My Cat Slid Of The Back Of Open Steps

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat was visiting with me at my mom's home back east. She was stretching out wanting petting on a step that is open on the back side. She was 2/3 the way up to the second floor. She looked out the back open area her head hanging over the back open area of the step while stretching out and suddenly she slid off the back of the step all the way down to a couple steps down to the basement. It was scary. My vet back home said she had to be taken in to the ER vet if it was more than six feet which it was. She went running after the fall and hid behind the couch. I had to retrieve her and carry her up to her carrier. I am disabled and barely walking but somehow I found the strength to get her into the car. I rushed her at night in pouring rain to an unfamiliar 24 hour ER vet that I knew about prior to the visit and she was evaluated for stability and xrayed and ultra sounded and she was ok. She was really scared after - more scared of the vet visit than the fall and would not leave the upstairs, hid whenever I got dressed to go somewhere. Finally we are back home she is slowly regaining her confidence. Whew!!!!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
backless stairs are a danger to all living beings.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like a scary night for all of you. :alright: Glad she's ok. :lovecat: