My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You are right. Many do not understand if they can’t see the pain or injury. I am using a hand trolley already. I am moving things more slowly and have put a step stool in the kitchen. I am not tall so going to the store is always a challenge if things are on a high shelf. Having to buy cat food in large cases lately along with large boxes of litter and ..... everything in more quantity than usual so I can stay out of the stores has been part of the strain. The helper I had quit when the virus hit here. I am hoping she will return or one of her family members will come to help. I live in a place where it is always hard to find help. Actually we older people out here help each other the most. We understand each other’s struggles. I do ignore those who don’t understand. I learned long ago to do what I must in order to take care of myself and the kitties. I can’t do anything for the kitties if I don’t take care of myself so that is the thing that I keep in mind. They need their human to keep moving. Having them is good inspiration for being careful. Thank you for being so kind and understanding. I won’t even try to be a hero. Slow and steady will get us to our goal. That and kitty purrs. ;)
Sometimes it's hard to get help. If you can't do it, don't. Do bit by bit. Else just rearrange the storing so that when new stocks come, it goes straight in rather than heave them elsewhere.

I have a friend whose mum have the same pain and injuries like mine and one day she was explaining to a friend how she feels and I look at the friend's face, she looked puzzled as she was trying to figure out what my friend's mum was telling her. She just cannot comprehend it. I totally understood what my friend's mum was going through because it's what I'm experiencing too.

So, please do take care and don't over exert else no one will be able to look after the kitties like the way you do.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You didn’t like the Ferris wheel? Did they stop it with you at the top?
Yes, it stopped at the top and rocked back and forth. :eek2:

Did you ever ride a roller coaster?
Yes, roller coasters aren't quite as bad, but I'm not sure I would go on rides anymore. I'm more into shows, animals, food. 🎤🦙🍕

Ewwww! Maggie or Demi?
Maggie was the barfer in the litterbox. Demi wouldn't think of something like that. :confused:

Banjo is very protective of her Prince. I don’t know if she’s afraid Kodiak might play a bit rough or would steal a kiss.
I can relate. We don't want anybody hurting our prince or stealing him. ;)

Slow and steady will get us to our goal. That and kitty purrs.
I hope so! :crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Boy, these last few pages really reminded me that you have to be tough to get old! It "ain't" for sissies! I used to bounce out of bed and hit the ground running. Now I sit there for half an hour taking inventory to make sure nothing fell off during the night! I've become a Rice Krispey! EVERYTHING goes "SNAP, CRACKLE, and POP!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I seem to be the one my friends call for sympathy these days just because they know that I understand pain. I do sympathize. It’s a hard thing to ignore. I do try to ignore the pain without aggravating it. We have to figure out just how much we can do without causing problems. I can’t do much right now. Even driving makes me twist around to check behind me. I felt it pretty strongly just going to the post office today. I am strongly wishing they delivered the mail. Lol I did plan ahead though. I sat in my car and made out my bills so I could send them right back out instead of having to return to the post office another time. As you know, every little bit helps. My doctor offered me pain medicine but I declined it. I worry that I need to be careful to stay alert and this would have made me loopy. I hope I don’t regret turning it down. You are right. The kitties like things done a certain way and no one else knows just the way I do for them. Each day is filled with the little things they want or need. I would be frantic if I could not always be able bodied for them. Thank you. I will be very careful.

M maggiedemi I kind of had an idea you got caught at the top. It’s my favorite view but it’s not for everyone. But.... you like roller coasters? Those usually scare more people. Lol I still like Rides. I guess I had to keep enjoying them for Sarah. She could not ride without me so I always went too. She liked them all but I think the carousel was her favorite. More for the music than the ride. Lol

I think Banjo will be protecting Froggie for life and he is watching over us too. It’s such a sweet romance.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I don’t mind the crack and pop as long as nothing needs oiling up, recharging or new parts. :lol: It’s harder to get parts for older models.
I certainly hope nothing falls off! :eek2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are taking it slow around here. My neighbor is going to return a fan I purchased for me. It has a wobbly fan blade but I just opened the box! I am grateful I won’t have to take it back. Less driving. I did try to get some hair balls swept up today. I have a dustpan with a long handle so I don’t have to bend over. Still, I went slowly and could not do much. I only did one bathroom and the girls room. I have a long way to go! Maybe I’ll finish before the hairballs start growing.

