My Dogs, Cats and Tarantulas!

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This my cat Moki she is 2

Here is Mama (Moki's mom and my parents cat) she is 3 or 4

This is Rin she is my other cat and she is 8 months old and feisty!

Sadie is Rin's sister and belongs to my parents, also 8 months old and is the sweetest cat ever and also really lazy!

This is my moms cat Lilly she is fat and I've been helping here lose weight, she is really shy but sweet

Here is Pudge, he's my husbands dog and is 11, he is also losing weight this is an old photo

Chewy is my other dog, he is 6

This is Nimhe, she is a Grammostola rosea (Rose hair tarantula) and is 5 1/2"

Here is Azula she is a Brachypelma smithi (Mexican red knee tarantula) and is 4 1/2"

Akito is unsexed and is a Brachypelma boehmei (Mexican Fireleg tarantula) she is 1 1/2" and still has a lot of growing to do!

I haven't named this tarantula yet (unsexed Brachypelma emilia or Mexican redleg) it is 2 1/2" and also has a lot of growing to do!

and lastly this my parents dog Buddy he is 1

Kitty Amazing is the stray I'm caring for

that's everyone :)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous pets. l love Sadie's cute face, what a beauty.

l'm terrified of spiders, but can see the cuteness of the big furry ones. l love the red kneecaps 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous pets. l love Sadie's cute face, what a beauty.

l'm terrified of spiders, but can see the cuteness of the big furry ones. l love the red kneecaps 
Thanks! Sadie is a very docile, cuddly, lazy kitty. She sleeps next to me and I hold her like a teddy bear most nights. :) I have to make her leave the bedroom not because she's shy but because she just loves sleeping in there. I have to make sure to get her to play a lot since she's such a couch potato, actually we all call her potato on occasion.

The two little spiders I have will have even more red on them, I can't wait until they are fully grown and showing off striking colors!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like you have an exciting household.

So, uhm... are the tarantulas "kitty TV'?  

I'm not one for keeping bugs as pets, but I do love to peruse the pictures at What's That Bug .  I've learned a lot of little factoids from that site... like black widows are actually nearly blind. 

Also, if you like mixing bugs with Superhero Fiction, there's this nifty web serial called Worm.  It's well written and engaging.  I accept no responsibility for lost sleep if you decide to read it!

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like you have an exciting household.

So, uhm... are the tarantulas "kitty TV'?  

I'm not one for keeping bugs as pets, but I do love to peruse the pictures at What's That Bug .  I've learned a lot of little factoids from that site... like black widows are actually nearly blind. 

Also, if you like mixing bugs with Superhero Fiction, there's this nifty web serial called Worm.  It's well written and engaging.  I accept no responsibility for lost sleep if you decide to read it!
The cats would love to use the spiders as kitty tv but I keep the tarantulas in my game room so they are safe :). I do let the cats in that room if I'm in there as well but never alone, I wouldn't want the cats to get bit as it could cause some issues although the tarantulas I keep don't have very strong venom.

Thanks for the info on Worm, I'll check it out!

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was curious whether or not they had been de-poisoned. I'm not scared of spiders but I wouldn't be able to sleep in a house with GIGANTIC VENOMOUS SPIDERS... YIKES!

They are very beautiful though especially the red haired one.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And here she is from underneath so you can see her fangs.

This is Azula from underneath, see those dark roundish looking spots on the abdomen? They are the tarantulas lungs also known as book lungs, there are four of them the two closer to the midsection are smaller.  Sorry I just love talking about tarantulas, I'll stop here for now ;)

catsandkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Love the dogs and the cats, but the tarantulas! I salute you! I would never ever live with one! Wow! You are brave

billdolfski

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Woo hoo!  Another spider person.

If that rosea is a confirmed female, which you probably know, you're gonna have that one for a long time.  Funny, mine don't drink water either... I think they get all they need from humidity when they breath.  Some drink, some seem like they never do.

Seem like you've got all docile species, do you handle yours?  BTW, your B smithi is very nice.  Good looking spider and a species a lot of folks love.  If that's a female which it looks heavy like one (I don't really trust by guessing... you really need to get somebody competent to check your molt.  One they are penultimate you can usually tell pretty well, or definitely when they come out a male and it's obvious.

I've had a bunch but I honestly never wanted a whole lot at once so I got rid of most of them.  All I kept was an A versicolor that sadly died on me, a Grammostola pulchra (she's my baby) and an overly hateful Nhandu chromatus.  They're known to be skittish but I see a lot of people that handle theirs.  She doesn't throw hair at all, she either runs or bites and it's a bout a 50/50 gamble what she's gonna do when she gets disturbed.

billdolfski

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to ask.  Are you into true spiders as well or just Ts?  I always liked Ts when I was younger because they were big but as I've gotten older I've found true spiders to be much more interesting.