My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 My pages slip away as I type! I have not had any software updates. I just figured it was something tapping in ,as has happened in the past. I need a Cookie Monster! Lol I happen to know some of those mommies you refer to and totally agree that they have a tendency to play games.
That is snow! Evergreen? What evergreens? All I see is white! Lol
Wanda Heart has a tail that is elongating too! I love that tail. Very elegant.

M maggiedemi I don’t know if Wanda Heart is really fooled at this point. The first few times maybe but now I think she just likes it. I have a couple of kitties that just like to admire themselves! :lol: I actually thought about you when I mentioned the honey. It’s a healthy thing to eat. Comb honey, of course. My brother has kept bee hives. He presented us all with the prettiest honey.

N NY cat man That is quite a storm! Yikes! Do the kitties put on heavy winter coats there? My kitties get thicker fur even though it isn’t that bad here.

Furballsmom Furballsmom That Wanda Heart has the sweetest kitty smile! I can hear her purr from the next room too!
Su purr lative! :thumbsup:

I’ be been to upstate NY. It’s absolutely beautiful there.

I’m going to post this before it vanishes for good. Eight times it has slipped away. Nine.
I’ll be back with our smiles!

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This site has been glitchy.

Where my daughter lives, in a small coastal town in Alaska, they get 25 FEET of snow a year, or 300+ inches. They’re at sea level but surrounded by gorgeous mountains. The mountains get 500+ inches. They have top notch snow removal up there. The only way out of town is through those mountains!! They love it there.

Will precious Wanda Heart ever get the chance to show BJ how to play?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish that everyone who thinks of ferals as eating or chasing everything that moves could see the love that Banjo has for Froggie. With all the opportunities she has had to chase him when he has come inside, she has never done anything but protect him and swat the other cats away. The love for Froggie continues.

It’s getting a little cooler here now and we haven’t had any rain so Froggie isn’t visiting as much. The little tree frogs must stay well hydrated. Banjo has continued her vigil though. This is what her expressions say to me!

Where is my Froggie?
8D93F962-570B-4B5C-83A2-0BEE9F23328E.jpeg

Oh! Look!
A420C2A2-9090-4FC6-8EF6-2032D4225E01.jpeg

Hold me up so I can talk to Froggie!
C2EF93FA-359D-41C7-9303-3E77DB49C05D.jpeg

Up high!
62FD6716-6639-4119-816B-C0B22D89F59B.jpeg

Now. Put me next to the glass.
9967C18C-CF33-4619-A675-2CEF730A09E6.jpeg

Wait. He moved up!
74C00346-5B06-4EFF-839E-7F8D0F5FBC24.jpeg

Up higher now!
A8F312E8-9955-46B8-8C06-60A7458EE510.jpeg

Not again?!?!?!
B3AB46B2-812B-4BD8-B230-53FF0706A8B7.jpeg

Oh no! Let me down!!!!
4A3AEC5A-3FF7-4E4F-9714-98563420D316.jpeg

It’s that giant grasshopper again!
BE2CADD4-59F9-4312-B706-CB93EAC2783C.jpeg

Banjo doesn’t like that grasshopper. Froggie doesn’t either!
D7D44B4C-988D-4CBC-B36D-B1B5E4F12196.jpeg

Go find Froggie! I’m worried. :kitty:
24B315D5-81D0-40B4-8F20-7C9366726671.jpeg

Well. I had to spray the back of the house with water today but.....
I found ukelele....
85A1A558-E188-4E01-BEE2-B19162B7373D.jpeg

Sibling Zither
91177025-9FFD-411F-B094-BC7235A46F2B.jpeg

And then after dark, I saw the same kind of reflection you get from kitty eyes. Froggie!!!! I knew that frog was part cat! :lol: Banjo was greatly relieved.
EBEE75A9-61D3-4C44-BE7A-08EA5397502A.jpeg

Froggie had moved up higher on the house. He seems to avoid that grasshopper whenever it shows up. :dunno:
I guess the grasshopper is a grouch. :lol: I think Froggie is staying closer to the warmth of the porch light. I hate to think what Banjo will do when it’s time for Froggie to prepare for Winter. I may be building a Froggie house next to the glass of the back door! :flail:
:bicolorcat: Yes!
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jewely Jewely The site has been jumpy. It may by systems updates or some alterations. I have seen this here before but this time it’s as jumpy as Froggie!:hyper::lol:
It’s going to be up to Wanda Heart. My injuries have kept me from driving and I still have a couple of more tests to get through but nearly done. She has to have another round of shots AND she has to be spayed! Everyone here is fixed but a fertile female could cause some spraying or other interesting reactions. She is still scared of me opening the bedroom door too. I have a feeling she saw Muffin under the door and got a serious hiss. Maybe. Not really sure. She may also be afraid she will be dumped back outside. Poor sweet baby. She’s really happy with the other girls though. They don’t seem to mind that I shut their door so I guess for now we just maintain. I know that BJ will instantly claim her as another of ,”his girls!” I’m very curious about the reaction from Banjo, Whistle and Kodiak. As the youngest, I am hoping they will all play together. I know that Goldie and her Bear boys love the scent of Wanda Heart. They can’t get enough of rubbing against me when I have been playing with Wanda Heart. It’s very interesting to watch the interactions between the Clowder members. Cats are so loving and accepting of others. :heartshape:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they do grow heavy double coats for winter. After we brought Miss Eleanor inside this past February, she started shedding like crazy. When we combed her- she loves that, by the way- the dense under coat came out by the handful. Now she sheds no more than any other cat does.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The first spring after I adopted Ruby, she seemed to shed like crazy. So not sure if she had grown a winter coat before she was rescued or not. She was taken to the shelter in September, so it wouldn't have been cold yet. But maybe they start growing their winter coat early. Now that she's indoor only, I don't see any change in her shedding from season to season.

