My Dog And A Feral I Cared For..

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Meet my beloved dog , Scallywag , who died late last year. She was a rescue, half Jack Russell, half Bassett hound... The cat was Sum Sum, short for "something pretty" a feral who came to me at that house. He has no idea the dog is there! Tried to bring him with me when I left that house but did not know how territorial ferals are and when I opened the crate at the new house, he took off at the speed of light. I heard the birds yelling for a while but never saw him again. He would sit on my lap happily and be petted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A lovely photo. I'm so sorry that you lost your dog, he looks very gentle.
She ) the dog) was a character. Miss her so much ....she was so happy here. One day when we were new, she ran ahead of me and stopped at the entrance to a boreen that led down to the shore. Looked at me to ask permission and when I said GO! she raced off at high speed, ears and tail flying in the wind... Still have not managed to go down that boreen since she died.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She ) the dog) was a character. Miss her so much ....she was so happy here. One day when we were new, she ran ahead of me and stopped at the entrance to a boreen that led down to the shore. Looked at me to ask permission and when I said GO! she raced off at high speed, ears and tail flying in the wind... Still have not managed to go down that boreen since she died.
and now tears.. sorry I thought I was better than this!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your dog. I had a childhood dog I lost and until now after decades I still mourn for him. Sadness just does not go away. :(

I also have feral and non-feral cats that I feed everyday. It is a joy being able to care for them.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tears are fine. It shows how much you cared and its still so fresh for you. I lost my two cats within 6 months of each other in 2015 and still miss them dearly. I only have to think of them and I tear up. Keep posting your lovely photos for us to see.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Still have not managed to go down that boreen since she died.
If it helps just a little, you are not alone. :hugs: We can all relate to the loss of a special furry friend. When the time came for our dog to leave us I was beside myself with grief. I still have his leash and collar hanging on a hook beside the door where we would leave the house for our walks. So I can fully understand you not being able to go down that boreen. :frown: Memories are forever and tears bring back the fond moments we shared together. :rbheart:

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it helps just a little, you are not alone. :hugs: We can all relate to the loss of a special furry friend. When the time came for our dog to leave us I was beside myself with grief. I still have his leash and collar hanging on a hook beside the door where we would leave the house for our walks. So I can fully understand you not being able to go down that boreen. :frown: Memories are forever and tears bring back the fond moments we shared together. :rbheart:
You must have good eyes and can see Scallywag's collar in the hall here... Bless you! So many hard memories of her last week and fight for life. When I get past them... I have kind neighbours and 2 brothers, stalwart island men, came and dug her grave. I had to go in again to bury Beata the day after. I was stunned. I know you folk here know and care. Bless you and thank you

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You must have good eyes and can see Scallywag's collar in the hall here... Bless you!
I'm not going to tell you that it gets easier, not a day goes by that I don't think of our dear pup. :sniffle: But we adopted him when he was 1 year old and he lived to the ripe old age of 16 which is unusual for a medium-large breed. We shared 15 glorious years together until he could no longer get up or live life like a dog deserved to so I try to remind myself that he graced our house with warmth and dignity. I know you understand these feelings too. Sending caring thoughts your way as you mourn the loss of Scallywag. :hugs: