My Cats' Crazy Antics

Willa & Jainy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys! Hope y'all are having a good day.
Anywho, my cats have lately inspired me to write a thread for this community of cat lovers about their seemingly crazy antics.
And believe me, some of these antics are SERIOUSLY crazy.
So I hope y'all enjoy! Comment with some of your cat's silliest, cutest, craziest antics! (And also comment on which one of my cats' antics are your favorite!)
Thanks!

Number One: The Faucet Lick (Jainy)
One of my cats, Jainy, is seemingly obsessed with licking the filtered water faucet, and I just can't seem to figure out why.
We have the Catit Flower Fountain (check it out!), so they have fresh, filtered water all the time, and it kind of mimics a waterfall.
But Jainy insists (and I mean insists) that she must drink from our water.
Seriously, cat?
It's kind of gross, so every time we go to get water we have to let it run a little bit before we'll put our cups under the stream. Nobody really wants to drink cat-slobber-water.
Ick.

Number Two: The Cuphead (Willa)
Willa, my calico, loves to stick her head into our cups and drink out of them.
Odd, isn't it?
Cats prefer not to drink stagnant water, and, as I have previously mentioned, we have a nice cat fountain for them, which keeps fresh water flowing 24/7.
Heck, I would seriously drink out of that fountain if I wanted to.
It's just... well, really weird.
So we can't leave any water in our cups anymore, for fear that she'll either A) drink it or B) get her head stuck in the cup temporarily and spill water all over the place.
I wonder why so many of my cats' antics are based on water?

Well, that's it for now, and I'll give y'all updates whenever I can. Have a great rest of your day!

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to drink water throughout the day, and try not to use a million different cups per day. BUT THE CAT. So yeah, you are not alone. Although I am less amused by it than you seem to be...maybe your a glass is half full person, and I'm a glass is half empty with a cat shoving its head in it person :(

Its also a bit of a safety issue perhaps, since sometimes I drink mio or various other things, and who knows what any of that would do to a cat? At least one cat seems to like mio, that I know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willa & Jainy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Usually I just drink either water or juice, and finish the juice. But sometimes I leave water out... my cat just looks so cute and funny with her head smashed into a cup :lol:

Willa & Jainy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Suppose I could... still though, knowing my cats, they'd probably ignore it and go for the cups I don't want them to drink out of :lol:

Willa & Jainy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also hey, do you have any ways to edit a thread after it's been posted? Or should I start a new thread to add more antics? I just remembered some, so I want to add them... fine if not, I'll have to just make a new thread every so often. Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You'll be able to edit after about 20-25 posts (I forget the exact number) and 5 days a member.
You can continue to add to this thread - many members have an ongoing thread to chronicle their cats and happenings :)

Willa & Jainy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You'll be able to edit after about 20-25 posts (I forget the exact number) and 5 days a member.
You can continue to add to this thread - many members have an ongoing thread to chronicle their cats and happenings :)
What button do you press to edit a post? Thanks :3

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What button do you press to edit a post
You'll have to wait a bit, I think the specifics are that you have to have been a member for five weeks and done 20, maybe 25 posts. Then you'll see three dots next to the little flag that's in the lower left hand corner of your posts.