My Cats Ball Is Hanging Out Of His Sac!!!!!!!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH GOD SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!! I have NO way to take him to vet untill tommorow after noon (grandma at work...has only vehicle and the vets are closed)...I was petting him and thought at first he'd been mating and his penis was hanging out, but I looked closer and his left ball is hanging out of the fur ball sac....It's not bloody and he acts the same as always....what do I do? What does this mean? Will he die? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is an emergency. At the very least, he sounds like he has a hernia, which is serious. He needs to see a vet NOW. You need to find an emergency vet and take him by whatever means possible TONIGHT. Call a friend, call a cab, but get him seen TONIGHT.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please take this cat to a vet NOW! Do not wait.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where in KY are you? Are you near either of these emergency vets?
Animal Emergency Center and Hospital
3321 Red Roof Inn Place
Louisville, KY 40218

Tel: 502-456-6102
Fax: 502-456-4145
EMail Animal Emergency Center and Hospital

Dr. Gary M. Tran

Hours: Mon - Fri: 6:30 P.M. - 8:00 A.M.; Weekends: Sat: 4:30 P.M.; Mon: 8:00 A.M.; Holidays: 24 hours.

Information: The Animal Emergency Center is an after-hours emergency hospital specializing in trauma, chronic conditions and intractable conditions not responding to other therapies. The Center utilizes an Integrative Approach, using the latest in traditional medical protocols together with a holistic approach to achieve the best possible results for the animal. Available for consultation on small animal cases by phone.

Flemingsburg:
Tri County Veterinarian
Rt. 3, Box 226, Hwy 11
Flemingsburg, Kentucky 41041

Tel: 606-845-0469

Dr. Christopher Sims
Dr. Darin Stanfield

Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm; Emergency 24 hours on call
Info: Large Animal Practice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called grandma and she refuses to come home to take him to the vet....there is no other way there....she said If I get up by 7:00am she will take him then...NOOOO!!!! what if he dies!!! What caused this??I cant find anything online...he's not bleeding around it and acts normal. I noticed he was skinny and looked to see if he had diarreah (spelling) or something and then I saw "that"...it looks to me like his ball fell out of the fur sac...WHAT IS THIS???I need some idea so I can get some sleep tonight.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what about calling a cab, or are there any friends, or other family that can take you?

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Where in KY are you? Are you near either of these emergency vets?

I never tell online where I am...all I can say is I VERY far away from either place.....

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe you should call the place and see what they say, atleast then you would know what is going on.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
what about calling a cab, or are there any friends, or other family that can take you?
No there isn't anyone...everyone's at work tonight and there are no cars...If this had happened tommorow my aunt would've been home but it wouldn't mattered..there isnt a local emergency vet....

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call your vet and see if they have an emergency number on their answering machine. If not, see if you can have one of the vets paged. This is very serious and needs to be taken care of TONIGHT. If it is a hernia, it could very easily strangulate, which is a life threatening situation. I am not a vet, I don't know if it is a hernia,but from your description it could be one.

The bottom line is that the cat needs to see a vet tonight. Call a cab if you have to. Call a friend. Call your fiance. Just don't put this off!!! Please!!!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Call your vet and see if they have an emergency number on their answering machine.The bottom line is that the cat needs to see a vet tonight. Call a cab if you have to. Call a friend. Call your fiance. Just don't put this off!!! Please!!!
*crying harder* I am such a horrible worthless mother!!! I cant do anything untill in the morning and Im getting grandma pissed..It wont do any good calling the vet I have no way to get there..I cant call a cab I live in country (none) and I have no friends to call...I havnt lived her long...I cant call my fiancee either (his dad has the car in another state (he does construction) and he's having to hitch a ride places. Plus he's asleep and wouldnt wake up if i called...

What exactly is a hernia???why do u think this is one?? Could this be why he hasn't been around the past few days and only come around at night? also maybe explain why he is so hard to wake up??

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the 24 hr emergency vets has a phone number, maybe you could call them and talk with a vet there. It's worth a try.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another reason why cats should all be fixed...

The point is you NEED to get that cat to a vet. At least CALL the vet and see what they say.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
Another reason why cats should all be fixed...
The most ironically unfair part of this is I took one cat to the vet today because of his eye swollen (he had a BAD scratch) if i'd known I could've taken this one too...also I asked them today about fixing him and was about to take him to be fixed...looks like it's too late now he'll die probably...and it's my fault...

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think you need to be on the phone with a vet trying to figure out what you can do.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a cat crate? Place the cat in the crate. Make sure there is a clean pillowcase lining the bottom of the crate. Keep him quiet and still. Keep calm. Try to think of who you can call. Everything is going to be just fine. What time does your grandmother get off work? Call the vet, he may make house calls. You won't know if you don't ask.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got ahold of a vet..he said he will need to be neutered and that he thinks it was just from a cat fight and he will be fine untill moring especially since there is no bleeding and he is still very friendly, eating and jumping on the deck railing...I am going to bed as I write this...so good or bad(I HOPE NOT) I will let you know what happened after 12pm tommorow. PLEASE PRAY or whatever ur religion believes in..my poor kittie needs ur help. Thanks for trying to help..

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your well wishing....His name is Felix..I attatched a pic if it works..oh and he's orange and white if u cant tell by the photo...I am going to bed now since i must take my baby to the vet so early...pray (whatever ur religion is) for him!! THANKS EVERYONE!