My Cat Of 15 Years Old Died. My Cat Son.

angels76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was a sweetheart. Wanted me to hug him at bedtime. When I got sick he would walk me yo bathroom and kitchen.. Was with me through as lot of my problems. Lost a friend. He died of cancer. Took him to vet. Lasted 1 week exactly. Just died.Hard death. I'm heartbroken.

Attachments

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe he's a sweetie. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard and seems like it will never get easier. 15 years is a long time to be with your baby. We are all here for you and will help you thru this time. He is in a happy pain free place now with all the other precious babies. He will be watching over you from the rainbow bridge until you are together again.
1499740693796873454660.jpg

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I understand when you call him your 'cat son'. I called my first cat my 'only child' and it was devastating to lose her.

I'm so very sorry. I wish there were something more I can say but the truth is, it's just an awful thing to go through. My thoughts are with you. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I appreciate it

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So very sorry for your loss, rest in peace sweet boy.

I hope your heart heals a bit each day, God Bless......:alright:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bond you formed with that sweet boy will be with you forever. I know how much this hurts, when they leave us they take a piece of our hearts for comfort. But he left behind a piece of his to remind you that he will always be near. He shared your life for a little while, and is thankful for the wonderful love and care you gave him. He would never want you to be sad because of him, he only wants your happiness and leaves behind a legacy of love for you to treasure and one day pass on to honor his name. Think how you would want him to live on if you were the first to go, he wants no less.
My heart cries for your pain, I know each one of us must travel taht road of grief in our own way. But you don't have to travel it alone. Let people who understand share your grief and take a little of it off of the burden you carry. You will be blessed for loving that precious boy so much, I'll keep you both in my prayers. Take care.......RIP sweet boy, know you will be forever held in a loving heart. Sleep tight, beautiful Prince!

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish pets lived as long as we do. But on another note, you had 15 YEARS with your boy. You are blessed to have him that long, even though it may not feel like a comfort now. I wish I had 15 years with my Meela. Hang on to your precious memories of your time with him. I'm sending hugs your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much. All your love and prayers are appreciated

Jason607

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. We recently just lost our baby girl to cancer as well so I understand what you are going through. Its no different then losing a family member and hurts like hell. I truly belive that our cats have an afterlife and will be waiting to be reunited with us one day. Until then all you can do is keep his memory close to your heart and give your love to another wonderful cat.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Patrick was such a handsome boy! I am so sorry that he had cancer. It is so difficult to lose them, but as DiAndBob says, you do not have to go through this alone. The love and bond that you shared will last forever.
You might appreciate this: in his book "Pawtracks In The Moonlight", Denis O'Connor (a psychologist)tells an interesting story - after his tuxedo cat Toby Jug had been dead awhile, Mr. O'Connor was at some sort of symposium which included a medium. As they were dispersing, the medium stopped and stared at him then asked if he had once had a long haired, black and white cat. He said yes. Then she asked if the initials TJ meant anything. He again said yes. The medium smiled and told him that his cat TJ wanted him to know that he, the cat, was there with him, on his shoulder!! If you need something to read, I recommend both the books, "Pawtracks in the Moonlight" and the sequel, "Pawtracks At Owl House,". I got them online thru Alibris.com , for $5-7 each, including shipping. Please do not hesitate any of us, either in the forums or via PM.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Either short or long, any stay with our furry pair-souls is rewarding. Humans used to live with animals and to share the world with them. Nowadays, cats are just a bit of reminder of those times. We are blessed to have this chance to share Love with cats (or dogs or whatever living creature). Indeed, cats are part of family and the Soul knows and suffers from cutting the earthly bond with them. For all humans the Time will come as well and we shall understand that as a part of Life. My compassion, milk drops, remember Love.