The kitties were not interested in participating. Lol
5601A943-3A09-476D-9BF7-11641D89FCEA.jpeg

Awww Alley! Won’t you help?
2847FC59-78FE-406F-AB24-564F24F2A8BB.jpeg

How about you two?
76A0409E-5B4D-465A-8339-30B80F37C65B.jpeg

Liberty and Calley went for the high ground! Lol
34CF5752-12BE-4EED-8957-81298ACF9CFE.jpeg

When I finished they did come down to inspect.
713E2116-C95D-4FF4-A941-730CC5F64048.jpeg

I failed! A dust bunny climbed into the dry food.
6882840C-A3E1-44C4-89ED-C6C67CA0EBA8.jpeg

Alley was critical of my work.
398ED724-1D2B-4705-B5A4-4B9E1FFAA469.jpeg

I had to Correct the problem.
A61D982D-73FB-484A-AF1E-EAD33CED6955.jpeg

I was hiding in the curtains with Wanda Heart. Can I tell her to come out now?
47D08B15-2D4A-4C6C-985A-BC1C3F2A461D.jpeg

Is it over Tortie?
31757B73-3D61-435D-9CBA-A8C00D1C720A.jpeg

So that’s where Wanda Heart was hiding!
40C5CB06-0B75-4C5A-BF1F-AD4099BD7D8F.jpeg

Yes. Pay no attention to the cat behind the curtain!
2F0B325F-D6ED-4939-8437-EDC1F5248C28.jpeg

Is it safe to come out now? I don’t want to get caught by a dust bunny.,
024B453F-76DC-48AD-A85F-F10D8E61E164.jpeg

As I was putting the broom up, I spied another pair of eyes! It looks like Banjo has been amusing herself by pulling things out of the cabinet. I may have found where she hides her credit card!

Nothing to see here mom. Just innocently playin in the dark by myself! :flail:
6AC281D5-B590-4905-9C68-CF6B771D629C.jpeg

Lol Kitties!

Have a great night everyone! Would anyone be interested in adopting a large dust bunny! :flail::heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Thanks for trading and for a very good question! The boys are quite large compared to the others and they tend to play harder. I do allow interaction between the groups but I monitor them. Jeremiah is fine. Cheetah is hesitant and nervous to join in but Sherbi is the dominant one. Sherrie gets a little bossy and sometimes I hear a growl. It’s really just me being overly cautious. I think the would be okay but they do like having their own space so I give them a cat cave. Lol They are climbers and if I had them in the living room, no tell where they would end up. They like to climb that posts on the canopy bed. They used to use the canopy as a hammock and toy. They pretty well shredded it so I took it down. They are very active and just do better in a very large space. They are reslal sweethearts though. All love attention, including giving me major head butts! Lol

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My doctor offered me pain medicine but I declined it. I worry that I need to be careful to stay alert and this would have made me loopy. I hope I don’t regret turning it down.
I do have pain killer med. I take them when the pain is unbearable or when I go do my cycling if I need to. It does not have side effects.
I did try to get some hair balls swept up today. I have a dustpan with a long handle so I don’t have to bend over.
I use a static dry mop for the house with disposable cleaning cloth. It picks up dust and hair pretty well. This is very light and does not hurt the wrist and it goes low under furnitures and it's not tiring to use.
This one is by Japanese firm Kao and it's called Magic Clean. I had the one by Scoth-Brite which I don't like because it's so heavy. My writ hurts after doing the house.
IMG_9202.JPG

Sometimes I just let the Robo vacuum cleaner do it's round but that will leave my boy a little wearied. He does not hop on for a ride but watch from a distance. The vacuum cleaner is too loud for him and he doesn't like loud noise.
I used this sweeper for spilled litter and it does pick up hair and other debris too. And I just pull the trap door to release all the rubbish.
IMG_9097.JPG

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You really have to be careful of pain meds. Michele had to have surgery to remove a ganglion cyst, and they gave her Valium as a post-op. She lost a week- simply no memory of anything that happened. I told her that I was going to tie a string around her ankle to keep her from floating away.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I still like Rides. I guess I had to keep enjoying them for Sarah.
There's one ride called the Pirate Ship that is even worse. It rocks back & forth so high that I felt like I was going to fly out. :eek2:

I think Banjo will be protecting Froggie for life and he is watching over us too.
Yes protecting & watching over is nice. A little romance makes it even better though. ;)

