My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah...and there's a learning curve. I managed to delete ALL of my watched threads somehow. But I searched my own name, and found my posts! This was not an altogether bad thing. Now, instead of ELEVEN PAGES of watched threads, I only have three, and ALL active!

While I don't want the SAME ones that Facebook has, I do like having a range of reactions. Sometimes I don't purraise because something was especially good, but because...other things. This lets me do that. But the choices could have been better.

Not yet. I'm still getting there after the "deleted the watched threads" upheaval!

LOL, sometimes when I'm stressed, I do a paint by number app on my phone. I spotted this one late last night, and HAD to do it for Banjo!

View attachment 303066
That's it! *But there should be a tuxedo cat looking out one of the window/porthole/whatever-you-call-'ems at Froggie Prince!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama You caught that did you? ;) I do love the music thread. I post there whenever I get a chance. There are lots of great songs posted that are new to me. It’s fun to follow the themes too! Posting my favorite for Sarah the other day really touched my heart. Tomorrow is her birthday. I have an idea for another song today too!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Small screen is all I have right now but dealing with it. I expect things are still shifting a bit. We’ll see.
Those little Morning glories are so cute. Little guys! Lol lots of flower power though.
Hoping the fire and storms don’t harm any living creatures.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Erased stuff? Ouch. It is a learning curve with any update and they happen everywhere. The way of the world now. My old eyes are my biggest issue. I’m still checking things out but so far, getting things done.
I really love that frog picture! There are Anthuriums, Trillium and water Lillys along with Froggie and he even has the crown of a Prince! 🐸 I’d hang that up in my house! Note that we finally have an emoji of Froggie. Magic! I bet Banjo slipped that in.:bicolorcat: Lol Thank you for posting that. It is really neat you found it. As tarasgrl said, the only thing missing is Banjo but Since Froggie is in the water..... Banjo might not want to join him there. Cat doing a dog paddle?:lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama You caught that did you? ;) I do love the music thread. I post there whenever I get a chance. There are lots of great songs posted that are new to me. It’s fun to follow the themes too! Posting my favorite for Sarah the other day really touched my heart. Tomorrow is her birthday. I have an idea for another song today too!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Small screen is all I have right now but dealing with it. I expect things are still shifting a bit. We’ll see.
Those little Morning glories are so cute. Little guys! Lol lots of flower power though.
Hoping the fire and storms don’t harm any living creatures.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Erased stuff? Ouch. It is a learning curve with any update and they happen everywhere. The way of the world now. My old eyes are my biggest issue. I’m still checking things out but so far, getting things done.
I really love that frog picture! There are Anthuriums, Trillium and water Lillys along with Froggie and he even has the crown of a Prince! 🐸 I’d hang that up in my house! Note that we finally have an emoji of Froggie. Magic! I bet Banjo slipped that in.:bicolorcat: Lol Thank you for posting that. It is really neat you found it. As tarasgrl said, the only thing missing is Banjo but Since Froggie is in the water..... Banjo might not want to join him there. Cat doing a dog paddle?:lol:
Thanking you. I have shut the house up because I can now smell the smoke. PTSD time.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ! I am watching it on the weather channel. Be safe! My prayers, are with you all!
Thank you. We are not near the fires, but it is terrible and said to have been started by someone dumping "burning trash" on the side of the freeway. I have a VERY angry reaction to anyone that commits arson. We never know how many innocent animal lives are lost to their sickness. One human has already died due to this fire, it is reported.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need to send this to tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and the others out west as well as those fighting other types of storms.
I just saw that a grey kitty the weather reporter found last night was rescued from the blizzard and has gotten a safe home. Many people inquired about the kitty. Some good news.

I was just about to start a post about Blue skies that are shining down on us today. May the kitties blow this your way and send the smoke away. Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Hmmmmm. Okay, going to have to start another post to include the photos.
To be continued! Lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need to send this to tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and the others out west as well as those fighting other types of storms.
I just saw that a grey kitty the weather reporter found last night was rescued from the blizzard and has gotten a safe home. Many people inquired about the kitty. Some good news.

