My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I cannot believe those who protest and say it's a "hoax" and a "lie" and flout the orders designed to keep us safe. I'm just beyond furious at them for risking everyone's life like that.
A *doctor* here in Canada went to a neighbouring province, and didn't self isolate for 14 days when they returned, saw patients for 2 weeks, and has now been confirmed to have Covid19. So far a toddler and a 90 year old related to them has it. But who knows how many others are just not showing symptoms yet. Because of one person's irresponsibility, the virus has been re-introduced to an area that was clear, plus all the businesses in that area which had just reopened last Friday are closed again

Cats are so smart! Thank you all for your support and the smiles.
And thank you for the daily smiles, and letting us get to know all your super smart kitties. :catlove:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet those would be really soft and M maggiedemi M maggiedemi would have that rainbow she likes!
No way, I want the whole live rainbow kitty! Or all 4 of them. Lady, Muffin, Calley, Mama...Did I miss any? 🌈

Bonjure showed me how to relax all my muscles....
That is one relaxed kitty. That will be me when/if I finally get my own place. :crossfingers:

Banjo thinks it’s good to reach out to friends.
Awww, Banjo is such a good friend. I wonder who she learned that from? ;)

Always stand behind you when you need them.
Yes, they stand behind you, put you on their shoulders, haul you up with a crane, whatever is needed. :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Many thanks for the levity and the on-point observations. If we could just put a wall around THEM! and let them do their thing happily and mindlessly. *Of course, I've felt that way about most of the population of this crazy nation for most of my life!*
Jcatbird Jcatbird If you're interested, newegg.com frequently offers refurbished dysons for sale. They're still expensive, but if you want a vacuum you can truly pick up with one hand, and it works (IDK for how long -- a friend said hers stopped having suction and that she didn't like it. She had the "Animal" model, and a bunch of giant Schnauzer dogs. Do the math.), you might want to look into it. I think they still have warranty but I'm not sure.
Those sweet, sweet cats! We couldn't get through the day-to-day without their love, loyalty, sweetness, affection, silliness, beauty, grace...could we?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird - I have been happy with my Dyson, though I don't use it as often as I should. I like that you pre-charge it so you don't have to deal woth cords and it being plugged in while actually vacuuming, and mine has a couple different attachments so I can use it tall, or more like a dustbuster/hand vacuum/whatever the proper name is.

I wish it was possible for everyone to completely quarantine for a couple of weeks. I've still had to make necessary runs to the store, and I've started doing some outdoor socially distant picnics and such with the in-laws 6 feet apart. I feel guilty for not doing more, but then I know someone who disinfects everything at home every day and handwashes if she touches her face even though no one else has been in her home, so I'm trying to find the balance between cautious and overly paranoid.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My work-from-home Supervisor taking a much needed break
Awww... precious. :catlove:
Today is National Work From Home Day, so I posted some applicable memes here: post funny picture and memes here

but then I know someone who disinfects everything at home every day and handwashes if she touches her face even though no one else has been in her home, so I'm trying to find the balance between cautious and overly paranoid.
Hand washes "after" she touches her face though is like kinda like closing the barn door after the horses have left, isn't it. :headscratch: But trying not to touch your face, even when you know your house is covid free, is probably a good habit to get into.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird - I have been happy with my Dyson, though I don't use it as often as I should. I like that you pre-charge it so you don't have to deal woth cords and it being plugged in while actually vacuuming, and mine has a couple different attachments so I can use it tall, or more like a dustbuster/hand vacuum/whatever the proper name is.

I wish it was possible for everyone to completely quarantine for a couple of weeks. I've still had to make necessary runs to the store, and I've started doing some outdoor socially distant picnics and such with the in-laws 6 feet apart. I feel guilty for not doing more, but then I know someone who disinfects everything at home every day and handwashes if she touches her face even though no one else has been in her home, so I'm trying to find the balance between cautious and overly paranoid.
My roomies and I quarantined for 2 weeks. It wasn't difficult at all. I used to buy groceries by the month, and I now buy them bi-weekly so it's no problem for me at all. For me, it's the hand-washing for min. 20 seconds after going out, touching shipments and mail, scooping litterboxes and bathroom time, masking up when going out, and social distancing. I do my socializing online, except with my roomies, so it's no different now than at other times. VERY possible for people to do these things. Especially when it really sinks in that they are risking others' lives by not doing so.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eh, if you can do it that's great, but it's not possible for everyone. Some people can't afford two weeks worth of groceries. Some people have to work, like those that are doing grocery delivery. We could probably quarantine completely if push came to shove, but I literally just got back from Lowes buying new smoke detectors because the one that came with the house started going completely on the fritz. Maybe we could have ordered some online and just trusted we wouldn't need them the next few days, but we felt better knowing we would have working ones in our house now.

