My cat peed on my head while I was sleeping

arelipe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.

My cat peed on my boyfriend yesterday while he was sleeping. she actually walked on him, on his hips and peed there, over the covers and sheets. this was like the first time she didi it and this morning I was sleeping and she came on the bed, she was walking on the pillow and she just peed right on my head!!!!!! I woke up and saw her little fury ass right next to me. so I jumped out of the bed and grabbed her and throwed her to her litter. I was so angry and I know I shouldnt have treated her kinda bad but it was too weird!!!

I dont know if this has something to do with the fact that she is horny, she is not fixed. so when she was walking on the pillow she was doing her little "sexy" sounds to attrack the guy-cats I guess.

oh hellpp!!! I dont want her to start peeing everyday.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess one could say this is what you get for not getting your cat spayed.

That's the first step. Make a vet appointment for a wellness check, make sure there is no urinary issues going on - specifically ask your vet to check for them. And if she's healthy enough, and had her vaccinations, schedule her spay.
If not, get all of that done per your vet's specifications.

Next question: What did you clean the bedding and pillows up with from the first incident?
IMO, I'd just throw the pillows away. You should replace them yearly anyways and there's good chance yours already have a colony of dust mites in them so there's no real loss there.
The bedding itself must be soaked in an enzyme cleaner specifically made to neutralize urine. Nature's Miracle will probably be the most accessible to you. But I see from your location that you should have a few pet store/pet supply stores so you may be able to find better quality ones.
If there's any possibility that urine got onto the mattress, soak the spots.

After the mattress is treated you might want to consider a bag or cover for it (a fully enclosing bag that zips shut would be healthier for the two of you in the long run, though) for it just in case you get peed on again before she goes in for her spay. You can get cases for the pillows to that will protect them from urine.

Third part of this: How many litter boxes does does your kitty have? Is there one in the bedroom? Are the boxes covered or uncovered. Changes - Improvements specifically, in this area can help. Add boxes if there's only one, put one in the bedroom if there's not one there, uncover any box that's covered, etc.