Enjoyed the latest installment of Banjo and Froggie. :redheartpump: So would Froggie have once been a baby frog like Ukelele and Zither? I can't believe frogs come that small !!!!

Strange some of you are having problems with the site. Is it just TCS, or other sites as well?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
And the 1998 Ice Storm. :eek2: Or was that just Upstate NY?
I remember that one. We lost power in Manchester for 3? weeks? I was working at Goodwill then if I remember correctly. It was brutal..our house was out for 2 days but the rest of the city had some bad areas that took 2 weeks or more.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, that grasshopper, which is a katydid, has a long-distance cousin that got eaten by a certain big black feline last evening.

Unlike when he eats actual 'hoppers, this one stayed down and didn't end up on the carpet :thumbsup:

I've been having a few instances of tcs booting me out and I have to log in again. I can't speak to other sites though.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yikes! I bet there was a run on generators after that storm. :cold:
EDIT. I misread your post...I thought it said run on groceries :lol: EDIT:lol2:

I don't remember...back then it wasn't unusual to go food shopping once a month and have quite a bit stocked up...I think we had a gas stove so we were able to cook and not sure about heat---it may have warmed up enough or we had a portable heater...that became a brain cramp-I was living in a basement of a lady during the 90s but I don't remember what years it was...I am sure everyone was scrambling to keep the pipes from freezing...now adays we don't stock like that-but I do-habits are hard to kill lol. and always having a gas stove is a plus.

Jcatbird Jcatbird Loved the frog.

Bee found a toad/frog yesterday afternoon and was playing with it...I think it got away..but it entertained her for a bit..it was down by the tire garden...It was raining out and she didn't care...she was in hunt mode..I call and call and no cat...till I looked down into the back yard and seen an orange cat butt sticking out between the tires...

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see your cat butt there, Bee! :winkcat:

Furballsmom Furballsmom Yes indeed, that is a katydid! Once when I was growing up, I was in a friend's back yard and one landed on my sweater sleeve. Instinctively I socked it. *NOT a good thing to do.* :sigh:

Jcatbird Jcatbird Yes, I'm still having to go to My Content to see your posts because I'm not getting any alert despite watching the thread. What's going on here? All kinds of weird stuff. I'm not having any problems elsewhere, only trouble accessing my old videos, which is an Administrator issue, and isn't going to be easy to fix? because I have so many levels of encryption. I'll have to fix it when I have the time, which is one thing I wish I had more of. :sigh:

Froggie and family are so cute! I didn't know frogs had tapetum lucidum (the membrane cats also have, which produces "eyeshine") and that definitely means he's family :yess:! *Still really loving your Cat Room color scheme and new flooring!*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ be been to upstate NY. It’s absolutely beautiful there.
Wait...You have?! Please PM me what area, I want to see if it's near me. :think:

Banjo doesn’t like that grasshopper.
Want Demi to come over? He loves to eat grasshoppers too. :devilish: Only problem is, he swallows 2 at a time whole, then barfs them up.

I remember that one. We lost power in Manchester for 3? weeks?
Yeah, it was torture being without a shower. Now we have a generator and we can even take showers or watch TV.

If you open the picture up, you can see an orange cat butt
Love the Honeybee butt. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
EDIT. I misread your post...I thought it said run on groceries :lol: EDIT:lol2:
A run on groceries, at least perishables and frozen foods, makes sense.

now adays we don't stock like that-but I do-habits are hard to kill lol.
There's such a fine line between stocking up so you'll have food for a weather emergency, and buying so much that all the best before dates come up before you have a chance to use them. :sigh:

If you open the picture up, you can see an orange cat butt:lol:
Ah, yes. There's the orange butt. :catman:

If the site problems persist, maybe make a thread in the Site Help just to be sure that the people who need to know are aware there's possible issues.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, @jacatbird, I had to laugh at Wanda and her climbing! I do NOT, however, laugh when Hekitty (all 11 pounds of her) does the same thing! Luckily, she only does it when I am holding raspberry sherbet, so I can control the damage somewhat!

I SAW THAT BEE BUTT, TOO! And a fine butt it is!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man shedding! Unh. I could make another cat per week! Lol

rubysmama rubysmama Froggie would have been even smaller than that to start out. About a quarter of that size. They are precious.
I am only having trouble here. I don’t know why but it’s getting difficult to post with pop ups taking the screen. It reminds me of when there is an update or interference. I even had a scam page show up. I’m investigating on my end but others report different issues. I am not getting alerts on some things. Hopefully it will pass.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Hmmmm. Maybe Banjo doesn’t like that bug because of what Katy did! :lol: She scared Froggie away.

foxxycat foxxycat That makes a great game for us! Can we find the Bee butt? Lol I did find her. Too funny! I guess frogs are popular with kitties.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The site problems are awful.I wonder how many people are missing posts or replies. This just went through as though finished and I had to edit to complete it.
I can pinpoint the day this all started. I hope the people I have been trying to help don’t feel abandoned. :(
I’m going to start again to try and finish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.