My eBay bestseller

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I started cleaning out the closet and selling some stuff on eBay. I put up for sale some collectible vintage computer games and other miscellaneous stuff. And my bestseller?

3.5" FLOPPY DISKS!!! Who woulda known? I put up two of these 50-packs and they sold out faster than any of my collectibles. One went to someone living in Soddy Daisy, TN and the other to Yuma, AZ. It looks like both people live in trailer parks.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I started cleaning out the closet and selling some stuff on eBay. I put up for sale some collectible vintage computer games and other miscellaneous stuff. And my bestseller?

3.5" FLOPPY DISKS!!! Who woulda known? I put up two of these 50-packs and they sold out faster than any of my collectibles. One went to someone living in Soddy Daisy, TN and the other to Yuma, AZ. It looks like both people live in trailer parks.
Or collectors. If I see a floppy disk or Iomega zip drive on sale for good price I'm so buying it.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Iomega zip drive!  Wow, I used to have two or three of them--that was top of the line technology 'back in the day'.   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Iomega zip drive!  Wow, I used to have two or three of them--that was top of the line technology 'back in the day'.   
I still have one! I saved a bunch of e-mails that I want for sentimental reasons, plus some other miscellaneous files. But I have to get up off my duff, find the drive, set it up, and transfer the data. I initially got it because I did graphic design and that was the storage medium of choice.

In case anyone's wondering, I had the floppy disks because I collect vintage computer games. For a while it was popular for people you traded or sold to to ask for transfer of data from 5.25" floppies to 3.5" disks so that they could play the game. Now most don't really care because they can easily find the game on an abandonware site and download it. They buy the game more for the packaging and peripheral contents. Some of the peripheral contents could be interesting. They were stuff like cloth maps, runes, balloons, monster field guides, etc. It's kinda like collecting old board games. Some of the stuff gets lost, so if you have a complete game, it's worth more. Likewise if you have something in great condition or shrinkwrapped.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow!  I bet i have some of those lying around.  All used; but still lying around!  

Those darn floppy disks...  I had a classmate in college have to repeat an entire course and change his graduation date because his disk corrupted right before finals and he lost all of his semester's drawings.  (Architecture CAD drawings.)  Poor guy.  

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband has a junk closet with things liek this and spare computer parts! :lol3:

Or collectors. If I see a floppy disk or Iomega zip drive on sale for good price I'm so buying it.
There is probably some in Aaron's closet. :lol3: