My doctor said a strange thing to me!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Drinking coke that has gone a bit flat can be used to help nausea.  My nurse supervisor drinks diet drinks as a rule, but when she gets sick at work she will drink a can of regular Pepsi. 
Drinking flat coke is something i've heard a lot about as well.

I love diet cherry coke so l wonder if that's how l never get upset an stomach?. We were just taking about them today and it's been so long since i've had an upset stomach l can't think when it was?!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about that, but my mom always drank carbonated drinks when she had an upset stomach, and when anyone was sick in our family, we got "sick food" such as 7-up, saltine crackers, and celery.  *Don't ask -- I have no idea!*

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard of drinking slightly flat cola, I was told this during my pregnancy and it did help.x

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid it was 7up and saltines crackers.  My hubby was given beer, and his father was a Navy surgeon!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking de-fizzed Coke was recommended alot.   It seems like it had to be the real Coca-Cola and stir to remove the carbonation.  Maybe because too diarrhea causes dehydration this is one way of getting fluids back in body?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My doctor had recommended coke syrup for nausea and it works very well.