My Champion Mouser

cyndilaupurrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of the reasons I got Cyndi last winter was to help with the mice problem in my cottage so far she has 8 and am pretty sure the word has spread cause have not seen evidence of or heard a mouse in a while. So managed to capture the action in this video, sorry the lighting and video sux, was 3 in the morning and was sound asleep when the fun started.

Would love to see a thread started with any videos or pics of your killler kittys, 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was gifted with a MOUSE early one morning! 

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, LOL. So, I just said, "Ohhhhhh, thank you so much!" and went back to sleep.

My boys have the right idea, but they need to work on it a bit. Fortunately, I don't have any 'live' mice here - unfortunately, I have to keep replacing the ones they catch for me!

Here is a pic of Kricket with his first catch!

View media item 322667

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sister just sent me some videos of our family mousers via snapshot! Unfortunately, you can't screenshot a video, but I did get the picture ;)
Zimmie's their youngest, and not a real great mouser, but Elijah is fantastic! He used to catch mice every winter. You can tell just by looking at him if there's a mouse in the house somewhere. Kill-mode kitty. My dad had to pry the first one out of his little jaws. :lol3:
Ruby's a great hunter too, but she hasn't gotten to catch anything in a while since she can't go outside anymore.
She caught a bird once! We tried to take care of it 'cause she didn't kill it before bringing it to us, just broke its wing.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a serious mice problem until I got Mingo. He's caught nine mice so far. He loves to play (torture) them before he gives them the coup de grace. The last two he ate. He loves to chase them, and when they stop, he will poke them with a paw to get them to run again. Here is his first mouse.

lunalux

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Luna couldn't care less about mice and rats. We have two pet rats and while she isn't particularly fond of them, she has better things to do than try and kill them, lol. She used to try and claim her adopted brother's catches as her own, though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyndilaupurrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the replies so far,

Forgot to mention, Cyndi actually only killed one, now after that she plays with it a bit then brings it to me for disposal. I then catch it in a coffee Tin and dump it outside.

I figure if it can avoid being eaten by a Fox or Owl and find it's way home  then it deserves a second chance at living.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for all the replies so far,

Forgot to mention, Cyndi actually only killed one, now after that she plays with it a bit then brings it to me for disposal. I then catch it in a coffee Tin and dump it outside.

I figure if it can avoid being eaten by a Fox or Owl and find it's way home  then it deserves a second chance at living.
You DO realize that when you dump it back outside, it will be 'home' within an hour because your home IS its home?