My cats pregnant and maybe in labour?

Courtney lewis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I need help! I’m not sure how far along my cat is but I do know this is her second liter within a few months apart! She’s acting like she’s irritated and just lays on the couch all day or wants me all the time like she’s striving for attention a lot her nipples are dry and her stomach is very large and hard. She licks herself a lot but I haven’t really noticed her liking her genital areas often. I want to make sure everything is okay I’ve never dealt with a cat having babies before and can’t afford to take her to the vet or find one at this moment someone help!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Where was this cat for her first litter? It sounds like she was not with you. When did you get her? Was she already pregnant with her second litter when you got her?

Hopefully, this is her second and last litter now that you have her, and she will NOT be allowed outside ever again to mate, and you’ll have her spayed when this litter weans around 8 weeks.

In the meantime, it sounds like she is very close to the end of her pregnancy, and her kittens are due soon. However, it could still be a week or two, or just a few days. Hard to say since we don’t know when she conceived or if she was already pregnant when you got her.

Cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days on average. If her nipples are dry, apply coconut oil or olive oil daily to relieve the dryness. It helps mom a lot.

Here are some helpful links:

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth – TheCatSite Articles

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! – TheCatSite Articles

Wishing you all the best. Hope you’ve made a nest for her to use and she knows it’s there. Please update with further information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Courtney lewis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so I got this cat a month and a half ago. I do believe maybe a little longer than that. Her belly was sagging and she looked skinny. And rough she’s well fed here though and token care of. She had gotten outside of my house a couple weeks after I got her and some cat had trapped her underneath my neighbors trailer after I had been looking hours for her. I finally found her and the cat that had trapped her underneath my trailer was very mean and aggressive. She is now kept inside at all times besides when she bolts out the door but I catch her right away. Her stomach now is hard she still has a appetite I have felt her stomach and didn’t feel any movement of the kittens and usually they are very active u can literally feel their tiny paws through her stomach she has been hiding and looking for places in my bedroom once in awhile. She likes to lay on the couch or the hard floor and she can barely sit she acts like she’s sore. But doesn’t have any issues with me touching her stomach but has issues with my dad or gf touching her stomach she will bite. Sorry about my long reply but I made sure I didn’t leave anything out

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do NOT let her outside at all or ever again until she is spayed when kittens are 8 weeks old. Make an appointment and put aside the money starting now.

It is still difficult for me to know if she was already pregnant when you got her or if she conceived a couple of weeks later. Either way, she is due sooner rather than later. Likely within a couple of weeks if not sooner.

Read the links I shared, keep a close watch on her, oil her nipples and mammary areas, feed her extremely well, and keep us posted.