My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good recommendation! :) I've used some of their liquid hand soaps, but nothing else. Definitely going to look for this fragrance free hand cream: Fragrance Free Hand Cream | Bath & Body Works
Hope you find and enjoy! I'm a fragrance freakie and they have made a lot of amazing ones over the years, most of which are brought back via the "retired fragrance" department.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my dad used to fix all his own cars before computerization made it too difficult.
That must be why my dad bought an ancient manual truck that I can't drive. He was saying something about computerization in the newer ones.

I do that, but I must need a better lotion, because as soon as I wash my hands, they dry up again.
That's why I put it on right before bed, because during the day I wash my hands every 5 minutes.

I'm a fragrance freakie and they have made a lot of amazing ones over the years
BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar & Fresh Vanilla were the best scents, not sure if they still have them.

I hope J JaneLuvsCats comes back and tells us more about the rescue of Handsome Harry. That was so exciting! I wonder what he thinks about his new life.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, I've loved and used their hand creams, soaps and shower gels, lip protectors, and EDTs since the company opened, as far as I know. I love their products!
I'll be using them from now on! I LOVED hearing that Cover Girl has won the "Leaping Bunny" award (cruelty-free), making one makeup line I can buy without worry!

LOVE all of the pics, but that camellia is still making me drool. I LOVE camellias! Someday, I hope, I can live somewhere where I can plant a camellia bush or six! There's an abandoned cottage near here with camellia bushes that are over 15 feet tall now...when they bloom, the cottage takes on an eerie, sad beauty.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi *Great noses smell alike!* (or something like that) I love Warm Vanilla Sugar and Vanilla Noir. They seem to put vanilla with just about everything (and not everything goes with vanilla IMHO, but anyway...): Results for: vanilla - Search | Bath & Body Works And YES! they have everything in Warm Vanilla Sugar! (Hint: right after the holidays is usually a great time to catch things on sale there, but they do have some Buy Three, get one (or TWO!) free offers on right now!)
And Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I love camellias too. We had several very mature plants here, but lost several due to the extreme heat over the summers. My favorite was a red double with a golden center -- my dad used to call them "flamenco dancers" because they were reminiscent of the skirts and colors in flamenco.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that about Cover Girl. I don't use a lot of makeup, but anything I do buy from now on will be by Cover Girl.
There are a lot of companies that are cruelty-free. Just google or bing the one you're interested in. Estee Lauder is. So is Wet N' Wild. Pantene and Revlon are NOT. And so on.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I sympathize with the dry skin. One thing used here a lot is cocoa butter. It’s supposed to be good for the skin.

M maggiedemi That’s a good tip. I’ve always been told that after a bath and before bed, use lotion. Also drink lots of water in the morning.
I bet your Dad did buy that truck to avoid computerized components.
Did you know that vanilla comes from an orchid? The seed pod of the Vanilla planifolia vine is the one we use as flavoring. The little black specks in Breyers vanilla Ice cream is actually orchid seeds. The Flowers only last a day so they must be pollinated in the morning in order to produce the vanilla bean. I prefer using real vanilla over manufactured perfumes.
Maybe J JaneLuvsCats will come back. I have asked her to update us after she and kitty have had time to adjust. I understand that they are both well and I will try to stay in touch with them.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Walked 5 miles! :flail:If only the school had been that close! In the first grade it was only a few blocks and we were on a semitropical island. Schools were closed for hurricanes but I was afraid of the Panther that my older brother told me lived in the woods.:lol: Big brothers like to tease.
I can only imagine how dry the desert must be. Ouch! I like Bath and Body works lotion too. Yay for banning products using cruel practices!
I love the “retired fragrances.” I’m kind of sensitive to scents. A lot of the new shampoos and things are fragrances that I don’t like at all! There used to be a wonderful and light Jasmine fragrance that I wish was still produced. The company did make an updated version. Blah! It was really strong.

Buffster7 Buffster7 Since that is made in California, you’ll probably find information about it eventually. Hopefully it’s a product made by a conscientious company.

Lari Lari those body butter creams can be really good stuff and good for healing. I keep mine next to the bed and use it right before I lay down. It’s the only way I can stay in the habit of using it.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I use Cover Girl too. I don’t use a lot of products but they are my go to.
I grew up with Camellias in my life. My Grandfather hybridized them. Do you know about the Camellia Society? You might enjoy that. Camellia sinense is the one we use for tea. There are some very old Camellias where I live. Beautiful plants and flowers. Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitties must have been very active while I was gone yesterday. I woke up late last night fully encased in kitties that did not want to move. :lol: Straight ja cat! I finally wiggled enough to make some space and break free. I’ve heard that how you get released from quicksand. Today has been sleepy cat day! What do they do when I’m not home? Cat olympics?

Obvious kitty exhaustion.
1C9F61A7-7A6B-4848-816C-02B3B1009F9F.jpeg

A non budging Banjo?
4D2DC47E-8580-4DD0-A377-67B747DBF1D1.jpeg

A boxed up Bonjure?
2C2A9D08-97C5-40A8-AB6D-9A1314E07B58.jpeg

Heh. Maybe a little bounce left in Bonnie.
0338D532-B42B-4F62-B08B-05B7BF0F580F.jpeg

Kodiak managed to come for cuddling.
24520E84-E61B-4983-BDED-60564C7FD705.jpeg

I had to hunt for Mackie. My sleeping lion.
0932B525-6781-4441-9C5F-6349C61A27D9.jpeg

Mitsy didn’t move.
E438E51D-75E5-4612-98E0-4568E9E6B7AD.jpeg

These guys even put the doll under the covers! Lol
195BFDE3-9605-4DC8-B0AB-E0788A9B1F11.jpeg

