My cat

kittylover3526

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is an Arabian desert cat, and he is a very loud cat, even though he is not in pain. What should I do? My other cat which is a Persian, breathes very heavily.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re your persian whom breathes heavily. This doesnt sound good, unless its directly after a wild play game with you or the other cat.

How old is he? Has he been checked out by a vet specialized in cats?

Do you live in a hot country? Do you have AC, air condition? If not, shaving his fur may help some.
Be sure you dont have dust inside. Clean off reguraly with a wet cloth... Use a litter which isnt giving no dust.

Re your loudy cat... He has the sound as he has. What is, is to be sure he has plenty to do, and plenty exercise...
I suspect the persian cant play, chase and wrestle with him - so perhaps a third cat to give him active company?

And please: give us some pics about your Arabian desert cats, and if you can, some more info. :)
They are rare down here. :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello kittylover3526 kittylover3526 and welcome to TCS!

I think you mean you have an Arabian Mau? They are a noisy cat with quite a high pitched meow, so, as StefanZ StefanZ said: 'he has the sound that he has'.

As for your Persian, they can have breathing issues, especially if they have brachycephalic airway syndrome which is not uncommon in this breed. Have you had him checked by the vet?