I have a dustpan with a long handle so I don’t have to bend over.
There is a litter scoop with a long handle, so you don't have to bend over. I want to get one and try it out. 👍

Calley went for the high ground
I'll take that rainbow kitty for my own. 😍🌈

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"No pain, no gain"? HAH! Pain is nature's was of saying "DON'T DO THAT! TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH!" ALWAYS listen to Mother Nature! I avoid pain at all costs, mostly because there are so few pain meds that I can tolerate. I cannot tolerate any opioid, natural or synthetic. I cannot tolerate Demerol. 2 mg of Valium puts me out for 12-18 hours. Ketoprophin was GREAT, but is now only available with prescription. SO...Tylenol it is. Can't take Aleve, it interacts with one of my other meds. That said, I have taken both Demerol and morphine, but only in-hospital when they could get anti-nausea meds on board before giving them.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"No pain, no gain"? HAH! Pain is nature's was of saying "DON'T DO THAT! TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH!" ALWAYS listen to Mother Nature! I avoid pain at all costs, mostly because there are so few pain meds that I can tolerate. I cannot tolerate any opioid, natural or synthetic. I cannot tolerate Demerol. 2 mg of Valium puts me out for 12-18 hours. Ketoprophin was GREAT, but is now only available with prescription. SO...Tylenol it is. Can't take Aleve, it interacts with one of my other meds. That said, I have taken both Demerol and morphine, but only in-hospital when they could get anti-nausea meds on board before giving them.
After my back surgery, I had demerol prescribed, but never asked for it. The only med I took was Darvocet N100, and little of that. On the other hand, when they tried to get me out of bed the morning after, it hurt so bad that in clenching my jaw, I split a tooth and never realized it- until it got abcessed 2 weeks later, that is.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m laughing! All good points. I don’t have anyone to tie a string on me to keep me from floating away @NY cat manaybe Froggie could hold me down by sticking his tongue to my foot as I passed by but I might end up adding a flying frog to that trip. Lol Picture that? Lol

I don’t care to hug the ceramic throne either Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I don’t do well on heavy meds.

I also don’t want to spend the night sitting on the throne tabbytom tabbytom Lol Pain on top of pain? I prefer to pass. :lol: I do like the idea of using those cleaning tools! I don’t have a Robo vacuum. I think the amount of fur dust bunnies here would choke it to death. Can a Robo vac cough up hairballs?;) I also think that Banjo might use it for some unintended purpose. Maybe catching bugs for Froggie? I can just see it now, Froggie at ten pounds! The cat photo is hilarious! Poor kitty!

I have had pain meds after my back surgery but after two days on them I asked to stop. They gave me a muscle relaxer instead and that was much better. Still made me drunk though so I quit those too. Then they gave me Motrin which make me sleepy. Nothing bad but when I had stomach trouble I was told not to take that anymore. Sleeve does not seem to help me at all. I can’t take aspirin either. I will take a Tylenol if it gets bad. The shot they gave me was an anti inflammatory so , non narcotic. I’m not sure how much it helped but has worked in the past for my back. It’s about the only thing they can give me that doesn’t have to go into my stomach. They offered Trammadol but that is not something I was wanted. If it got unbearable, I suppose they would give me muscle relaxers again but I am hoping for less invasive solutions. I am supposed to ice the area and then later use heat. Alternating back and forth. Paws crossed that it works!

M maggiedemi I am not familiar with the Pirate Ship ride but it sounds like a bucking horse! I have ridden a couple of those! A little romance is very nice. I love seeing kitty love. Froggie too. Lol
I have a litter scoop with a handle that can be extended. I find it a little hard to manipulate to clean the box the way I like. It would be helpful if you can’t bend over though. I found a scoop that is a very strong stainless steel and I like that kind the best. It’s very strong, doesn’t bend no matter how hard I scrape the box and easy to clean.
Maybe I should have named Callie, Rainbow Brite?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
do like the idea of using those cleaning tools! I don’t have a Robo vacuum. I think the amount of fur dust bunnies here would choke it to death.
Robo vacuum is good for in between sweeps. It just randomly moves all over and pick up whatever is in the way. I use it so that during my proper sweep days (I sweep 3 times a week), the floor is much cleaner as compared to no Robo vacuum doing the in-betweens. But if you sweep everyday, then I guess there's no need for the Robo vacuum but it comes in handy when your arm is out of order.
They gave me a muscle relaxer instead and that was much better.
I took muscle relaxants before and it makes me too relax............... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.