I was just about to start a post about Blue skies that are shining down on us today. May the kitties blow this your way and send the smoke away. Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Hmmmmm. Okay, going to have to start another post to include the photos.
To be continued! Lol
Every feline life saved is a huge comfort and celebration/victory for me! Thank you for that best kind of news.
Yes, we've had "red flag warnings" for the last few days on my weather apps as it is fire and Santa Ana winds season here in la-la land, and it is warm, but not horribly hot, so I had been so grateful that this summer was nowhere near as brutal as last summer, and so far we had seemed good. But there are several fires and the one I posted about that was started by a "trash truck dumping burning trash on the side of a road" (?!!) is in Riverside County, about equidistant between where we lived in the Mojave and where we are now. It's developed desert, and they get a lot of high winds out there, too. We have amazing first responders and our city (Los Angeles) officials are responsive. We also have excellent news personnel covering the fire. I've been looking at photos taken starting late last night, and ironically, some are of fire crews fighting to save Olive View Hospital, where I was a patient when I was burned. *PRAYERS* for all in the affected zones!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue skies here.
1BC93B1D-5701-4396-9BD8-D262CF2B82D7.jpeg

Blue skies looking at me.
C0986B52-BA3A-4BF7-87D6-A05B0497D189.jpeg

Nothing but blue skies...
E5C7FD69-F1FA-4054-AE67-3B04DFA88E31.jpeg

Bj, go get the other kitties.
FA574BED-D4E6-4967-B451-B707C3DFB3EB.jpeg

Muffin, help get the others to the window.
E17E296B-33D3-494B-84EF-4846CB8A627A.jpeg

Dolly, help us out!
E36D310A-FE11-4A08-A51C-D813DD55EADF.jpeg

Come on Purry and Flowers!
B7B50E46-4C27-45B0-B01A-B7A9F23E18C7.jpeg

What Banjo? You want to be in charge? Lol
5DA2D3A1-EE59-4D81-9BBE-F06D671E6938.jpeg

Okay. Get everybody together.
4AF873CB-B938-41D8-AD3E-5A89DDBAC483.jpeg

This is the window we need guys!
19414B35-CA3D-4517-8713-F2EA3237FCA0.jpeg

Get lined up.
1DE26F9C-C081-4E21-8ED8-4C49A4EA83A0.jpeg

Get ready.
1DE26F9C-C081-4E21-8ED8-4C49A4EA83A0.jpeg

Take a deep breath .....
804EEFEE-4F4F-4F2B-B51E-A55A9A0CFF44.jpeg

Blow the blue skies west and north guys!
A74FEC2E-8FB9-4DA0-9CEE-0341214A9D36.jpeg

BJ is hoping they blew some sunshine to everyone.
16310EB7-5A32-410D-913F-02F14116A973.jpeg

:bicolorcat::silver::blackcat2::tabbycat::bigeyes::bluecat:🌬💨
☀:redheartpump:
We are hoping it works. Have a safe night everyone! :heartshape:

In old style ( hope I get this right)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama You caught that did you? ;) I do love the music thread. I post there whenever I get a chance. There are lots of great songs posted that are new to me. It’s fun to follow the themes too! Posting my favorite for Sarah the other day really touched my heart. Tomorrow is her birthday. I have an idea for another song today too!
I know today will be a happy/sad day, but love to you on this bittersweet day. :hearthrob:

