My cats tongue

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So i saw this yesterday under my cats tongue 2 dots like blood but its not bleeding I thought it was but its not i opened and checked her mouth it looks fine she is normal eating drinking playing she’s almost 3 years old i called my vet but he is not answering idk she bite her tongue or what
5C0C1A2A-6E0D-468E-B1F6-4158C889E093.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I suppose a cat could bite their tongue just like humans do, but it seems a bit unlikely - or, at least, I have never heard much about it. Do those marks line up with teeth? Perhaps, something is going on with those teeth that is causing the issue? Could those be the result of a cat 'fight'/hard play? Has anything changed about her food or how she eats? Sometimes, cats that eat too fast can accidentally bite their tongue. Other than monitoring those places, you could send a pic to the vet and see if that helps get them to respond to you. Odds are they will tell you to keep an eye on them, to see if they heal on their own, get bigger, or start to really bleed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I suppose a cat could bite their tongue just like humans do, but it seems a bit unlikely - or, at least, I have never heard much about it. Do those marks line up with teeth? Perhaps, something is going on with those teeth that is causing the issue? Could those be the result of a cat 'fight'/hard play? Has anything changed about her food or how she eats? Sometimes, cats that eat too fast can accidentally bite their tongue. Other than monitoring those places, you could send a pic to the vet and see if that helps get them to respond to you. Odds are they will tell you to keep an eye on them, to see if they heal on their own, get bigger, or start to really bleed.
no change is food no fight sometimes she eat fast when she hungry she play with my kitten but sometimes she gets angry at her for chasing and jumping all over her so she hiss at the kitten I checked her teeth looks normal to me i send the pic to my vet hopefully he replies 😞

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i send the pic to my vet hopefully he replies 😞
I'm glad you sent your vet the picture. 👍 Please let us know what he replies since we'll be curious to know what the problem with her tongue is too. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you sent your vet the picture. 👍 Please let us know what he replies since we'll be curious to know what the problem with her tongue is too. Good luck!

my vet didn’t reply and i was trying other vets here we are in lockdown and they all trying to get money as they all told me to come and check but my vet said it was bite next day redness was very less and after 2 days it should be gone I don’t see any redness maybe a little is there but its not visible to my eye so it should be completely healed after 2 or 3 days .. its sad how vets don’t care and just want money