My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird *Serious armadillo envy* and thanking you for capturing and sharing the cuteness with all of us, including poor folks such as us, who do not EVER get to see armadillos in reality :sigh:
How is Muffin today? You know, one time Baby Su was running from Elvis and she injured her leg. I felt it and nothing was broken. She favored it for quite awhile, but it healed on its own and she is fine now. I hope it's the same for Muffin -- she certainly has LOTS of empathy, doesn't she? :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I say something along those lines when people start in on who they think "should" love who(m) -- Love is pretty amazing and actually fairly rare, and wherever it's found, it should certainly be celebrated, not criticized!
I'm with you! And if a cat and a frog fall in love, I'm all for it!

I never saw an armadillo before. Very cute.
AKA here in the Deep South, "possum on the half-shell."

Speaking of possums, Aussom the Possum was at the water bowl last night! I know it was Aussom 'cause he only backed up a foot when I opened the door.

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I stayed with Muffin until she seemed to feel better. She is putting her weight back on her foot now. Walking around if I go back in with her so I’ll be letting her rest. She has her carrier there along with a soft towel to lay on and her favorite food.

The house is very quiet tonight. Cats are amazing and compassionate creatures. Every cat in the house is staying still and subdued. BJ has gone to the bathroom door and asked to go in with Muffin. I’ll let him sniff her a bit before bed if she seems to want him in. Perhaps he can comfort her and report back to the other kitties.;) There is a lot of love here for Muffin. :hearthrob:

If love can heal, she’ll be just fine. :crossfingers:
Ahhhh, how is Muffin faring today? :sniffle:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@maggiedemi Oh yes! Muffin is a cuddler. Actually, all the kitties here cuddle when a spot is open except for Alley. She loves belly scratches but we are still working on the snuggling. She will climb in my lap though! She has made a lot of progress. Goldie and Blue tend to cuddle each other but will cuddle with me too. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama Never boring. I might like to try that a time or two though! :lol: Sounds relaxing.

@surya Thank you. Update good and coming below!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 It’s a 9 banded. They don’t curl up like a kitten but the babies do purr! :purr: If they get scared they also shoot straight up in the air like a kitty! The litters are always quadruplets! Very interesting little creatures. They even eat fire ants. Thank you dillos!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Glad you liked the Armadillo! I think the rabbit turtles are really cute! :p We have a lot around here but seeing young ones is not common.
Awww! Baby Su! Sympathy and empathy shared! Glad you are okay :heartshape:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 The frog and cat romance is cracking me up! All I have to say is, “ Where is froggy?” and the search is on! I guess none of us choose where we find love. :D Aussom the possum! :lol: Great name! My Brother has one at his house that curled up in his lap as he napped in a lounger in the basement! Surprise! :lol: She is Blossom the possum.

W walli Hi! I hope all is progressing well there! The Armadillo is cool! They are great at pest control and cute to watch. You did great remembering the name of my kitty. Banjo is the black and white one. Lol It does look like a furry mask with ears! :lol:
Her brother is Whistle. Pics of Whistle below.

Getting sleepy!
2423CBC1-B589-4174-B9C4-F3BAF3AD5AA6.jpeg

Going.....
22F001CC-5568-4ADC-9D71-853D6EA02430.jpeg

Going.....
38A7ADB6-E167-4ACD-8AA6-C90D579B503C.jpeg

Gone!
A71E1007-5E67-47AA-B605-EA5888B133F1.jpeg

Buffster7 Buffster7 It’s great that you joined us! Hi! You'll find some wonderful
people here. They have all been great support for me as I have gone through these kitty rescues. Thank you for asking about Muffin! I was just going to answer you, dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 and all the other wonderful people who asked about my sweet girl.
Muffin is much better today. She is still restricted to the bathroom but she’s loving the security and quiet. In fact, she may be liking it a little too much! She may not want to leave! Of course, all the extra treats given there may be adding to the atmosphere.:) The vet gave her an okay on her leg. She is just supposed to take it easy for awhile unless anything changes. I am so relieved! We had quite a scare! :thud:

