My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have been a friend who has supported me- that is more help than anyone could ask for.

He has never gone past the seven day marker and it is hard for me to understand why he would do so now. After losing Jeff, (my best friend), it is difficult for me to be optimistic. When Jeff didn't come home on March 29th, my friends and family would tell me: "Oh, she has done this before, she has blown you off before.", all of which is true, but something didn't feel right that night- it was too long, too cold,and she was old. I had bad feelings about her disappearance that whole night and onto Saturday. On Sunday morning, I found Jeff lying peacefully on the floor of my shed.

I don't get these same vibes with O'Malley, but I also don't know him that well either.
It feels overwhelming and devastating when one of our beloveds passes. We mourn for ourselves, not for them, because they are absolutely in a better place. Whether you have spiritual beliefs like mine or not, you would hopefully agree that not suffering is better than being sick or in pain or frightened and stressed.
That said, and I am extremely sorry for your loss of Jeff -- O'Malley is a different cat and while we do not know where he is, I will continue to pray that he returns, quickly, safely and healthy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 , I will keep a candle lit. Just in case.

Jcatbird Jcatbird , I've have NEVER seen a cat so obsessed with frogs in a loving way! Banjo is precious!

I lost one of my feral kittens day before yesterday. Her story is posted in the Bridge thread. Forgive me for being pretty silent. I"m ok, but sad.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! Vibes are like purrs, they make us all feel good!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That frog really is like Banjos new buddy! I love it! Oh frog! Thanks for adding support about O’Malley!

jefferd18 jefferd18 Cats can be so elusive. Hope remains until you find him. Never stop looking. It took me a year to find Kelly. She had been her every day until she wasn’t. Then she just showed up again. I’ll never know what happened in between those times. They follow their own path sometimes.

Allyocean Allyocean The “not knowing” is difficult. Thank you for being here for jeffred18 ! We all need people around us who understand and care.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 No.....:( You know my heart is with you. I’ll see you at the bridge.:redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was wellness check day for BJ. Update on immunizations too. I’ll get the results of his blood work in a couple of days. He has gained weight! Yay! 13.8 pounds. This was our visit.

I think I’ll just hide under this chair mom.
CF841F64-6B30-4018-AEE9-7821A377C63E.jpeg

I hear someone.

B7A2678C-0254-4456-9EF6-B8F8299B8A58.jpeg

Don’t I remember you?!?!?
F2E264CD-94DA-4B5E-BFB6-AD24C9B7CC35.jpeg

Okay, I’ll do whatever you ladies want. Just pet me when you’re done. You did say treats too, right?
2D300284-68E5-4598-9F22-0820A86A8B15.jpeg

Those treats were good ones mom!
2440A0EC-2388-4BE2-81D3-044A5DD94DC8.jpeg

Hey! All the ladies left! Okay. I think I’ve kissed everyone now. I guess I’m ready to go home.
6993E4EF-0B6D-46F9-BCB7-CEF4E7ED12DB.jpeg

Bj was into everything in that room! Lol He jumped on counters, played with the cardboard displays on the shelves, investigated the computer and nearly unplugged it by pulling on the cord! He even opened those cabinet doors where they keep the treats! :flail:He had everyone laughing and chasing after him. Party! The vet remarked that we should hold a birthday party there for him. He also made eyes at the ladies! Typical BJ. The term Don Juan came up after he loved on several of the techs and the vet.
He had a good checkup. He does have the dental issues often associated with FIV. We’ll have to do a dental cleaning in the near future. Hoping his blood work is okay too. He does have a little bit of belly now. Lol In his case, we’re glad he hasn’t lost weight like he was doing at first. It was a good day for BJ. One thing he did that made us all laugh was that when he was shut back into the carrier, he started mewing like a lost kitten. He went for the pity of the ladies and as soon as they opened the crate back up, he started purring and head butting for extra pets. BJ is normally silent but he knows how to use his voice to get a little extra love now! :lol: Worked like a charm!:petcat:
Have a great night everyone!:heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to start giving Mackie antibiotics today. I had the windows open the other day and a couple of the kitties started sneezing so I had closed them again. The pollen got me too. I noticed Mackie coughing last night. I hope, hope that it’s just the pollen. The vet tech knows my heart and offered to come by here. She has been here before I ever got Mackie and she knew Sarah. I so appreciated her kindness. When I lost my great big doggie ( the one that pulled me to the phone when I got hurt) she, a few other techs and the vet came here to my doggie funeral. They were very sweet then, when I lost Sarah and many other times over the years. It’s the greatest thing when the people who work with your fur babies are wonderful humans. I’ll be going in again this week. Thank you Sophie!!!!’:redheartpump:
Besides tending my babies today, I went to see the Sniwshoe and tonight I went to help a friend. A beautiful kitty named Harley has been struggling with fleas so I went to help the Dad administer a flea treatment. Harley is sweet and gorgeous. I am hoping the new treatment will solve the problem. Meet Harley!
This was after the treatment. Lol Hiding!
View attachment 319925

