My cat seems to hate every food, and I'm getting worried and scared.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried toppers? I use it to get one of mine to eat something when he's less than enthusiastic. He likes the PureBites chicken which is the freeze dried treats. I crumble it over his food

Good luck with your little one. I'll be thinking of you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

S1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never tried anything like that before. Perhaps, I would in the future since Zed is eating okay now.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait. You say loss of appetite happened after the vet visit and that he got vaccinated? He got vaccinated at the last trip? If so, the loss of appetite might be a side effect of the vaccine.

S1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I doubt it. This strange phenomenon happened about two weeks after his vaccinations. If there is a loss of appetite as a result of vaccinations, it could occur within days, not weeks, and nothing like this happened before during previous vaccinations.

S1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just got home. It's a good thing I did get Zed's teeth cleaned today because my vet told me one of his teeth was reabsorbed and caused him pain. I didn't know since Zed didn't seem to show any pain in his mouth. I guess that shows veterinarians can pick up on things that non-veterinarians may not notice.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least now you know what the problem was. Glad he is eating again. Keep up informed on how he is eating and how the healing in his mouth is going. :)

S1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Zed's mouth is healed up. As a matter of fact for the past few days, his appetite has greatly improved. He may have one less tooth now, but at least his eating habits are normal again.