Muffin is sending thanks and purrs to everyone for asking about her and hoping for healing.:redheartpump:
4311E556-4A9A-4AA8-8CF6-15864F88070B.jpeg

We are very lucky to have a good vet service here. Not only were they quick to respond they also have treated me at times! I have hurt my paw, errr, hand today. The vet says mine probably isn’t broken either! :lol: It is a bit hard to type right now though. This too will pass.....I’ll turn the typing over to our expert, Banjo! I can always rely on the kitties to help and offer healing. Banjo gave me acupuncture treatments earlier! Not sure if I really needed that.....:eek2: but maybe it will work.
CB5D47AE-D4DF-4DB8-B078-9EE1F81A3891.jpeg

Since paws and hands are healing, the other kitties can relax again. Mitsy will be watching over me.
00D0F8AB-123C-4B61-9556-4A946D3E26B1.jpeg

Kodiak will purr on my pillow.,
A9110820-FA0C-4800-B942-76A154AA5246.jpeg

Flowers will watch over the other kitties.
0C14FC15-EE3E-446B-A25E-51DBFC70043F.jpeg

And once again, BJ will demonstrate the best way to get some good kitten rest.....
7EC8796F-252E-4675-A62C-31F0559E5C20.jpeg

No one does it better!
4557A502-CFC9-4B06-B09E-6C2E57F21600.jpeg

:flail:
Have a great night/morning everyone! Thank you all for being so kind and for caring! :heartshape:

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Buffster7 Buffster7 It’s great that you joined us! Hi! You'll find some wonderful people here.
Hi @buffster. :wave2: Welcome to Jcatbird Jcatbird 's wonderful, ever-growing thread. And, of course, welcome to the entire TCS forum. If you'd like, you can "formally" introduce yourself and your cat(s) in our New Cats on the Block forum. :compsurfing:

Muffin is much better today. She is still restricted to the bathroom but she’s loving the security and quiet. In fact, she may be liking it a little too much! She may not want to leave! Of course, all the extra treats given there may be adding to the atmosphere.:) The vet gave her an okay on her leg. She is just supposed to take it easy for awhile unless anything changes. I am so relieved! We had quite a scare!
So glad to hear Miss Muffin is on the mend. Take it easy, pretty girl.
:lovecat3::lovecat::catlove:

I have hurt my paw, errr, hand today. The vet says mine probably isn’t broken either! :lol: It is a bit hard to type right now though. This too will pass.....I’ll turn the typing over to our expert, Banjo!
Oh no. Take care of that paw. :catman:

Banjo gave me acupuncture treatments earlier! Not sure if I really needed that.....:eek2: but maybe it will work.
:crackup: :flail: :lol: :catman:

Have a great night/morning everyone! Thank you all for being so kind and for caring! :heartshape:
And thanks, again, for sharing the stories of your cats with all of us. :petcat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi @buffster. :wave2: Welcome to Jcatbird Jcatbird 's wonderful, ever-growing thread. And, of course, welcome to the entire TCS forum. If you'd like, you can "formally" introduce yourself and your cat(s) in our New Cats on the Block forum. :compsurfing:

So glad to hear Miss Muffin is on the mend. Take it easy, pretty girl.
:lovecat3::lovecat::catlove:

Oh no. Take care of that paw. :catman:

:crackup: :flail: :lol: :catman:

And thanks, again, for sharing the stories of your cats with all of us. :petcat:
:yeah: How did you hurt your hand?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird , "cage rest" or its equivalent will probably put Muffin back to rights very soon *PRAYERS* :vibes::vibes::vibes:and you, too! Hope you don't have to do a lot involving your hand today, though it's so hard to rest hands when they do so much everyday work. I'm always thinking about that and trying to keep mine intact, because I'm such a klutz. How did you hurt yours? *Inquiring minds want to know!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! For those of you who don’t know....... Buffster7 Buffster7 caught a kitty she has been trying to help! :yess: Another rescuer among us! Hoping that the new kitty is calm tonight and does well at the vets’ tomorrow! As many of us do know, sometimes it’s hard to be a rescuer. It’s always great to have another person willing to join the effort to save kitties. :)

