My cats front paw has a crooked nail.

Handsomesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I adopted a cat a month or so ago, and everything seemed fine. A few weeks ago he started to limp or pull up his front paw while he walks. After looking, I seen that one of his nails is alot thicker than the rest and its sort of side ways. I looked on google, say stuff aboht ingrown nails, but his nail just looks crooked. Idk. Just need some advice.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If my cat Coco scratches on sisal she will get her claws stuck. I have the vet trim them. I only have corrugated scratchers instea

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely, it is a trimming issue. Have you tried trimming his claws yet? If you can't, perhaps you could consult your vet or a cat groomer.

If you can post a picture, please do so. It would help us help you (not sure how many posts you need to have before you can attach pix).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey has a dew claw which seems as if it could become an ingrown claw, if the claws were not trimmed on schedule. It curves in towards the pad.

I just make sure, that I keep his nails trimmed short.

If you have any questions, I would take a picture of the claw, send it to your Vet for advice. Or take him in to the Vet for a nail trim. You can ask about that claw during that time...