my cat returned but still hurt, please help

moreknow

learning to help ferals :)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys I am writing in urgency so sorry if i have bad grammar
I wrote in a thread in 'crossing the bridge' that I had my beloved semi-feral cat run over on Friday on her leg and i "knew" that she wouldn't make it b/c she didn't look good. She kept trying to hop, and sometimes she would drag herself and scream at me if i tried to pick her up; her rear right leg was broken, and i can't tell if she had spinal damage so I was almost certain that she wasn't going to make it. On Saturday morning, she disappeared after refusing to eat, which led me to believe that she was giving up and finding a place to hide and breath her final breaths. I tried to find her and hear cries after i kept calling her, but there was no response. Today in the evening she just showed up and appeared to be better, she's limping and moving around slowly, and thankfully she ate. She's purring, meowing and being affectionate and laying down but she's still hurt. I am worried she might go away again b/c she's scared of the environment, or b/c she is developing more pain that might kill her. It's been 2 days and she seems better but I just want to be sure, i plan on taking her to the vet but it will probably be super hard. Im not an expert in this stuff but can anyone try to help me answer the question if she's going to die or not? many many thx in advance :D

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on her age cats are good at healing on thier own. Keep her in a separate room where she cannot hurt herself and nothing to jump on to. Please take her in asap for an xray and pain killers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moreknow

Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply :) and yea she was born last October, and she's a tad bit smaller than most cats, i dont wanna be completely certain that she'll survive but she looks better only she walks and leans to the side. Im worried about her spine tho

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she needs to see a vet and get xrays, the vet will be able to tell you what's wrong and what can be done about it afterward.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You say that she is semi-feral. If you cannot bring her in, which would be ideal, try to set up some bedding place for her that is sheltered and where she can feel secure. Make plans for the vet ASAP. Meanwhile, the fact that she is now able to walk about, and the fact that she is actually eating means that she does not think that she is going to die. She is fighting to live, and you have reason to hope. But that vet trip is really necessary!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moreknow

Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for delayed reply, I just wanted to take some time before I give another update
I had to take her outside to see if she pooped or anything on Friday 5/29, but that's the last time I saw her. The whole week I called for all my cats like i always do and she never showed up, until now. She returned just now today, and she seems to be walking a little better, only there's clearly interior damage. She can run a little but can only jump down and not up, and she's dirty and very vocal following me aorund. She's sleeping now, but I still worry for her health. I will post another thread on cat health soon. Thank you for messaging me :D