Little Miss Muffin came out of her room for awhile today. She wanted to visit the others at Breakfast but returned to her room a little later. She is much better but is enjoying the extra pampering.

rubysmama rubysmama You are very welcome! It’s always my pleasure to swap cat stories. I find a lot of great ones on TCS!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you for the prayers for Muffin! That always helps.

To you and dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I hurt my hand when the wind caught the car door. :eek2: My hand was grasping just above the top of the door frame and I got mashed! :shocked: It’s kind of black and blue but between the vet checking it out and Banjo giving me a treatment, I’ll be okay. I do have to keep using it but I’m kind of glad it wasn’t a foot or my nose!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been working on the cat room. I had to remove everything to start on installing the floor covering so it’s a bit of kitty chaos again. :lol: The kitties are not pleased that I disrupted their favorite space but I have to finish things up in there. We’ll all be glad when it is done!

After dark tonight I was working in the room by myself. I had to shut the kitties out when I started sticking tiles to the floor. Hair balls , cat tails and glue tend to find each other. Lol Just after I turned off the light and started to leave the room, I heard a small tapping noise. Hmmm. What is that? I kept hearing it so I stopped to investigate. Ha! Really? :noway: I found the source.

Hey human!
472CB9A4-7C76-4406-AAAF-2DE28F837C88.jpeg

Are you going to let me see Banjo tonight?
2773B97B-6330-4CBB-95B5-8C81691BC6E3.jpeg

Banjo!!!!! You have a visitor!
A5339462-5E3B-4396-A85A-5C075F37E7C6.jpeg

Hi Froggy!
7D39D074-7AA5-46AB-A37A-13BFB713AFB0.jpeg

Sorry I’m late but Mom wouldn’t let me out here tonight.
1798F266-7138-4846-8066-16C75883B170.jpeg

I was missing you Banjo!
4A342E25-7DF1-460B-A12D-D2D5CEC5CFD1.jpeg

I missed you too Froggy!
DD0A4F91-B29A-4D4E-9ABC-6EBDBB07A712.jpeg

:flail: Oh my! These two are so adorable together. I don’t know how that frog made the tiny tapping noise but I’m glad I heard it. I wouldn’t want to miss this! :kitty: Kitty love is priceless!:redheartpump:

I hope you all had a night full of kitty love. Good morning!:sunshine:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:flail: Oh my! These two are so adorable together. I don’t know how that frog made the tiny tapping noise but I’m glad I heard it. I wouldn’t want to miss this! :kitty: Kitty love is priceless!:redheartpump:
So totally adorable. Makes you almost believe in magic, and that the froggie really is a cat prince. :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! *PRAYERS* and best thoughts of wellness, healing, recuperation and "back to normal" for you! My mom got her thumb slammed in a car door once and she always said that's why that thumb was flat. *OUCH* My dad powered the car window up twice with my hand in it. *OUCH* but it doesn't seem to have done any lasting harm.

This froggy "tale" is just amazing! I can't explain it -- can anyone? -- but it definitely seems as if they have a relationship going. And the tapping?!! "Banjo, Banjo, where for art thou Banjo?":redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love is amazing. It comes in all shapes, sizes and forms. It transforms lives, it transforms the world when we let it. What wonderful lessons we can learn from our kittehs...and the occasional amphibian!
Isn't that just the truth? That is the sweetest story and I can't wait for the latest installment!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So totally adorable. Makes you almost believe in magic, and that the froggie really is a cat prince. :catlove:
I love that frog! :lol:
OMG, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! *PRAYERS* and best thoughts of wellness, healing, recuperation and "back to normal" for you! My mom got her thumb slammed in a car door once and she always said that's why that thumb was flat. *OUCH* My dad powered the car window up twice with my hand in it. *OUCH* but it doesn't seem to have done any lasting harm.