I returned to my babies and gave treats. I got some smiles too.
This frog goes well with my eyes!
View attachment 319926
Hug him?
View attachment 319927
I’ll leave that to Banjo.
View attachment 319928
At least it’s not plastic but you’re still not giving us the real thing.
View attachment 319929
I may be baby Bonjure but I don’t want a stuffed frog!
View attachment 319930
Oh no!
View attachment 319931
I don’t approve on my daughter loving a frog!
View attachment 319932
Music?
View attachment 319933
I kind of like a musical frog.
View attachment 319934
It is relaxing.
View attachment 319935
Okay, the frog always wins me over. Hugging Froggie!
View attachment 319936

The magic of a smile always wins.
Have a great night everyone. Asking for a little magic for my laughing cat Mackie too. :heartshape:
:crossfingers: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::petcat::hearthrob:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was wellness check day for BJ. Update on immunizations too. I’ll get the results of his blood work in a couple of days. He has gained weight! Yay! 13.8 pounds. This was our visit.

I think I’ll just hide under this chair mom.
View attachment 320138
I hear someone.

View attachment 320135
Don’t I remember you?!?!?
View attachment 320136
Okay, I’ll do whatever you ladies want. Just pet me when you’re done. You did say treats too, right?
View attachment 320137
Those treats were good ones mom!
View attachment 320140
Hey! All the ladies left! Okay. I think I’ve kissed everyone now. I guess I’m ready to go home.
View attachment 320139
Bj was into everything in that room! Lol He jumped on counters, played with the cardboard displays on the shelves, investigated the computer and nearly unplugged it by pulling on the cord! He even opened those cabinet doors where they keep the treats! :flail:He had everyone laughing and chasing after him. Party! The vet remarked that we should hold a birthday party there for him. He also made eyes at the ladies! Typical BJ. The term Don Juan came up after he loved on several of the techs and the vet.
He had a good checkup. He does have the dental issues often associated with FIV. We’ll have to do a dental cleaning in the near future. Hoping his blood work is okay too. He does have a little bit of belly now. Lol In his case, we’re glad he hasn’t lost weight like he was doing at first. It was a good day for BJ. One thing he did that made us all laugh was that when he was shut back into the carrier, he started mewing like a lost kitten. He went for the pity of the ladies and as soon as they opened the crate back up, he started purring and head butting for extra pets. BJ is normally silent but he knows how to use his voice to get a little extra love now! :lol: Worked like a charm!:petcat:
Have a great night everyone!:heartshape:
BJ is just irresistible! I love the pic of him standing like a little lion kinglet in the office. He'd be a perfect Poster Cat to educate (and rope in) those who just don't know about cats (but need to, desperately). :redheartpump: :runningcat::redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I talked to the family of Harley today. Harley has stopped chewing at his fur and seems to be improving. I’m hoping that getting the fleas off will do the trick.
Mackie is active but still has the cough. I tried to get him in with the vet today but they were slammed so I’ll be up at dawn to try and get in. I have an idea about another treatment but the vet has to give the okay.

M maggiedemi Not all of the kitties are as tame as BJ. He is an exceptional fellow. Every kitty is different. I’ve been very fortunate with this bunch. They’re great kitties. I mostly just sit on the floor with them and talk to them to convince them that a human can be a friend. Hand feeding helps too. Slowly bring the food into your lap and the kitties eventually follow. Lol A book wpuld be fun though!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I bet BJ would love being the poster cat! He’d get all the ladies! I loved that picture of him. He wanted the party to continue and he looks like he feels perfectly at home there. He was large and in charge! If they had left the door open, he would have followed them out. Lol

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no O'Malley. I stayed on the parking-lot last night calling his name for twenty minutes, twice. The other two males came to eat much later than they usually do.

O'Malley is old and every time he goes away during kitten season he comes back limping or with a abscess on him. I worry that a younger tom will fatally wound him. The next time I see him, I am grabbing him.

