My cat only attacks me

PyschoMisty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so basically my cat every day when I come home she'll love on me then attack me and I know that cats have signs when they want to stop being touched and I listen to them but she still attacks me, and I play with her every day but she stills attacks me. she shows me affection some times but hardly ever, and after every playtime, she'll attack. even when people mess with and that she won't bite them even when she's provoked and I dont even provoke her. I watch videos on how to help but they never work sometimes it feels like she hates me but she gives me some affection I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong, and it gets really bad she just jumps at me and tears into my skin and bites and jumps repetitively it's really painful, I'm not sure if she's even playing sometimes, but she has never hissed at me so I'm not sure what's up should I take her to the vet or?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she thinks she is playing. If it was aggression or fear motivated, she would most likely do it to everyone. With play biting, its not unusual for it to just be one person, sometimes the person the cat trusts the most.

It could also be, I'm not sure what the official name is, but biting to communicate a message, in this case, "I didn't give you permission to stop playing with me! You shall resume now!"

What have you done to try and train away the behavior? I suggest a loud enough to startle a bit "no" and ignoring the cat afterwards for a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PyschoMisty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried that and her response is it bite me even harder

PyschoMisty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And even when I ignore her she'll still bite me

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
P PyschoMisty : hello and welcome to TCS. How old is your cat? How long have you had her? And is her aggressive behaviour towards you new?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree it is important to know what age she was taken from her mother (sounds like much too young) and if this is a new behavior or has always happened. First of all everytime she does this hiss loudly at her. Don't EVER use your hands to tease or play with her. Is she drawing blood when she bites? I think she just was never properly raised to learn how to behave. Where did she come from?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also if she is the only cat alone all day and suddenly you come home, she probably spends most of the time bored out of her mind (do you offer any stimulation for her when you are not home?) Maybe she needs a buddy to take out her crazy energy on.

PyschoMisty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had since December 2018, and her behavior is new she's been playful but not like this ever

PyschoMisty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My parents won't allow me to get another cat :/ but I do play with her right when I get home

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just be consistent with the loud no or loud hiss (whichever one you select) and ignore the cat for a bit. Should work eventually.