Thanking you. I have shut the house up because I can now smell the smoke. PTSD time.
Sending hugs your way, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Oh, that's so cool. And brings me back to the dark ages when computers were new. I had to cheat to figure it out though. Please tell me you didn't post that from memory!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I gotta say guys, posting on my phone has gotten much more difficult for me because of my vision and the small screen area available. After loading photos I have 1 and a half inch of viewing space for posting. Time for some Tylenol and a magnifying glass. Lol
What about an iPad, Jcatbird? You could take pics with it and post and enjoy a much larger screen. Can a person just use cellular on an iPad like we can with a phone, or do you have to be on wifi? I've never owned one as my computer is sufficient for me. I don't know how you post on your phone - my eyes cross just thinking about it! :tongue:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue skies here.View attachment 303091
Blue skies looking at me.
View attachment 303092
Nothing but blue skies...
View attachment 303093
Bj, go get the other kitties.View attachment 303094
Muffin, help get the others to the window.
View attachment 303095
Dolly, help us out!
View attachment 303096
Come on Purry and Flowers!View attachment 303097
What Banjo? You want to be in charge? Lol
View attachment 303099
Okay. Get everybody together.
View attachment 303100
This is the window we need guys!
View attachment 303101
Get lined up.
View attachment 303102
Get ready.
View attachment 303102
Take a deep breath .....
View attachment 303103
Blow the blue skies west and north guys!
View attachment 303104
BJ is hoping they blew some sunshine to everyone.
View attachment 303098
:bicolorcat::silver::blackcat2::tabbycat::bigeyes::bluecat:🌬💨
☀:redheartpump:
We are hoping it works. Have a safe night everyone! :heartshape:

What beautiful photos of a beautiful day and a gorgeous (partial) clowder!
Still strong smoke smell, so the house is closed up. Watering the yard this morning wasn't as nice as usual because of that, but *GRATEFUL PRAYERS* that we are safe! The big fire closest to us is 19% contained as of this morning, 31 structures burned and one confirmed human fatality. The Riverside area fire is 800+ acres burned, one confirmed fatality, two missing.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 It is difficult. I totally sympathize. I have trouble doing anything new on this phone. It gives me a headache after much time here. I understand things are still being adjusted though. You can post on the link that Rubyama put for me earlier. I did voice my problems there. Once I add photos I really lose screen space. Maybe everything will get sorted out. It’s a huge undertaking to update an entire site. Glad I don’t have to do that! You’d probably end up with just a blank page and emojis! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The fatalities and damages are horrible. Hoping it all gets contained. I am so glad you are safe. I know the smoke can be sickening. The amount I had a few days ago was bad enough and it was minimal. I closed my windows and put damp towels rolled up under the doors to stop it but the smell remained for awhile. Maybe blue skies will return.

Thank you so much for posting that on the song thread for me! It is very, very meaningful for me. It’s is the kindest wish I could be given.

N NY cat man Beats the snot out of it! I bet it does! 🤧 I would like anything over this.

Buffster7 Buffster7 and Lari Lari I am told that I can use my hotspot for a computer so I guess an iPad too. I live about 30/45 miles from the nearest place that sells anything like that though. If I wanted to get to an Apple store it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive. Lol Since my phone was hacked a couple of years ago I don’t order anything through it online so..... one day! Before that my daughters ID was stolen just after she passed away and someone filed for a tax refund in her name. Really? That type of crime is common here. I’m a bit wary of anything online. I had security in place but....
Even our bank had an employee make off with info and then raided accounts. Guess who caught it first!?!?! :yess: No.... it wasn’t Banjo.:flail:It was me.:bat: We caught ‘em!:banana1:
I do have a friend that is promising a computer that he no longer uses. He lives in another state but maybe I’ll get it by Christmas.

rubysmama rubysmama I did post that from memory but wondered if I got it right. LOVE. Don’t be impressed though. I have a few words still stuck in my head. Binary code did follow a pattern though. It gets more confusing after typing a whole line of 0 and 1’s. Lol I’m very glad we have progressed to an easier way. I grew up with a family of computer geeks well before that term existed so learning some things was required.