Is it kitten season now?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 It is kind of always kitten season. If one female comes into hear, it’s time. We are getting into mating season. As the sun grows brighter and the days start to warm, kitties roam.
You said the other males showed up late? If O’Malley is top male, the others would be more likely to leave the female to come eat. This could be good. Perhaps he has won a Lady. If so, he may stay with her a while longer or when her heat ends, he may show her where the food is being put down. Maybe they will both appear. It could be a female new to the area but have you noticed any females being absent or especially nervous? There may be clues around or coming soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird , I think BJ would get the "Sexiest Man(cat) Alive" award from whatever magazine votes those into being each year. *Now, I'm not saying Elvis isn't "too sexy for my hat" and everything else, but BJ has that extra social gift that I think would clinch the decision.* :redheartpump: Your information for jefferd18 jefferd18 gives me even MORE hope for O'Malley! Clearly, you have an even higher level of experience and expertise and we would all benefit from taking it to heart. Some of these old battlecats have a huge amount of experience and they get a LOT of respect.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 It is kind of always kitten season. If one female comes into hear, it’s time. We are getting into mating season. As the sun grows brighter and the days start to warm, kitties roam.
You said the other males showed up late? If O’Malley is top male, the others would be more likely to leave the female to come eat. This could be good. Perhaps he has won a Lady. If so, he may stay with her a while longer or when her heat ends, he may show her where the food is being put down. Maybe they will both appear. It could be a female new to the area but have you noticed any females being absent or especially nervous? There may be clues around or coming soon.

There is only one female in the group as of now, I don't know whether the two kittens are females. There are four cats, one female, three males, and two three month old kittens. The female cat is always on the nervous side.

O'Malley will disappear in the Summer and I won't see him for six straight days, but he usually will come back on the seventh day, hungry. He also will come back much later in the night so it may be just a case of us missing one another.

He has to eat! I leave food down for him but of course the raccoons will come and eat all of it. I thought those guys hibernated. :mad:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is only one female in the group as of now, I don't know whether the two kittens are females. There are four cats, one female, three males, and two three month old kittens. The female cat is always on the nervous side.

O'Malley will disappear in the Summer and I won't see him for six straight days, but he usually will come back on the seventh day, hungry. He also will come back much later in the night so it may be just a case of us missing one another.

He has to eat! I leave food down for him but of course the raccoons will come and eat all of it. I thought those guys hibernated. :mad:
Three months kittens can become pregnant.
And no, raccoons don't hibernate, at least not here in Southern California and probably not in other temperate/warm zones.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Three months kittens can become pregnant.
And no, raccoons don't hibernate, at least not here in Southern California and probably not in other temperate/warm zones.
You are right, they don't hibernate, just hole up in dens during the bitterest of winter weather. Wow, I have heard as young as four months but not three months. I am not sure if they are males or females. I caught one a week ago and it was a female.

I hope they don't go into heat, that would be quite tragic :(

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think he is a busy guy kitty. Can you leave food very, very early in the morning? Once the Raccoons eat and leave, they are unlikely to expect a refill. You can usually tell if a Racoon has eaten. They dip their food in the water. It usually leaves a lot of food traces in the water. A possum tends to knock a lot of food off the edge of the plate. Messy because of their facial construction. Styrofoam plates are not good for the environment but if you use them a couple of times you may get a better idea of what eats the food. A fox or dog type animal tends to carry the plate off a ways to eat. A possum shoves the food around and spills stuff. A Raccoon is likely to leave toe marks through the plate. A cat may leave small pinpoint claw marks. A buzzard may leave a v mark cut out in the plate from the beak and will also move the plates around but usually not far. Cats eat neatly from the plate. All clues for you.
Only one female? Spayed? If not, no wonder she is nervous. The kittens are approaching being old enough to get pregnant. Is the female their mom? Another reason for her to be nervous. Female kittens will bring activity. I had mostly females here so I grabbed them up first. BJ was head male and tried to keep other males away. He did it well. If the kittens are male then when they reach maturity, any unneutered males there may try to run them off. Kittens could possibly get adopted if you can catch them. Are these the siblings to the runt you caught? The colony is relatively small right now. If you can stop females from getting pregnant, the colony could settle in to a fairly peaceful state as you get the males fixed. It could buy you time.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 At times I have lived outside among the kitties when I was trying to protect them from humans. It gave me a cats eye view to their habits. It was a rare opportunity although that wasn’t how I viewed it at the time. I started feeling like an old battlecat myself! Lol Oh, wait a minute...... maybe that’s old battleaxe?;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I spent time with Mr. Mackie. Giving him medicine has had him a little upset. He’s normally my laughing cat and I wanted to do what I could to restore that.

