my cat pees outside of litter box like he doesnt even know he did it

milosmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Milo pees out side of litter box while hes standing inside of it i cant get him a taller or covered box because of his leg but what can i do I'm worried about my baby boy can anyone help

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you place him in the right position on the litter box? I had to do that when my kitty first came home from having surgery because he was a bit disorientated with having an e-collar on him.

flygirllaura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can get a taller larger box and cut and opening in the middle of the long side for him to get in. Boys are good at peeing over the side.

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with flygirllaura, get a high-sided storage box, and cut a doorway at the height he needs. Put the doorway on one of the longer sides of the box, as it encourages the cat to turn away from the opening for more space, before doing it's thing. We used the basic Sterilite brand storage boxes, in solid color...it was very easy to cut with a few passes of a sharp box cutter. I have read that the clear/translucent types tend to crack when being cut. Here is a picture of one of ours. You can cut the doorway lower than we did, if needed.