met in the middle and got lucky. :lol: We arrived about five minutes before closing but we got seen. I was given some great eyes drops for allergies. Everything seems to be on track, I just need time for the meds my regular doc gave me to work. The eye drops are a relief though. Very soothing. Plain old Visine for allergies! Lol Wish I had thought of that! Also told that I can go to my eye doctor if my eye keeps bothering me. :rolleyes: Ummm, never would have thought of that. :lol: However, when I bought the eye drops, I saw the rubber door mat and got it too! Meant to be?

Today was release Wanda Heart day!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! :woo::bunnydance::banana2::jive:
Out of her bathroom confinement after the Spay! I think I was more excited about it than she was. Poor baby has been through so much. First being scared by having company and then the Spay. I think she may have developed a fear of eye glasses now. The company we had wore glasses and after her Spay, I kept wearing mine to check her incision. I noticed that each time I pulled out my glasses she got nervous and hid. She never used to see me wearing them before the Spay so I didn’t know she was scared of them. I know now though and I will be giving her a pair to keep in the room so she can investigate them on her own and learn that they are not a threat. I am wondering if she was scared of them before we had company too. We just never know what our little rescues may have experienced before we found them. I am always learning more about these kitties. Hopefully she will overcome this fear. She isn’t too thrilled about everything that has happened so we need extra Wanda Heart time. All the cats had their own thoughts about Wanda Heart coming back out.

She’s finally getting out? Poor kid!
9E601F0E-DC02-4F0A-AD56-BA058EAEB6DF.jpeg

I’m going to share my treats with her.
7AF53A6F-B857-441C-B5FE-1ABA28265066.jpeg

I forgot how big the other kitties are!
1E957B78-37C6-4485-804F-4C464DC8FC9B.jpeg

Maybe I should just sit behind this trunk for awhile?
DD15A637-88A1-4ED5-B3A8-AE613E90CBF7.jpeg

Come on out Wanda Heart. We’re the welcoming committee!
19C2694B-EB60-4B03-8BC6-4BCB666D8443.jpeg

You are? Okay.
44EFF4DC-E7A3-41D0-888F-797ACE592176.jpeg

I can sit with you and you won’t mind?
18629D5D-8291-45C9-A4DE-7B6B5833D275.jpeg

I think they saved my place! I really missed the big girls mom!
B40FDFED-FD2C-46DC-B6B8-87BC7B5961CA.jpeg

It’s always comforting to have furmily waiting to greet you after you have had some rough days. Wanda Heart was missed! No hissing or hesitation by any of the big girls. Of course they had all visited her tgrpuvhbthe bottom of the door but this is much better!
I spent a long time tonight sitting on the floor and playing with Wanda Heart and the other girls. Finally! Wanda Heart can play with more of the toys again! She missed her ginger wand toy. I dragged it around for everyone to pounce on. Afterwards Wanda Heart picked it up like it was prey and took it to her favorite spot. Things are going back to normal? Again? Lol I certainly have missed playing with Wanda Heart the way she likes to play. Nothing brings joy like giving joy. I saw a smile again! :winkcat:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear that Wanda Heart is back with the other girls, and out of solitary. She has had a rough enough time as it is, and doesn't need any more grief in her life. As Mr. Spock would say:"Live long and prosper"- yeah, I watched the old Star Trek back in the day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she would rather be seen as a butterfly? ;)
Yes, just because others see us one way, that doesn't make it true. We could very well be a butterfly in disguise. ;)

I have one burning eye today! Lol I went to Urgent Care
Hope you feel better! I'm so sick, I caught a cold taking my walk today with no coat on. I'm sneezing & coughing all over the place, and I have to go to town tomorrow. Everybody will give me the side-eye and think I have Corona! 😷

I will be giving her a pair to keep in the room so she can investigate them on her own and learn that they are not a threat
Hmmm. Any ideas on how to help Demi get over his fear of Amish horses? Possibly get him a stuffed horse? 🤔🐎

It’s always comforting to have furmily waiting to greet you after you have had some rough days.
Comfort= cats, friends, and our favorite treats. 🐈:hugs:☕

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Awww! A kitten wink. Thank you!
That’s a site for sore eyes! ;)
Wanda Heart seems to be doing well!

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! I think this is more of the same thing. Because of my eye problems it just hit there a little harder.
Wanda Heart really celebrated last night. We all did! It’s great to see her free at last!

pearl99 pearl99 Thank you! I agree. Enough. Time to bounce back! Lol:jump:
Wanda Heart is such a sweet girl. It’s nice that she is over that now!

N NY cat man Thank you. Wanda Heart deserves happy times! It was good to see the other girls welcoming her back. Playtime last night was wonderful. Everyone joined in!
I watched all the old Star Trek shows back then too! I thought Spock was so cool! Do you remember the episode, “The Trouble with Tribbles”? I loved that one.