I know this looks like a twin sized bed with Mackie on it but it’s not! It’s a double!
5FB58315-809E-419E-AFD8-571EDED4175F.jpeg

Sorry Mackie. Medicine time.
FAB3DD5C-5D3C-43BC-97E5-B4DA255FBD54.jpeg

Only a little went down his cheek! Good boy Mackie.
4BD2C9B5-CE42-44EF-B87D-AFB5D058CEC6.jpeg

That was nasty! It made my claws come out.
FF4F7BFD-D8FE-475A-B02F-B0255E8BA837.jpeg

I didn’t like that Mom!
B34E1ECD-AE1E-4CDE-AD07-EBE049481B43.jpeg

You need to pologize!
E495B404-87B7-4175-BEC1-DE02C96C965E.jpeg

I am sorry baby....
94A7CCAC-CD60-4EAD-980C-AD3E674C4FDF.jpeg

Forgive me?
F3CC6D76-DA40-4060-8734-CB3F58169017.jpeg

If you scratch all the way down!
EFAB2E13-ADC4-439E-930B-4E331ABA67A6.jpeg

I still remember the taste. Yuck!
AD7C9364-D02D-4154-A061-82006AD094AA.jpeg

Would it help if I tell you a mouse joke?
289A85B2-1318-44F5-BD95-F83591F8EDAC.jpeg

I do love a mouse joke. Give it a try.
Why do mice have long tails?
I don’t know. Why?
Because they would look funny with long hair!
83686BBE-FF2F-4D41-BAD6-13123AAF2FD0.jpeg

Ewwwww. That just makes me think of hair balls! Wanna try again?
F18004A1-1D61-4583-9D2E-806E98336113.jpeg

Okay....
5A73D75E-6458-4BF6-8CA3-32A797ED75B4.jpeg

What does a big mouse call a little mouse?
Hmmmm. What?
Pipsqueak!
945BBDE7-4B45-4E81-86EA-91800E73CE1A.jpeg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
CC6DE8A8-B4B0-40A7-B393-4D08CD7A15E7.jpeg

Tell me another one!
FE6A51D1-30D2-41AF-AA6D-04ABEFF22147.jpeg

Ha! I guess I’ll be trying to find some good mouse jokes tonight. If anyone knows one..... please send it! I have to dose Mackie again in the morning! We need more mouse jokes to keep my laughing cat happy. The sound of a laughing cat is a wonderful thing! Lol
Have a great night everyone. :heartshape:

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I spent time with Mr. Mackie. Giving him medicine has had him a little upset. He’s normally my laughing cat and I wanted to do what I could to restore that.

I know this looks like a twin sized bed with Mackie on it but it’s not! It’s a double!
View attachment 320334
Sorry Mackie. Medicine time.
View attachment 320335
Only a little went down his cheek! Good boy Mackie.
View attachment 320336
That was nasty! It made my claws come out.
View attachment 320337
I didn’t like that Mom!
View attachment 320340
You need to pologize!
View attachment 320341
I am sorry baby....
View attachment 320342
Forgive me?
View attachment 320343
If you scratch all the way down!
View attachment 320344
I still remember the taste. Yuck!
View attachment 320345
Would it help if I tell you a mouse joke?
View attachment 320346
I do love a mouse joke. Give it a try.
Why do mice have long tails?
I don’t know. Why?
Because they would look funny with long hair!
View attachment 320347
Ewwwww. That just makes me think of hair balls! Wanna try again?
View attachment 320348
Okay....
View attachment 320349
What does a big mouse call a little mouse?
Hmmmm. What?
Pipsqueak!
View attachment 320350
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
View attachment 320351
Tell me another one!
View attachment 320352

Ha! I guess I’ll be trying to find some good mouse jokes tonight. If anyone knows one..... please send it! I have to dose Mackie again in the morning! We need more mouse jokes to keep my laughing cat happy. The sound of a laughing cat is a wonderful thing! Lol
Have a great night everyone. :heartshape:
*My goodness, that is a MASSIVE cat.* :redheartpump: :crackup:Do you saddle him up?:flail::angrycat::climbcat: I'm coming up empty in the Mouse Joke Department, so hoping others will share some really good ones. I'm seeing those early Mickey Mouse reels in my mind's eye. "Steamboat Willie" is the one I'm thinking of. Funny, but not exactly a "mouse joke", right?
I guess everyone has felt like an old battlecat sometimes. A battleaxe? Well, yeah, probably that, too. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.