My Cat Passed Away.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Always best to focus upon the good times you shared with that little kitty, not dwell upon the negatives or feel guilty even when you tried to make her life better. I'm with the others on this one, perhaps in due time you can rescue another kitty and share more good times... I was hit hard when my cat Sage disappeared earlier this year, and my home felt so empty even though I still had Crackhead, I only waited two days before rescuing Phoenix & Tiger to fill the void. They've been a godsend, but Sage will always be remembered as a fine cat, one of the finest I ever had the pleasure to know. He was around 20 (human) years old when he vanished, and I had him for about 15 years... so I was truly sad when he disappeared. But life goes on... Phoenix & Tiger are happy in our home, and I recently rescued another cat from a lousy situation, she's doing just fine and is learning that her new home is a great place to live!!! :petcat:

RESCUING CATS IS A GREAT CURE FOR SADNESS!!! :runningcat:

P.S. Phoenix was actually named in honor of Sage, as in a phoenix rising from the ashes of Sage's memory... even though he's gone, his memory lives on to some degree in the form of this beautiful young cat!!! :cutecat:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mika, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

So young...but where there is love, an eternity would not have been enough time, would it? Know this...Mika knew she was loved. From the moment she said, "You are my human," she lived, breathed, and had her being in your love, and your love surrounded her as she left this Adventure for her Next Great Adventure...she took that love with her to guide her along her way. And now her love for you is translated and purified into Love, and she sends it back to you, to guide you along your own way, until someday, in the fullness of time, you meet in joyous reunion. Do not be too surprised if, when you go to look for a kitten to honor Mika with, you hear a sweet, tiny voice in your mind say, "THIS ONE!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Always best to focus upon the good times you shared with that little kitty, not dwell upon the negatives or feel guilty even when you tried to make her life better. I'm with the others on this one, perhaps in due time you can rescue another kitty and share more good times... I was hit hard when my cat Sage disappeared earlier this year, and my home felt so empty even though I still had Crackhead, I only waited two days before rescuing Phoenix & Tiger to fill the void. They've been a godsend, but Sage will always be remembered as a fine cat, one of the finest I ever had the pleasure to know. He was around 20 (human) years old when he vanished, and I had him for about 15 years... so I was truly sad when he disappeared. But life goes on... Phoenix & Tiger are happy in our home, and I recently rescued another cat from a lousy situation, she's doing just fine and is learning that her new home is a great place to live!!! :petcat:

RESCUING CATS IS A GREAT CURE FOR SADNESS!!! :runningcat:

P.S. Phoenix was actually named in honor of Sage, as in a phoenix rising from the ashes of Sage's memory... even though he's gone, his memory lives on to some degree in the form of this beautiful young cat!!! :cutecat:
Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m terribly sorry to hear about Sage, I hope you’ve healed, and continue to heal.

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for Mika and you. She was so pretty. If she was outside a lot, it is possible that she ingested something that was poisonous. Many poisonings can take a cat down pretty fast, so there might not have been anything you could have done.

:alright: You now have an angel in Mika, looking over you. :angel3:
Thank you! Yes, the most beautiful angel I’ve ever seen.

pastelcolouredsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mika, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

So young...but where there is love, an eternity would not have been enough time, would it? Know this...Mika knew she was loved. From the moment she said, "You are my human," she lived, breathed, and had her being in your love, and your love surrounded her as she left this Adventure for her Next Great Adventure...she took that love with her to guide her along her way. And now her love for you is translated and purified into Love, and she sends it back to you, to guide you along your own way, until someday, in the fullness of time, you meet in joyous reunion. Do not be too surprised if, when you go to look for a kitten to honor Mika with, you hear a sweet, tiny voice in your mind say, "THIS ONE!"
Thank you for those kind words. It really means the world to me.