M maggiedemi Oh no! You are sick too? Care to join me for a nice glass or orange juice? I hope you shake that cold quickly! :alright: Just keep your distance from people when you are out. Can you wrap up good while out? Maybe it’s just allergies like me? My doctor suggested that I stay indoors right now because the smoke from the wildfires out west has reached many places. Including where you and I live! Here is a link about it.

Smoke From California Wildfires Is Reaching the East Coast. Here's What That Means for the Air Near You

As for teaching Demi to be brave around horses.... not sure. A toy horse might help. Horses must seem like real giants to a cat. Then again, it’s all about making friends.
Seeing the gentle spirit of a butterfly inside of all creatures ? ;)

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is another hurricane coming. To all of our friends and kitties in the whole southeastern quadrant of the country, we send hope that the rest of this week is kind and gentle for you. Prepare and be safe as Sally comes in. I hope to maintain a signal here but expect some interruptions if this storm causes large evacuations. The rain is expected to be quite heavy and slow to move out. May all the kitties gather together to blow the rain over the fires instead of it pooling in one place. Our friends out west need the rain. Sending hope for them too.

M maggiedemi Lady wanted me to let you know that she is ready to be your nurse if needed! She said that if you draw whiskers and a funny little cat face on your mask, everyone will smile!
8296DE34-3EB2-4A01-AEE0-A3409A2C5662.jpeg

tabbytom tabbytom Whistle sends a wink back to you!
CAC3B615-386B-4048-B786-7CEE51B4E3D8.jpeg

Wanda Heart was playing with a sock tonight! What about your toys Wanda Heart?

I read the cat expressions in the room.

I’m having problems since I was put in the other room! The big cats are making me wait in line for the good toys!
E283BF52-55E9-41CD-B0BD-400925E19159.jpeg

What’s going on Liberty?!
1E65DB71-49EE-495B-9E18-D90D39C6351F.jpeg

Are you girls letting Wanda Heart play?
EF51B9BE-5120-4263-9321-E01C71ADF7BE.jpeg

Callie?
I wasn’t monopolizing the toys!
8D2C4049-FAA4-4D16-88C6-221AB04BC09C.jpeg

I was just in here to do my yoga!
09722F10-36E7-42F9-B6F6-F329C92B8512.jpeg

I guess that after Wanda Heart taught them how to play, they couldn’t stop. :happycat: Maybe they were making sure the toys stayed in good working condition until Wanda Heart returned? Fortunately I had some new toys tucked away for emergencies like this.;) The sock is back in the drawer and all is well with the girls. Lol

I went to stock up on a few storm supplies, just in case the rain has us stuck here awhile. The sky and sun were beautiful. The clouds are rolling in but they looked like artwork. Natures handiwork. Anyone see pictures in the sky?
2705ABDC-3B9C-4AD1-B04C-46A5DCEFB660.jpeg

The sun looks huge and....
95912BDC-92E6-4A27-828E-8607FB64A134.jpeg

The camera caught some sort of reflection that looks like a tiny sun too.
833E8628-EEE2-470E-868A-148C8319607F.jpeg

Sending purrs out to everyone as Sally comes in. :purr::redheartpump: May everyone just have beautiful skies coming their way.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I see a poodle, and an owl holding up a sign that I can't quite read. What could the owl sign be saying...all kitties watch out for your hoomans in the storm? Frogs take cover?
And to the left looks like a creature I remember from The Outer Limits TV show in the 1960's.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I watched all the old Star Trek shows back then too! I thought Spock was so cool! Do you remember the episode, “The Trouble with Tribbles”? I loved that one.
I loved that one too.

But my favourite was "Min" with the kids, probably because *I* was a kid when I watched it.

I see a poodle, and an owl holding up a sign that I can't quite read.
I don't see the owl, but totally see the poodle. 🐩

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had already graduated from high school and was out on my own when it came out. I liked the 'Tribbles' episode, as well as 'Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth'. There was another, the title of which escapes me. It was about 2 races, both half black and half white. One was black on the left side, while the other was black on the right side, and they hated each other because of it. I believe that Frank Gorshin was in it, but I could be mistaken.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
as well as 'Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth'.
Can only find animated version of this one. But you were right about the below episode and the guest star. Good memory. :)

There was another, the title of which escapes me. It was about 2 races, both half black and half white. One was black on the left side, while the other was black on the right side, and they hated each other because of it. I believe that Frank Gorshin was in it, but I could be mistaken.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched all the old Star Trek shows back then too!
Blech! My brothers were obsessed with all those Star Trek shows, but I thought they were so boring! 😝

Maybe it’s just allergies like me?
Not allergies, this was 100% caused by me not dressing warm enough. Lesson learned. I never felt so sick in my life. I was so cold, but then woke up covered in sweat. I'm still only feeling 50% better. Got my errands done though! 🤧

Lady wanted me to let you know that she is ready to be your nurse if needed!
Yes! Please send Lady over immediately. I need her. 😍

May everyone just have beautiful skies coming their way.
Yes please send those over too, when you send Lady! ☀

I see a poodle
Me too. A curly haired puppy cloud. 🐩

Status
Not open for further replies.