My cat tree just arrived....but it is not covered in carpet. But a synthetic soft “fur”. Opiniins?

keli011770

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Should I send it back and get one covered in traditional carpet?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what most cat trees on the market are covered with now. If you find one with traditional carpet it'll cost a lot more. What are the scratching surfaces covered with? As long as they're covered with sisal or a heavier carpet it should be fine.

I kinda like the fuzzy stuff. A lot easier to get the fur off than carpet.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What part has the soft covering?

The scratching surfaces should ideally be a sisal rope or heavy carpet while the lounging surfaces can really be any material. Something easy to clean is ideal but carpet or a soft fur fabric as about the same for cleaning IMO.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ve had different types over the years, and we find the cats make less mess (and eat less carpet :rolleyes2:) when it’s the fuzzy fur stuff. The carpet on the cat trees tend to be very cheap, and easily pulled out and consumed (hasn’t been dangerous but can’t be healthy).

My favorite cat tree brand is the Amerikat by Jackson Galaxy, and he uses that faux fur stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keli011770

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's what most cat trees on the market are covered with now. If you find one with traditional carpet it'll cost a lot more. What are the scratching surfaces covered with? As long as they're covered with sisal or a heavier carpet it should be fine.

I kinda like the fuzzy stuff. A lot easier to get the fur off than carpet.
Great. Ty! Just what I needed to know. The posts are covered with sisal. I guess we will put it together!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with the others. The faux fur is easier to clean ana I don't have to keep sweeping up bits of it scattered all over the floor.