My Cat Suddenly Died Suddenly

Abacab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, Rodica, what a beautiful boy Thomas was, and so, so lucky to have had you in his life.

I think you have already proven yourself to be a very good cat owner, if you do eventually decide to adopt again. I also understand the pain and reluctance to want to start that journey over again. In the end I hope you'll know what's best for you, which is what will end up being best for the cat :hugs:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I truly understand your feelings about if there was more you could have or should have done. I have felt the same way when each of my cats passed on. Cats are so secretive that they often don't let you know they are feeling ill and sometimes the signs are so subtle that they don't register as a problem. Tiger died suddenly and had been acting so normal; nothing seemed wrong but obviously there was. Since he passed I have been hypervigilant with our other two cats thinking that any little thing might indicate a problem. JC slept in a different bed this morning and I panicked thinking there must be something wrong and I spent an hour observing her wondering if she was breathing okay, or did her eyes look okay or did she seem lethargic, just on and on and on with what might be wrong until I wore myself out. I think I've turned into the neurotic cat lady. Please don't beat yourself up about what you might have done differently; you did the best you could. We can't always know what is happening with our animals and even vets don't always find what is wrong. In the last year, Tiger was at the vet 3 times for teeth cleaning, shots and a checkup and we still didn't know he had heart problems. When the time is right you will be ready to open your heart to another kitty; don't rush it, it will happen when you are ready. I hope you can find peace and forgive yourself. God bless.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JC slept in a different bed this morning and I panicked thinking there must be something wrong and I spent an hour observing her wondering if she was breathing okay, or did her eyes look okay or did she seem lethargic, just on and on and on with what might be wrong until I wore myself out. I think I've turned into the neurotic cat lady.
You're not alone in this :)
Lately I find myself counting my cat's breathing, watching every movement of hers, keeping a log of how much she drinks and pees. If one day she eats half a can less I start thinking the worst! :eek:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're not alone in this :)
Lately I find myself counting my cat's breathing, watching every movement of hers, keeping a log of how much she drinks and pees. If one day she eats half a can less I start thinking the worst! :eek:
I just had to grin when you said you check for pee! My husband just rolls his eyes when I go on what he calls "litterbox patrol" checking how many pee spots and poop spots there are and in which boxes because each cat has a preferred box. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does that!