Thank you. Today was very bittersweet for me. It helps that people remember her. I thought I might post a couple of her favorite songs over the next few days. She liked a wide variety of music so maybe some will be enjoyed by others of more than one generation.
Happy Birthday to Sarah. :musicnote::redheartpump: She was my greatest gift.💫💔 Fortunately for me, her smiles remain!:):loveeyes::lovecat3: And her kitties!

Our smiles for tonight follow!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Added to Sarah’s Garden today, as bright as her sunshine smiles, Chrysanthemums from Mum!!I The kitty antics today would have brought lots of laughter.
9609CB1B-C3D2-4025-A549-9BEA09EC699F.jpeg

I have been trying to convince the kitties to dress up for Halloween , just for fun. Yeah! A feral in costume. Brilliant idea! :flail:

I really love the way Lady enjoys her dress/harness so I thought...... maybe? My first attempt follows!

Purry? Want to try something?
159BEF80-884A-4FAD-B9A2-389339504F65.jpeg

Lol! No!
F29FA81E-FB82-4D67-8662-1DA4822A2D16.jpeg

Muffin? Heh! Reminds me of the” Deedle deedle dumpling my son John, went to bed with his stockings on. One shoe off and one shoe on! “ At least she didn’t growl.
6B0220B6-9D23-4BBE-B9D3-0D6D91FE0F59.jpeg

Then I went to the cat room for volunteers.
42E71641-CCDF-4212-A7BE-002CF7EDCF98.jpeg

A blur of movement! Most cat scattered after seeing Purry and Muffin react.
EEDCD8AB-F4C4-44EB-819E-B0467348C433.jpeg

Bj! Volunteering?

B18AD503-E75C-4C69-883B-B421709D1E0D.jpeg

You interested?
3661DABB-B133-4003-86F5-BF8DA0BC752B.jpeg

What are those things BJ?
6C87E880-6B4E-4697-8BA7-41E56B50A461.jpeg

Are you puss in boots?
49A16B19-F540-4795-8D61-03ACAF9EFF52.jpeg

Try them out.
4FEAB2D6-977D-45DB-9F9E-1C3B2B077C48.jpeg

Are they comfortable?
8D3A6749-6CFE-4682-9CA1-88DF2A80327B.jpeg

Final opinion....
E55ED0C2-2A87-45B3-B5B6-66DCDD391588.jpeg

Need to test them?
0E7220FD-7612-4DCF-944E-7519637F4061.jpeg

Put your weight in them.
00CA8CA8-2A1E-4D12-BBA2-5F72DECACD9F.jpeg

Ha! The biggest feral of them all and he likes them. Swashbuckling! :coolcat:Very cool BJ!
1863B56E-34F7-47DA-8D28-FFC3C2B9B50E.jpeg

BJ never fails to amaze me! :flail:Not only did he tolerate them, he seemed to like them! I must say, he does look rather dashing in them.
We just won’t tell him they are baby shoes! Shhhhh! He might decide to eat me for a Halloween treat.

Lol Have a great night everyone!!:heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 It is difficult. I totally sympathize. I have trouble doing anything new on this phone. It gives me a headache after much time here. I understand things are still being adjusted though. You can post on the link that Rubyama put for me earlier. I did voice my problems there. Once I add photos I really lose screen space. Maybe everything will get sorted out. It’s a huge undertaking to update an entire site. Glad I don’t have to do that! You’d probably end up with just a blank page and emojis! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The fatalities and damages are horrible. Hoping it all gets contained. I am so glad you are safe. I know the smoke can be sickening. The amount I had a few days ago was bad enough and it was minimal. I closed my windows and put damp towels rolled up under the doors to stop it but the smell remained for awhile. Maybe blue skies will return.

Thank you so much for posting that on the song thread for me! It is very, very meaningful for me. It’s is the kindest wish I could be given.

N NY cat man Beats the snot out of it! I bet it does! 🤧 I would like anything over this.

