My cat she's my kitten

Krisskriss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all I have been reading all the things on introductions. I honestly just need encouragement. I have a one year old spayed female we got from the pound last year she is chonky and sweet and loud and likes to play with my dogs ( husky and poodle). I recently rescued a kitten from a car engine downtown. I have been doing scent swapping and some sight via long distance exposure. Basecamp is my room. Miso my older cat absolutely hates the kitten. She does fine with the scent swapping will smell the scent then just look at me like "ok cool now what". But if she sees the kitten she immediately growls and spits. The kitten does no growling and only lightly hissed once. I put up a baby gate and left my bedroom door open. I came around to miso stalking the kitten then growling. It made me uncomfortable so I shut the door. I'm scared she will attack the kitten. Miké is only about 7/8 weeks old. It's only been two weeks so I know it's way fast. The kitten has met and is used to both dogs by now and is playing up a storm in my room. I'd love to be able to let her explore the rest of the home. But the vibes I'm getting off miso are stalk to kill. What else can or should I do.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krisskriss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Apparently I didn't spell check the title which is kind of important so.. 🤦 that was cool.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Time. Keep giving it time.
I'd also add feeding/treats to the "line of sight" method. Once cats usually figure out that they'll still have food and water with another cat around, it'll help them calm down a bit.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your existing Cat is 1 year old she's still practically a Kitten herself. Just put them together while you're there to watch and let them work it out.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
If your existing Cat is 1 year old she's still practically a Kitten herself. Just put them together while you're there to watch and let them work it out.
I would not recommend doing this. If the resident cat is upset or insecure she may resort to marking outside the box.

Just take it one step at a time slowly.

The crouch walk is a sign the resident is insecure. This posture can be misinterpreted as stalking.