My ex is very sick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. Nothing much to report after the weekend, except that he is getting steadily weaker and is quite delirious, calling people by the wrong names, which is hard on his wife. He is also quite angry a lot of the time and wants to go home, something Faith says is impossible.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night he went into what the medical staff say is a final coma. Faith and her stepmother have both been there all day, holding his hand and talking to him, but with no response. Faith says he looks very peaceful. The end is very close.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just now catching up to this thread, but I will be sending lots of prayers and vibes that way that his passing is gentle and quick and Faith and everyone else holds up as best as possible

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just checking in for whatever news and to leave more vibes and prayers that the end is peaceful for everyone.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again to everyone. Last night his breathing had become irregular and noisy. Faith and her stepmother spent all day with him again, holding his hands and reading/talking to him in case he could hear anything but Faith said to me she knew 'Daddy isn't there any more'. So we are waiting for the actual end, and everyone hopes it will be soon. His nephews arrive today and Faith will help his wife deal with that visit, as she has only ever met them once.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw Jenny, while I am sorry to hear this, I am glad that his time is seeming to end fairly quickly with little pain...I would much rather that than long drawn out illness.

Many
and comfort to all. May he ease into his final resting spot with no pain, and be free from all discomforts. My heart goes out to all involved.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Faith's dad died this morning, peacefully, without waking up. Faith and her stepmother are dealing with it OK, smiling through their tears and glad he did not have to suffer any longer. Faith is staying there for the moment, her step-sister is flying in tonight from Australia, and they will between them arrange support for his wife. There is no time announced yet for the funeral - there is a meeting on Monday.

Thank you all again for the vibes and online support. When Faith comes here, probably in early June, I shall go through this thread with her, and I am sure she will take comfort from the help and sympathy expressed by so many people from around the world.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your family's loss and wish them the strength to get through this difficult time.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this news, but glad that it seems to have been a peaceful passing. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Faith's dad died this morning, peacefully, without waking up. Faith and her stepmother are dealing with it OK, smiling through their tears and glad he did not have to suffer any longer. Faith is staying there for the moment, her step-sister is flying in tonight from Australia, and they will between them arrange support for his wife. There is no time announced yet for the funeral - there is a meeting on Monday.

Thank you all again for the vibes and online support. When Faith comes here, probably in early June, I shall go through this thread with her, and I am sure she will take comfort from the help and sympathy expressed by so many people from around the world.
I'm so sorry to read that Faith's father died

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sad to hear it is over; but glad he had a peaceful passing with his loved ones around him. I'm sure that was such a comfort to him. My prayers are with Faith, her step-mom and the rest of the family.