My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For those of you who were following my tweaking and "purr-fecting" of Jcatbird Jcatbird 's signature banner, you'll probably notice it's now in place. After some (behind the scenes) discussion we decided on a major tweak. Still has lots of cute cat pics, including some of the "stars" of this thread. :catrub:

Here it is, for anyone who might have signatures turned off, and would like to see it.
jcatbirdbanner7.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama The siggies are gorgeous -- all of them!
Jcatbird Jcatbird Wow. You are very brave. We get high winds here, and up in the Mojave they get truly frightening. The folks we bought from up there told us that once it blew the tin roof off the 4-stall barn. Now THAT would scare me.
So Banjo loves phones, eh? Maybe she'd like a job at Foxconn? :lolup::crackup: That seventh photo is indescribably amazing. :flail: *No translation needed.*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m loving the signature that Rubysmama accomplished for us all. I think it shows the story of the kitties and portrays the expressions of kitties when they find a safe place and food they don’t have to struggle for. Adopting and rescuing is all about the kitties. Purrfection on the banner! I hope others are as moved by these kitties as I have been. The banner does it for me!

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww.... Banjo. You're such a technologically advanced kitty. :catlove:
rubysmama rubysmama The siggies are gorgeous -- all of them!
Jcatbird Jcatbird Wow. You are very brave. We get high winds here, and up in the Mojave they get truly frightening. The folks we bought from up there told us that once it blew the tin roof off the 4-stall barn. Now THAT would scare me.
So Banjo loves phones, eh? Maybe she'd like a job at Foxconn? :lolup::crackup: That seventh photo is indescribably amazing. :flail: *No translation needed.*
I slept through this storm in 1998. When I woke up, the town was destroyed. :eek2:
January 1998 North American ice storm - Wikipedia
Banjo is a phone fan for sure. She is a tech cat! I probably need to get her a phone of her own! Lol

Tarasgrl I’m not brave, just used to the storms here. Maggiedemi sleeping through a storm? That’s brave! Lol

Glad you enjoyed Banjo’s little face. It’s easy to read what she thinks! If I didn’t, I feel sure she would find some other way to convey her opinion.:lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I agree 100% about the latest version of your beautiful banner -- you can just feel the comfort, happiness and sweetness of those precious cats in the photos! and the green background is not only very serene, it's also my favorite color :D
Yes, I guess we all get somewhat "used to" the weather where we live, but I would still say "brave" because it looks like that storm had some ferocity!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great day! Ours has been very busy. The kitties had a kitty sitter today! Lol I’m told they behaved very well. They are such good kitties! Bj greeted the sitter upon artiv and gave his approval. I was gone until fairly late in the evening and I’m tired. It was a bit of a split shift day. Busy morning and busy evening so I’m going to post and go to bed! I did stop before coming home and buy the kitties some treats. I found some toy fish that are made of compressed catnip. They are a big hit here. Apparently they are made of some very good catnip.

A cat sitter? Okay. I guess it’s okay. Petting is being offered.
0C608A02-17D8-4983-A89D-6B8D1F686D63.jpeg

Upon my return, Muffin helped open the package of catnip fish.

I have the package the catnip came in.Ummm!
3536BE44-1CF4-4140-9111-99CED50D0D76.jpeg

It even tastes good!
4A092918-7598-4D99-A798-35BA64B47EF1.jpeg

If the package is good....,imagine the toy!
51568177-A15A-477D-B93D-B6CEB7255ADA.jpeg

Of yeah. The fish is good.
FCB38BA5-8157-44E6-811A-8CBC98936E00.jpeg

Smells good.
47235B36-1FA0-433C-8649-878CB0710BA1.jpeg

Tastes good.
070C8A20-1F7F-4A7F-9D26-7675A1E83200.jpeg

Crunchy catnip is different.
E3319FDA-C12E-4CC6-88C8-3019B4735ED1.jpeg

This works for me
59210152-CE46-4406-BC28-1B843679E533.jpeg

I’m going to eat this fish.
BAF476DF-316E-4036-845E-FA69CB4DC511.jpeg

Fighting a fish that big wore me out! I think I need a rest.
86B08FC4-0BDD-4F09-969C-4288D8BD8153.jpeg

The whole house is quiet now and every cat is asleep!:lol: I’ll be going back for more of those toys! I think I’m going to take advantage of everyone napping at once. That never happens! My turn!
Have a great night everyone! We’ll see you all tomorrow! :heartshape:

Attachments

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, if you guys have any suggestions on where I could post looking for volunteers, let me know. I need to recruit cat people in LA, AL and TN.

My rescue friend is waiting on the vet's office to give her an estimate on the amputation for the kitty. Three legged kitties need to be kept indoors because it is hard for them to get away from predators. So if she can get him fixed up he will need a home. He is semi-feral and FIV+ so that will not be an easy to find. So he does need some prayers.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::crossfingers::crossfingers::sickcat::hangin::heartshape::grouphug::grouphug2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Muffin's colouring. So unique. :catlove:
He wasn't even scared of a stranger? That's amazing.

Me too. It's nice to see more of Muffin. :redheartpump:
I love the new banner! Good work, rubysmama!! I agree with maggiedemi's surprise that the kitty sitter didn't scare BJ. That's great!
Jcatbird Jcatbird Wow, what an exciting day for the furmily, making a new friend AND enjoying crunchy catnip fish! We have some crunchy catnip balls -- well, they used to be balls, until they were enjoyed, and now they are in fragments :dizzycat:
Hello everyone! To those who celebrate this day, Happy Easter. Make sure your kitties don’t chase the bunny!

:bunnydance::runningcat:

Muffins says to thank everyone for the compliments on her fur and being glad to see her. She is one of the shy kitties so that made her want to show off more! Lol

BJ was a little suspect of the sitter but he did a thorough exam and everything checked out. When a petting hand was offered immediately upon arrival BJ took that as a good indicator. He actually did his giraffe rub on the legs so the sitter was properly marked as being welcome. The other cats took note of that so all went well. Some of the kitties still decided to remain hidden but that was expected.

For anyone wanting to try a new treat, that compressed catnip was very popular. Even with the cats that usually don’t care about catnip.:dizzycat::lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! To those who celebrate this day, Happy Easter. Make sure your kitties don’t chase the bunny!

:bunnydance::runningcat:

Muffins says to thank everyone for the compliments on her fur and being glad to see her. She is one of the shy kitties so that made her want to show off more! Lol

BJ was a little suspect of the sitter but he did a thorough exam and everything checked out. When a petting hand was offered immediately upon arrival BJ took that as a good indicator. He actually did his giraffe rub on the legs so the sitter was properly marked as being welcome. The other cats took note of that so all went well. Some of the kitties still decided to remain hidden but that was expected.

For anyone wanting to try a new treat, that compressed catnip was very popular. Even with the cats that usually don’t care about catnip.:dizzycat::lol:
Excellent. A well-marked sitter is a joy to cats. :lolup::flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.