My cats favorite canned food is.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Holistic Flaked Pork is Lucky's current  canned favorite.  For a while it seemed to be a 95% Beef found at Walmart.  He is still a dry food junkie tho & likes Iams Classic Chicken dry to snack on during the day between wet food meals. He wasn't able to have the dry for a whlle, awaiting dental extractions & just after, so we were scrambling trying to find something he really liked. He also likes Fancy Feast Classic & Creamy Broths as a treat now & then. He wasn't drinking water it seemed while eating the wet, so I gave him more broth then.  But I suppose he just didn't need as much with the wet food only.
Since wet is best for cat health you will not see them drink much on a wet diet, like in the wild they get moisture from prey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Holistic Flaked Pork is Lucky's current  canned favorite.  For a while it seemed to be a 95% Beef found at Walmart.  He is still a dry food junkie tho & likes Iams Classic Chicken dry to snack on during the day between wet food meals. He wasn't able to have the dry for a whlle, awaiting dental extractions & just after, so we were scrambling trying to find something he really liked. He also likes Fancy Feast Classic & Creamy Broths as a treat now & then. He wasn't drinking water it seemed while eating the wet, so I gave him more broth then.  But I suppose he just didn't need as much with the wet food only.
I just tried Hollistic pork, mine liked it also.

luckybabycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I knew he always loved a taste of pork from the table. That's when I bought it. Then I found out there seemed to be only one other brand that canned pork for cats! That is Instinct.  But picky Lucky didn't seem to care as much for it.  I did a little google to find out why pork catfood was so scarce and the best answer I could come up with was that it is something of a religious issue; manufacturers seemed to think it  might be shunned by some religions.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Purina beyond chicken n spinach, closely followed by purina beyond --trout? I think? Followed by the purina beyond with sweet potato. And Fancy feast trout.

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OH my gosh! I had the pickiest of eaters of all time. Only one kind of fish. I re-read Lisa Pierson cat blog http://catinfo.org on feeding and she recomments Fortiflora. Just sprinkle it in she says....well I did and lo and behold!!! He is eating anything I sprinkle it on!! It is good for them as well and with four cats this will make life so much easier. He even begs for food he would not touch before. There are cheaper brands of the same digestive. It is what dry food has sprayed all over it to make it so attractive and addictive. :clap::clap::clap:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH my gosh! I had the pickiest of eaters of all time. Only one kind of fish. I re-read Lisa Pierson cat blog http://catinfo.org on feeding and she recomments Fortiflora. Just sprinkle it in she says....well I did and lo and behold!!! He is eating anything I sprinkle it on!! It is good for them as well and with four cats this will make life so much easier. He even begs for food he would not touch before. There are cheaper brands of the same digestive. It is what dry food has sprayed all over it to make it so attractive and addictive.
That is awesome ..

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kiki's favorite food is Fancy Feast, he especially loves the shredded tuna in gravy, Kiki also likes Meow Mix turkey and giblets in gravy. Kiki craves anything that contains gravy.