I've definitely done some things that others would not agree with me doing during this time, and I could be more careful, but I wash my hands and wear a mask and try not to do too much unnecessary, but am I leaving the house more than once every two weeks? For sure. And I think that where people are able to cut back in their going out habits, they should. Illinois has actually met the five federal guidelines to start reopening, so I don't think we're doing too bad overall!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
If only we could just put the covidiots into suspended animation for a few weeks.
Hibernation could be good right now.
f we could just put a wall around THEM! and let them do their thing happily and mindlessly. *Of course, I've felt that way about most of the population of this crazy nation for most of my life!*
I wish it was possible for everyone to completely quarantine for a couple of weeks.
If only..........................

If we could..................

If it was possible.................

If only people are responsible.................................you know, we have people here sneak out during quarantine period to have dinner and some break quarantine period by an hour. Of course, they were caught, fined and jailed. Our laws are tough here but still, people break them.

Having a law in some countries but do not execute it and let the people do what they want freely and ignoring the dangers, things will be out of hand. Lives will be compromised.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, this reminded me of one incident in one of the local cat forum I read from. This guy had his Robo Vacuum working while he was out one day and his cat had diarrhea and the Robo vacuum dragged it all over the house :eek::jawdrop::shocked::runaround: He fainted when he got home:thud:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama A doctor? That is hard to understand. Was he just visiting or practicing his profession? I know doctors are often the first to be exposed but didn’t he have access to testing or ????? Something?

I will be going to check out the memes! I love that thread. Lots of smiles around there!

M maggiedemi You got all the rainbows! Lol So you want a cat blanket that purrs? :lol: I wonder if they make cat blankets that vibrate like a purr? Probably ,but they can’t lick your face!

Bonjure says to tell you to try his pose at least once a day because practice makes purrfect!

Banjo is a good teacher herself. ;)

I agree about lifting each other up. A crane!!! :lol: Will do!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I know what you mean about wanting to contain many humans. :idea: If I were Tinkerbell, I would turn them all into cats and they would instantly be lovable. ;) Spayed and neutered, of course.lol

Thank goodness for kitties.
I will look at the Dyson. I do wonder if the cat levels here might kill it though. :dunno: Hard to know.

Furballsmom Furballsmom I remember that thread too. It was both sweet and funny. A lot of interesting comments about cat scents. Lol As much as I love Flowers, she doesn’t smell like a gardenia. She has a lovely kitten aroma. As she should. Smokey recently picked up the scent of marmalade. :lol: Shortly after, she smelled like a bath!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I love that your supervisor allows break time! The paws!!! Lol Obviously someone has been working very hard.

Lari Lari I love the idea of a cordless vacuum and of having the dust buster advantage! I hate trying to get the cord around furniture. Lol
I have had to go out at times too. I wear a mask, gloves and stay away from others. The people I worry about are the ones who take no precautions at all. They seem to be completely unconcerned and I have been crowded by others to the point of leaving a store. When I had to go get my mail the other day, I saw the store next to the post office had a gathering of young people outside. They were listening to music, dancing on the sidewalk and blocking the entrance. None had a mask. I would like to have gone in to try and find some milk but didn’t even try. Our state is opening more and more and nothing is done when people violate common sense. Many of us have to go out. I order as much as I can online but many things are not available and it’s a matter of survival for me. I also know a lady who is working in the store where I am buying food. I am so very grateful that she is working. I need her out there! I stay home 99% of the time but I am grateful for those who are working. My issue is with those who, either don’t care or actively try to infect. Blatant disregard for others. We cat people would never act that way. ;)

tabbytom tabbytom O remember something an older friend liked to say when things weren’t going as they should. “If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.” If only.......but......

