my cats died sadly

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sadly both of them died+ another kitten died of the same disease, he was just 2 months for God sake! all his 4 kitten siblings are sick as well! I have no money left to cure them! My father kept threatening me to throw them outside, indeed one of my brothers did so. Today, I heard from him that the he found the kitten dead. I lost three cats and worried about the others, while my cat Tigers is still sick. I feel like sh*it! Thomas died in Tuesday and Gold died today. My third cat Tiger, she's sick too. She's soo sweet! I need your prayers for her! took her to the vet as well. I noticed something in their ears and told the second vet, then he said they have some ear infections. Gave them some anitbiotics injections, as well as anti-inflamatory, vitamines and sodium ones. When back home, I cleaned their ears 3 times a day and put antibiotic cream on them. feed them with a needle, every two hours. but nothing helped. Losing them like that was a shock to me.I didn't stop crying the whole day my head hurts soo much from crying. and no one understands me! no one mourned with me or say anything, except few in my family. One of my brother in an argument said that he didn't give a sh*it about Thomas death. and said that he doesn't mind if Gold and Tiger died as well, he actually said he wished If they die, too. Well Gold died after his words. He didn't care at all spend the day laughing and having fun as If nothing happened.how cruel is that? what kind of brother is that? My father is cruel as well he made my life in hell and didn't care about their death at all, he kept mocking me and yelling at me because I'm crying of sadness. I need your prayers for her! I still can't believe it. I'm living in Morocco, where human lives don't matter, let alone innocent animals! I'm living a nightmare rightnow. Sorry If this was soo bad to hear but I needed someone to hear me. Please answer me all. I need your help and mourning. ):

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you.....sadly, the love for your kittens and cats is personal, is shared by you and them, not by your family. They don't feel the connection. But to say what they did shows no empathy, no feelings for your pain, and that is terrible. It sounds like your poor little ones have distemper, or panleukopenia, something that shows up, especially in colonies of cats and spreads like wildfire. I am very familiar with it's horrible results and went through the same thing some years ago. There is not much to be done, I had a vet's care and still lost my sweet babies. If at all possible, the next time you have some kittens make sure they get their vaccinations if at all possible, only the cats that are vaccinated can fight against this.
Right now just keep giving them water with a needleless syringe and try to get some goats milk or kitten formula down them. Put it in the side of their mouths just a tiny bit at a time, so they don't choke. The antibiotics and other injections take a few days to start working and may help.
If the cats survive, they will be OK, immune to the disease now. I only had two survive out of eight, so the survival rate is not good. Comfort them as much as you can, they are very sick and need to know they are loved and safe. They need to be kept warm and quiet.
You tried, you love them and they knew this. Please take comfort in knowing they knew you cared and will be at peace because of your love. You share the bond of love with each and every little soul, and they will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Love is the same no matter what religion or traditions you follow, it is spiritual, so eternal.
This is something you will never get over, it is something you will learn to live with. Though your family was cruel, they do not share your feelings and need to be pitied for their loss, they will at some time share a love and lose it and know then what you are going through. No living thing lives forever. I hope you will find the support you need here from those who will empathize with you, having lost little ones of their own.
Although we are many miles apart, we share the love of cats and you are hurting right now. I send my love, I send you a hug. I will pray for your remaining babies to get well, and if they don't, to rest in peace. And they will, because of you. Take care my friend, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, i cry with you for your loss....RIP sweet babies, you are innocent and brave. Please know you will always have a secure place in a loving heart.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you.....sadly, the love for your kittens and cats is personal, is shared by you and them, not by your family. They don't feel the connection. But to say what they did shows no empathy, no feelings for your pain, and that is terrible. It sounds like your poor little ones have distemper, or panleukopenia, something that shows up, especially in colonies of cats and spreads like wildfire. I am very familiar with it's horrible results and went through the same thing some years ago. There is not much to be done, I had a vet's care and still lost my sweet babies. If at all possible, the next time you have some kittens make sure they get their vaccinations if at all possible, only the cats that are vaccinated can fight against this.
Right now just keep giving them water with a needleless syringe and try to get some goats milk or kitten formula down them. Put it in the side of their mouths just a tiny bit at a time, so they don't choke. The antibiotics and other injections take a few days to start working and may help.
If the cats survive, they will be OK, immune to the disease now. I only had two survive out of eight, so the survival rate is not good. Comfort them as much as you can, they are very sick and need to know they are loved and safe. They need to be kept warm and quiet.
You tried, you love them and they knew this. Please take comfort in knowing they knew you cared and will be at peace because of your love. You share the bond of love with each and every little soul, and they will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Love is the same no matter what religion or traditions you follow, it is spiritual, so eternal.
This is something you will never get over, it is something you will learn to live with. Though your family was cruel, they do not share your feelings and need to be pitied for their loss, they will at some time share a love and lose it and know then what you are going through. No living thing lives forever. I hope you will find the support you need here from those who will empathize with you, having lost little ones of their own.
Although we are many miles apart, we share the love of cats and you are hurting right now. I send my love, I send you a hug. I will pray for your remaining babies to get well, and if they don't, to rest in peace. And they will, because of you. Take care my friend, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, i cry with you for your loss....RIP sweet babies, you are innocent and brave. Please know you will always have a secure place in a loving heart.....
Thank you soo much for your reply. Well, just to make things clear. I only have one cat now, she is called Tiger. She has the same infections in her ears, but she isn't as sick as the ones that died, of course. Tiger is getting better and at least could move and eat by her own. I only treat her ears now with medication and cream. Well, she needs a last visit at the vet fer her third antibiotics injections, but I'm confused. Idk If I should take her or not. I feel like the injections made Thomas and Gold sicker which contributed to their sad endings. In the other hand, I feel like i need to get her her injections done, so she gets well better. I'm really confused. I don't know that to do. I love her soo much, and can't bare loosing her too!
My family indeed are very cruel, as I mentioned i live in Morocco, North Africa, very influenced by the middle east through the media and relatively the geography. People here are very cruel and evil with animals. They treat them like sh*it. Of course, they won't care about me losing my babies. This hurts me soo much, but there is nothing I can do. I can't change people's ideas! I comfort myself by knowing the fact that at least I loved my cats. I loved them dearly and truly. I felt their love with me as well. I can't look in any place in the house without imagining them being soo happy and fighting and playing together. This breaks my heart soo much. I will write you the story of my cats and me If I feel it. I would love if you read it and reply to it.
Thank you again, knowing that you share my pain and mourning comforts me <3