This froggy "tale" is just amazing! I can't explain it -- can anyone? -- but it definitely seems as if they have a relationship going. And the tapping?!! "Banjo, Banjo, where for art thou Banjo?":redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
Love is amazing. It comes in all shapes, sizes and forms. It transforms lives, it transforms the world when we let it. What wonderful lessons we can learn from our kittehs...and the occasional amphibian!
I am absolutely LOVING the story of Banjo and the frog! It has the makings of an adorable children's book!!

:D To all, I’m loving watching the story unfold too! Kitties are such loving creatures and now, I’m thinking froggies are too!!;) It’s so sweet to see them meeting each day/ night.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe this would be a great book for children. Love for all living creatures and love for those who might be a little different? :biggrin:Froggies is very different from Banjo but the love is obvious. Tonight I went out the back door and for the first time since she came in to live here, Banjo ran outside! :eek2: I was startled but no need to worry. Banjo immediately turned around to examine the door for froggie! :redheartpump: I didn’t see him so I brought Banjo back inside. I guess we may try a harness for Banjo again! She’s not afraid of outside if her Prince is there.:yess: It’s amazing what love can inspire. Banjo called her to love for quite awhile after that. I love her little voice. :kitty:

She sang, “ Someday my Prince will come......”
E72AE63C-3A2A-4C0F-B3E1-4FC385B61EF8.jpeg

She didn’t give up but she did seem to look a bit worried.
B965515D-0C81-4537-9465-A0D4AC79A9ED.jpeg

He should be here by now.
6413F04C-E839-4C2D-8CA0-FFEC874C010F.jpeg

Do you think he’s okay?
85F28772-E5DE-4B70-A3BE-198499FB4732.jpeg

Mom?
8348DA71-414D-4F1E-A101-7B3B6D545933.jpeg

I’m sure he’ll come Banjo.
BFBFAC45-08A4-48FD-9018-2C3B457530E4.jpeg

Froggie!!!!!
1767AC00-6B02-4C46-B5E5-A6D54AD80F42.jpeg

Froggie?!?!?
41EB321A-4084-4282-8B5B-68518915B8A5.jpeg

Can you hear me?
0E689065-D704-428F-B33B-1D6099E5EED7.jpeg

Ohhh! I see something!
FABB16DE-477C-4E55-8575-9FC2F2105252.jpeg

I think......
63EE8265-D741-4C9F-8D62-66A4A87D71C3.jpeg

It’s my Prince Mom!
78954236-1224-4EC1-9720-5C2F263F2CB9.jpeg

It is!!
8B9DB107-AB03-4149-8315-FE18A727ACDC.jpeg

Finally!
E14D29EB-572C-4FB0-87CB-A56287DCF6A6.jpeg

Here’s a kiss!
CC061633-C704-47ED-8014-2A2278566787.jpeg

What cha been doing today Froggie?
B8AEC8FD-DC21-47BE-A07C-7EEAB1E6A917.jpeg

It looks like we are all enjoying the story of Banjo and her Prince! :lol:
7B1F83DA-82BA-4A29-A64C-087943BA720A.jpeg

I have to admit, I was waiting for froggie to arrive too. ;) I was very happy for Banjo when he did. :redheartpump::redheartpump:

Froggie did come down for a Banjo kiss.
D30BD7FF-9F11-4B00-9B28-ABB356348C4F.jpeg

Then they just held hands for awhile.
8FD6F489-E4E0-473F-9280-C000CED55AA6.jpeg

Isn’t there a song that goes,”I believe in Magic, in a young girl’s heart” ?

Have a magical night/ morning everyone! :heartshape:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.