My Cat's Tail Is Bleeding

IsaacNutton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat's been sleeping in my room a lot lately and he always cuddles against my bag. I woke up today and right now he's sleeping against my bag but when I went to go check on him, I saw a small pool of blood. By small, I mean very small. About as big as a quarter but it's still blood. His tail's broken and my family's too poor to bring him to a vet so we're waiting for it to heal on its own. I've done some research and I've been told that it's okay to put anti-biotic cream on the area that's bloody and then put a bandaid on it. We don't have any for animals though and we can't go to the store for our own reasons. Is it okay to put a normal bandaid on him (the brand is Curad in case anyone's wondering) and is it okay to put a normal antibiotic cream on him? I don't see the wound bleeding anymore and it looks like it's scabbing over but I'm still worried. Please help

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be careful of any cream because the cat could lick it. What are the ingredients? How did he break his tail, did it get caught in the bag?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IsaacNutton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would be careful of any cream because the cat could lick it. What are the ingredients? How did he break his tail, did it get caught in the bag?
He broke his tail by falling off a wall but he's been healing since then. It happened when he went outside one time and we've been keeping an eye on him since. I just checked and I think it did get caught on my bag's zipper so I moved it away from him.
He just licked away the blood himself and he doesn't look like he's in pain. I can't find the cream anymore but I do have a bandaid that says it has cream built in with it. Would it be okay to put it on him??

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea. Does it say the ingredients of the cream in the bandaid?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IsaacNutton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It did and I put it on him yesterday. I looked up all the ingredients and they all seemed fine unless he tries to eat it. He seems fine now so it's good