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are correct that you should go - I think the other kitties were too sick for the medicine to be able to do its work.
I hope soo, "I think the other kitties were too sick for the medicine to be able to do its work"- this is true because I blame myself for the injections, I feel like they made them even more sick and fragile. I feel like sh*it rightnow. I feel like I have something to do with their death 😭😢 when in fact i was soo desperate to help them get well and healthy again. I hope that they were too sick for the injections to do their work, or I'll blame myself partly because of their death for the rest of my life

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my dear! I am so sorry. You do have my prayers, for the little ones who were lost, for Tiger, and for yourself.

DO take Tiger back. I agree that the little ones were too ill for the shots to be able to help. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. You did everything right, and everything possible. Set your heart and soul at rest about that. And know this...those lost babies now live in The Place Where All Things Are Known, and they bless you for trying so very hard to help them.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Little kittens are very susceptible to all kinds of diseases. If they hadn't been vaccinated they could have picked up something outside that they were just too weak to fight off. In these cases even the antibiotics the vet gave them wouldn't have helped.

It wasn't your fault. You're trying really hard to take care of the cats in spite of all the lack of support and cruelty of people around you. The kittens knew that you loved them, that counts for a lot.

Please take Tiger to the vet if you think he still needs medical help. Also, be very careful that he doesn't come into contact with anything that might make him sick. If he has outdoor access there is a possibility that he is eating or drinking something, or even rubbing up against something toxic.

Make sure that you are the only one who feeds him. You don't want him to ingest something that could hurt him.

“There is not an animal that lives on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but they form communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they all shall be gathered to their Lord in the end”

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, my dear! I am so sorry. You do have my prayers, for the little ones who were lost, for Tiger, and for yourself.

DO take Tiger back. I agree that the little ones were too ill for the shots to be able to help. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. You did everything right, and everything possible. Set your heart and soul at rest about that. And know this...those lost babies now live in The Place Where All Things Are Known, and they bless you for trying so very hard to help them.
Thank you soo much, your words helped me. You all gave me comfort and mourning here that I didn't get from my own family. I consider you my real beloved ones. I hope you have a happy and peaceful life <3

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little kittens are very susceptible to all kinds of diseases. If they hadn't been vaccinated they could have picked up something outside that they were just too weak to fight off. In these cases even the antibiotics the vet gave them wouldn't have helped.

It wasn't your fault. You're trying really hard to take care of the cats in spite of all the lack of support and cruelty of people around you. The kittens knew that you loved them, that counts for a lot.

Please take Tiger to the vet if you think he still needs medical help. Also, be very careful that he doesn't come into contact with anything that might make him sick. If he has outdoor access there is a possibility that he is eating or drinking something, or even rubbing up against something toxic.

Make sure that you are the only one who feeds him. You don't want him to ingest something that could hurt him.

“There is not an animal that lives on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but they form communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they all shall be gathered to their Lord in the end”
Thank you soo much. The idea that I'm responsible too for their death hurts soo much. I didn't sleep last night because of these horrible thoughts, and the fact that i suffer from OCD and Intrusive Thoughts didn't help 😪, but on the other hand, your support and your words that I've done all what I can to help them and indeed it's a true, helps me to not feel the guilt. Tiger is good today. She looks like she's getting back to normal again. I heard her voice, she ate and drink by her own, could move and jump a little again. I hope she will get even better. I will take care of her more and more and more, she is the only cat I have left 😪 she needs my love and affection 💜💙💚💛🧡❤