I don’t know if anyone else has seen the thousand crowd in Deland, Florida. Relaxing the rules has left some feeling it is now okay to go back to previous behaviors. Police were making arrests but none for violating safe distancing. The Sherriff could only arrest those violating law, not health code violations. The beaches along the coast were filled with people this past weekend. Tickets were being handed out for littering and other minor things but .....

I actually had the mother of a young friend invite me to go to the beach with her. She is near my age and has health issues. Not only did I decline the offer but I pleaded with her to stay home too. I don’t know yet if she went out. I hope not. She felt that officials would not be allowing the beaches to reopen if it is unsafe. I tried to explain to her that part of the reopening is because of a crashing economy, part is political pressure and part is social pressure. There are many reasons given for reopening but the risk is still present and many won’t even follow the safe distancing rules. As long as people return to the way things were, many are at high risk. I will continue to stay home as much as possible.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I remember that Roomba post! It was hilarious! I would try getting away with just saying I cleaned but.... no one would believe me. :flail:If I opened the door the guests would be greeted by a giant ball of fur dust bunny! It doesn’t have any natural Predators either!
No worries about Banjo eating Tinkerbell. She thinks of herself as a kindred spirit. She might try to follow her by flying! :lol: I hid the bunny ears, just to be safe.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, this reminded me of one incident in one of the local cat forum I read from. This guy had his Robo Vacuum working while he was out one day and his cat had diarrhea and the Robo vacuum dragged it all over the house :eek::jawdrop::shocked::runaround: He fainted when he got home:thud:
I can see his future. Used Robo for sale!
:flail:Noooooooo! Don’t ever buy a used Robo! Never huff a used Robo either!
They may not have natural predators but that one may have expired shortly after.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
actually had the mother of a young friend invite me to go to the beach with her. She is near my age and has health issues. Not only did I decline the offer but I pleaded with her to stay home too. I don’t know yet if she went out. I hope not. She felt that officials would not be allowing the beaches to reopen if it is unsafe.
Glad that you declined. better stay safe than sorry. (See my avatar?)
I can see his future. Used Robo for sale!
:flail:Noooooooo! Don’t ever buy a used Robo! Never huff a used Robo either!
They may not have natural predators but that one may have expired shortly after.
Yea, sometimes you never what adventure this things went through before.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can always tell when the ferals are up to something.

As I always say, “follow the eye of the cat.”
5B0D3BC9-FDEE-4D08-B3EA-F2230EC4B4C1.jpeg

Dear Mitsy! You always tell me if something is wrong.
5E3C56B0-F4C2-422B-8C82-F90A9825B513.jpeg

Oh dear! The duck is floating face down in the water dish!
2B46D102-3B20-4097-B30E-C5A13547F14F.jpeg

I think he survived. Lol
1F0D24D3-646B-432D-8406-1F5D83457663.jpeg

I think I hear cat laughter.
021B094F-9313-4F98-9747-BC1BA3C53FD5.jpeg

I should have guessed. The others are all in the cat room. I love it when Banjo smiles but I can’t resist this opportunity.
02574FF3-F113-4C3A-92E0-3CE1CD2A3E25.jpeg

You’re so funny Banjo. Did the duck need a bath? Or maybe you are trying to tell me that you need one?
E0EA2237-8DB6-4644-BA55-28B7FE0A9973.jpeg

Huh?!?!?
E33A7B33-8DC1-4F5D-96FB-750747B26A7C.jpeg

And you claim to understand Cat speak!
EE559CC6-5901-46EC-9D45-345A57ACCC0E.jpeg

:flail:

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I do see your avatar! I love it and it should be something everyone sees and understands. I hope that other lady stayed home too. I did my best to convince her.
Can you enlarge the avatar to post here? If you don’t mind, I would like to send a link to it to others.
Also, we have a member who experienced the virus. It is not a hoax or lie. It is a terrible thing to experience. I posted a while back about an older friend who died. She was a nature lover and defender of all animal life. The virus took her. The loss is huge. I take this very seriously and do not wish to lose anyone else. I also want to be here to be a servant to my kitties for a very, very long time.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Can you enlarge the avatar to post here? If you don’t mind, I would like to send a link to it to others
Sure! Our government is doing their best for us. That's why we have this #SGUnited and they want every resident safe! (btw, SG stands for Singapore in short)
stayhomeforSG-cat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.