Resolved My favorite 'sad' emoji is gone?!?!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tried searching for it in older threads, but now that it (among other emojis) have been removed, instead of seeing a pic of it you get something like this:
[emoji]######[/emoji] (just as an example of one of them: [emoji]128546[/emoji] - don't know which one this actually was).

Why did you keep, what I think are some TheCatSite specific emojis, but get rid of others? I am sad [emoji]######[/emoji].

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried searching for it in older threads, but now that it (among other emojis) have been removed, instead of seeing a pic of it you get something like this:
[emoji]######[/emoji] (just as an example of one of them: [emoji]128546[/emoji] - don't know which one this actually was).

Why did you keep, what I think are some TheCatSite specific emojis, but get rid of others? I am sad [emoji]######[/emoji].
Which ones are you missing? These are the ones I see.

1570910501850.png

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the emoji is the sad face with the detailed expressive eyes rather than just 2 black dots. I think the emoji also has a bit of pink to the cheeks. It was just a more detailed face rather than just black dots and lines. He was a cute little guy and very expressive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think the emoji is the sad face with the detailed expressive eyes rather than just 2 black dots. I think the emoji also has a bit of pink to the cheeks. It was just a more detailed face rather than just black dots and lines. He was a cute little guy and very expressive.
Yes!!!!! And, I can't find it on the internet anywhere. But, glad to know I am not the only one who remembers it. So much better than the current one. Bummer.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This was a huge upgrade and there are definitely kinks that need to be worked out and it will take some time. I’m not sure what the answer is to this smiley, but fixing functionality needs to come first. Some issues have been mentioned in other threads, some people have sent PM’s and the Mods have behind the scenes functionality tweaks that need to be made as well. I’m sure at some point the aesthetic issues will be looked at, but it’s going to take time.

Thank you all for your patience.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't access all the emojis, so I have no idea what changes have been made in several sections or groups. [Insert 'Railing against modern society' emoji here, LOL] Truth be told, I miss the old pre-computer days of communicating via smoke signals... life was easier in those days.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I can't access all the emojis, so I have no idea what changes have been made in several sections or groups. [Insert 'Railing against modern society' emoji here, LOL] Truth be told, I miss the old pre-computer days of communicating via smoke signals... life was easier in those days.
Are you clicking the emoji symbol 🙂 at the top of the reply box after putting your cursor in the box, letting the emojis load, then scrolling down? I find I don't get the smilies till my cursor is blinking when I'm using my phone. 🔦

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For some reason, I can't scroll down to see the other emojis, and this laptop isn't that old, I reckon this glitch has something to do with the recent platform change. The only emojis I can use are the ones which appear at the top of the list or assortment, and those aren't always appropriate... :insertevillaugh: See what I mean? :yess:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner - I've got an answer for you. Unfortunately your sad emoji is gone and will not be coming back. It was the old version of the smilie that went with the older version of the software. The new one you see ins the newer version.