You can tell they are really tired when....
EE2E0E69-3B9E-4BCF-9EE7-27C0299E4B7A.jpeg

Even their tongue is drooping.
60FBE8FA-2FE0-4779-A2A1-2BE9ADE1BC20.jpeg

Whatever they did has a couple of them completely licked!
F548F32A-D376-4486-8136-D610A0DA9571.jpeg

Is it like the book, “not a creature was stirring...?”
Then I went to see the girls. Hmmm. I’ve seen that look before.
A06245D4-759A-4536-BA6F-74A757E73015.jpeg

Run! Hide in the closet!
Someone has been stirring and plundered the closer. Who opened the door?
9DCE0B55-857F-4FB4-930D-48CEE71DB78F.jpeg

Hey you guys! Where is everybody going?
054F49DB-5541-4784-A864-A86D16566C9F.jpeg

I was just cleaning Mom! Isn’t this what you use when someone leaves the sink running? :fear:
3FA84FEF-E2FC-431B-B7B5-64E397BFBF65.jpeg

Thank you Wanda Heart! You’re so smart! Let me teach you how to turn the faucet off. :lol:

No damage done. I have now placed a bowl of water in the sink. The kitties can play in the water without turning it on and stepping in the bowl may deter a repeat performance.

Have a warm ,dry night everyone! :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds, and looks, like the clowder was busy while Mom was away. :catman:

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I sympathize with the dry skin. One thing used here a lot is cocoa butter. It’s supposed to be good for the skin.
Bet that smells nice. :) I'm not used to scents much anymore, so usually go for fragrance free now.

M maggiedemi That’s a good tip. I’ve always been told that after a bath and before bed, use lotion. Also drink lots of water in the morning.
Someone once told me baby oil applied after a bath helps. But I'd think that might be greasy.

Did you know that vanilla comes from an orchid? The seed pod of the Vanilla planifolia vine is the one we use as flavoring. The little black specks in Breyers vanilla Ice cream is actually orchid seeds. The Flowers only last a day so they must be pollinated in the morning in order to produce the vanilla bean. I prefer using real vanilla over manufactured perfumes.
I did not know that. I do know that pure vanilla extract is extremely expensive these days!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PAPER TOWEL PAW-TAY!* Our angel Rani used to love toilet paper. She was quite the "PURRformance artist" :crackup:
Yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird , I knew about the vanilla orchids and I have a fragrance by InStyle Fragrances, another cruelty-free company that specializes in "knock-offs" but also does other fragrances, that is Vanilla Orchid. You can get it at Walgreens. I LOVE vanilla and also prefer the real thing. Some people say vanilla is bland and boring -- to me it is intoxicating (in a good way) and beautiful, as well as a wonderful flavor. It's one of my favorite scents, and also on the rare occasions I brave the dairy world to have a yoghurt, vanilla is my favorite flavor besides plain.
The desert IS dry, but the desert gets snow and rain and sometimes flash flooding. We had times when the road washed out and even an ATV couldn't navigate it. A bunch of us would go in on a grader to restore navigability. The grader normally did the north-south main roads but not the east-west residential roads, which turned into quicksand and boulders. And yeah, quicksand was pretty weird! I'd have times when it would almost suck off my military-issue gumboots, which I needed for barn duty. My ex never had problems with his skin/hands, but I do even in temperate climates.
Looks like a clowder of very smart cats, curling up and enjoying the beautiful winter!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! :bicolorcat: Mom said I could help her by posting.:yess: Really, she did!! She had to go to see a city vet for humans today. Yuck! Something about getting coffee from a bug? Only the little black bugs that Froggie brings taste good. Humans just don’t know which bugs are good. She was given something to help the coffeeing and to get rid of the bug. I don’t know why she didn’t let me get rid of the bug. I peeked in her room and Mackie is taking care of her so she’ll be back!
404371E0-E2EC-4467-A0E0-39445CDB9316.jpeg
tabbytom tabbytom She said to thank you. She’ll take care and the clowder will help.

Everything will run smoothly because, Banjo is in charge!
191E2BD0-1554-4EDF-AD02-2D838ACE7374.jpeg

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
This post by Banjo,:greenpaw:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! :bicolorcat: Mom said I could help her by posting.:yess: Really, she did!! She had to go to see a city vet for humans today. Yuck! Something about getting coffee from a bug? Only the little black bugs that Froggie brings taste good. Humans just don’t know which bugs are good. She was given something to help the coffeeing and to get rid of the bug. I don’t know why she didn’t let me get rid of the bug. I peeked in her room and Mackie is taking care of her so she’ll be back! View attachment 313725 tabbytom tabbytom She said to thank you. She’ll take care and the clowder will help.

Everything will run smoothly because, Banjo is in charge! View attachment 313726
Such sweet little faces! You'll undoubtedly get better fast with all of that C.A.T. Coffee from a bug does not sound fun.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that about Cover Girl. I don't use a lot of makeup, but anything I do buy from now on will be by Cover Girl.
I used to buy Cover Girl and Maybelline, but I don't wear makeup anymore since my skin cleared up.

Did you know that vanilla comes from an orchid?
No, I didn't know that. :think:

I woke up late last night fully encased in kitties
That sounds like heaven. :cloud9:

I LOVE vanilla and also prefer the real thing. Some people say vanilla is bland and boring -- to me it is intoxicating (in a good way) and beautiful,
I agree, Vanilla is very intoxicating! I stopped wearing perfume because people complain, so I mostly just use vanilla shower gel now. That way I can enjoy it and not bother other people. But I do miss wearing my EDTs and body spray.

Great job Banjo! I like all the little details (secrets) you reveal. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.