My elderly cat has a blood test today[thyroid].....With the amount of blood, how much can that amoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is 17 down to 6 pounds from 8 pounds a few months ago [hyperthroidism. treated daily with tapezole for 6 years]

She is fragile,end weeks or days of life most likely..but we have been saying that for 3 years . This time its looks for real. I have my own illness which allows me to be with her almost 24/7 like a protective shield. and i am happy with that.

Anyways, when they took blood today for the thyroid exam at the Vet, should i expect her to have some sort of grogginess or anything? from the removal  of her blood for the test?

edit- blood was drawn from her back paw

edit-she also her nails cut [they were big]

edit-late this evening, found her sleeping in the litter box and did not want to come out or could not come out/  i carried her to her bed to lay and rest

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for what you are both going through. Have you spoken to the vet about whether you will want to put her to sleep? It might be wise to have a plan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes.

Putting aside todays post VET visit 'condition' , she has eats 3x a day,drinks water, enjoys a daily 5 minute walk outdoors,looking out the window.

Her last wellness exam, her heart, lung's teeth, were excellent.

The trip today for thyroid exam seems to have aged her in the hours afterward.  I dont understand how that could be.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible that she's just exhausted from a stressful day. Watch and see if she is eating, drinking, and using the litter box on her own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sad to announce, during the past 4 hours since i posted, she lost hew bowels as she laid. I called the vet, rushed her to the vet at 1230am...she was in the process of dying, heart racing. Had her put to sleep.  It was painless. Stayed with her thou the process.  She died from complications of  Hyperthyroidism.

Thanks for helping

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Saying I'm sorry to someone who's lost a loved one (whether the human or furry kind) never seems like enough, but I am. I'm sorry for your heartache and for what the two of you had to go through. This is never easy, but your furry one is at peace now and thank goodness you were able to be there till the end.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry about the loss of your sweet girl.  We will close the thread now out of respect for your loss.  We invite you to post a tribute to your kitty in our Crossing the Bridge forum.  RIP, little kitty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.