My Dog Found A Kitten

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dog nearly stepped on this wee kitten, found on a bush trail, not close to a road. It's a mystery how it got there - dumped? Born to a feral? I looked and listened, I hope there were not any more. I bundled it up in my high vis safety vest and we cut our walk short and headed back to the car, then home. Upon a better look at home I put it at about 3 weeks old. Wee, wee thing. Not looking for help, just wanted to show you. This is day 4, it's coming around, eats on it's own, poops on it's own, is letting me pick it up and seems to like snuggling on my lap for pets. And here again, for those who may remember a years ago post from me, is the Magic Stick in action. It allows me to entice play while keeping my scary hand movement to a minimum and it allows pets, again with my scary human hand at a distance. First photo is within hours of getting home July 20 and it was still very frightened. Oops, no, sorry, looks like I can't post the magic stick video.
View attachment Kitten Found Hendrie 072022 _7201097 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm, I can't view the video, maybe try this approach;

To post your video:
In the toolbar at the top of the post, click on the small arrow as shown:

Insert box.jpg

It will produce a drop down box.
Click on the Media option:

Media drop down box.jpg

A box will appear where you can paste the URL. Paste it there, then click 'continue' at the bottom and your video should appear.
If it doesn't, it is from a source that is not accommodated by this platform.

URL for media.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tried again, it just won't go. How do others post urls from FB? What I did was click my FB post and copy and paste the url from it. No go. Wait, wait, brainwave, have to make the FB post public. :) Duh.

Last edited:

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And now I know how to post video from FB, here is another. This shows a major breakthrough that started last night - my hands are no longer frightening her and I am getting the tail up response to full body pets, head rubs on my fingers, and full body rubs on my feet when I'm standing. With the tail up response I'm getting a better view of the back end and I think it's a girl. Everything is pretty small and close together there but I think I see the little semi-colon. ; )

RavenG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a small bean.

One of my cats we found that age too, couldn't believe how small she was. She's healthy as could be and while she is not as social and snuggly as our other cats she has taken the role of babysitter and referee for our newest kitten and gained so much confidence.

I am glad your dog found them and not some other animal. Make sure you spoil them rotten

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She (current guess) is a little cutie-patootie. And very quick and precocious. She's been trying to use my legs for sharpening posts. OK when I am dressed in thick socks and blue jeans ,but of course not to be encouraged at all. I brought in the top of a cedar fence post, showed her how I can sharpen my claws (fingernails) on it and in a few seconds she was using it for her own little hooks. I am trying to get video of her playing with a blue foamy ball that she was quite apprehensive of when I bought it three days ago, but now she plays with it. And video of her purring as she cuddles with me would be nice too. I figure she is 4 weeks old today; I've made her birthday Canada Day. She weighs 20 oz., actually that seems high to me, maybe I will weigh again tomorrow. Will I keep her? Well I shouldn't, she would be cat #8, but you can tell I am in love.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
An update on little Hendri/etta, named for the county forest we found her in. I put her at 5 weeks today. Still a small kitten but brave and confident, with me. I am a bit disappointed she hid from my sister, who sounds a lot like me. Our other pets and kids have always reacted to the sameness of our voices but little Hendrie hid. She is just like a regular pet cat with me, comes to see me, wants a pet, purrs, cuddles, then wants to play. Yesterday I trimmed her little hooks because she tries to climb up my legs and those wee sabres are sharp. I got wee mews and wiggles of protest but not panicked, scared to death struggle to get away.

Right now she is challenging the latest feral to take up residence here, Tuffy, who one Vet puts at 17 years old. Tuffy has been neutered for two years and in the house for just over one. So far he is the cat most tolerant of wee upstart Hendrie. I am close and watching and he is watching too as she advances toward him, prepared to take him down, LOL, and he lifts one big paw (he weighs 17 pounds) and gives her a gentle swat. She tries again and his swat is a little more decisive. He's good for her.

The dog who found her is afraid of her. Silly pup.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get ready for what might be the most exciting video you will see on cats. LOL Little Hendri/etta falling asleep on my lap after a busy round of play. I am allowing her access to parts of the house and she loves her freedom but still chooses to be with me when she's tired herself out. I am sitting at my computer in this video. Hendrie has managed to make me delete a photo I wanted to keep and caused a post to go to the wrong group. Little monkey.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is beyond precious!!!!!! This is not helping my kitten fever but I don't care :p

" Hendrie has managed to make me delete a photo I wanted to keep and caused a post to go to the wrong group. Little monkey. "

:lol: Somehow mine can bring up apps and download things I never asked for without me having the slightest idea how they did it.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Little Hendri/etta is 6 weeks old today. She weighs just a smidge over 2 pounds. Here she is playing with one of those inside golf balls. Since Lucy-cat got this in her teeth and was stuck with it in her mouth, teeth in the holes, I am careful to always supervise when they play with this ball. It makes a nice noise in the tub and the tub walls keep it contained.