Buffster7 Buffster7 and Lari Lari I am told that I can use my hotspot for a computer so I guess an iPad too. I live about 30/45 miles from the nearest place that sells anything like that though. If I wanted to get to an Apple store it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive. Lol Since my phone was hacked a couple of years ago I don’t order anything through it online so..... one day! Before that my daughters ID was stolen just after she passed away and someone filed for a tax refund in her name. Really? That type of crime is common here. I’m a bit wary of anything online. I had security in place but....
Even our bank had an employee make off with info and then raided accounts. Guess who caught it first!?!?! :yess: No.... it wasn’t Banjo.:flail:It was me.:bat: We caught ‘em!:banana1:
I do have a friend that is promising a computer that he no longer uses. He lives in another state but maybe I’ll get it by Christmas.

rubysmama rubysmama I did post that from memory but wondered if I got it right. LOVE. Don’t be impressed though. I have a few words still stuck in my head. Binary code did follow a pattern though. It gets more confusing after typing a whole line of 0 and 1’s. Lol I’m very glad we have progressed to an easier way. I grew up with a family of computer geeks well before that term existed so learning some things was required.

Thank you. Today was very bittersweet for me. It helps that people remember her. I thought I might post a couple of her favorite songs over the next few days. She liked a wide variety of music so maybe some will be enjoyed by others of more than one generation.
Happy Birthday to Sarah. :musicnote::redheartpump: She was my greatest gift.💫💔 Fortunately for me, her smiles remain!:):loveeyes::lovecat3: And her kitties!

Our smiles for tonight follow!
Beautiful chrysanthemums for your daughter! They are very special flowers.
I have special songs for some of my loved ones who have gone on ahead, too.
My dad was the family geek back in the COBOL days. I guess I inherited his love of IT. It's been a lifelong passion of mine.
Your particular situation sounds like it would be improved by a tablet and there are some really good deals around. IDK if you've ever gone on newegg.com but they are my go-to for tech. I've bought a fair amount of stuff from them and like them a lot. I'm on their listserv for "shell shocker" deals, too, which can be helpful. When I was shopping for this system, they kept emailing me with suggestions because I was fairly specific on what I wanted. They finally offered me this one and I jumped on it. No regrets!
A friend of mine got ripped off by an employee, bigtime. And I've gotten hacked in several places. It's just part of modern life in a society that doesn't value honesty and integrity, sadly. And yes, people will stoop to the lowest levels to get what they want at someone else's expense. Greed seems to be the god of so many people here and elsewhere.
The big fire is 33% contained and all evacs are lifted. People are saying it's very bittersweet going back to their neighborhoods and finding everything gone. I don't think I could take that. In fact, I know I couldn't.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never owned one as my computer is sufficient for me. I don't know how you post on your phone - my eyes cross just thinking about it! :tongue:
I can't imagine using a phone to post. I can't even deal with laptop keyboard!

Oh, that would be great !!! 🎄 :gift:

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I did post that from memory but wondered if I got it right. LOVE. Don’t be impressed though. I have a few words still stuck in my head. Binary code did follow a pattern though. It gets more confusing after typing a whole line of 0 and 1’s. Lol I’m very glad we have progressed to an easier way. I grew up with a family of computer geeks well before that term existed so learning some things was required.
I took computer courses years ago, but even then we just touched on binary code. So I know what it is, but that's about all. We did learn, BASIC and COBOL.

Can you translate this:
01110111 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110100 01110011

I'm glad you shared your memories of Sarah with us. :hearthrob:

BJ never fails to amaze me! :flail:Not only did he tolerate them, he seemed to like them! I must say, he does look rather dashing in them.
We just won’t tell him they are baby shoes! Shhhhh! He might decide to eat me for a Halloween treat.
That BJ !!! Anyone reading now, who wasn't here when you were trying to trap him, would never believe he was once a feral. Love ya BJ. :redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.