My Cat Sleeps With Head Against A Wall Please Help

Fluffyfatty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 246235 View attachment 246234 So my cat has been sleeping like this at night for awhile now and I was previously not concerned because he was well and active. He played well, ate well, slept well and used the litter well and during the day he sleeps normally like a normal cat would. He sleeps on the floor, the couch, my bed, his own bed and he never pressed his face against anything in the day!

But come night time when I have him in my bedroom and close the door, he would sleep on the bed with me for a few hours, then on the floor for a few hours and then there’ll also be a few hours every single night (without fail), that he sleeps with his face against the bedroom door.

Someone please help I don’t know if this is a cause for concern and if I should bring him to the vet? I left a picture.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since he's not doing this all the time, I think it's just one of his quirks. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. If it makes you feel better, you can always mention it to the vet the next time you're in for an appointment.

aprilc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If he is only doing this when he is sleeping, I wouldn't worry about it. My guy does this but pushes his head onto the floor (think Garfield). Some cats just do this when they are sleeping.

Head pressing is a cause for concern when it is done when they are awake, tense, and often sitting up. This is a medical emergency.

You can mention this to your vet when you are in next, or if you are due schedule a wellness check but from what you have described and the pictures you have posted, this is just normal weirdo cat behaviour.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat also presses his face into things when he is sleeping, arm of the couch, side of his bed.....the wall. I honestly don't have any idea how he can breath, or how comfortable he his but he has done this for as long as I can remember and is now 18 and still going strong. As aprilc mentioned, I personally would only be concerned if he did this when NOT sleeping. But of course, does not hurt to bring it up at your next vet visit.