My cat & my clothes

Libluvzsuzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
My name is Libby & i just joined this forum today 😊 i have Two cats, Esme & Phoebe, both 3 years old & house cats, i live right next to a busy road currently, so wouldn’t risk letting them out.
A few months ago, Phoebe started bringing my socks downstairs, she literally makes the weirdest noises while bringing them & seems soooo proud of herself.
She now does it constantly! She even brought down a huge heavy new pack of mens boots socks the other day 😳 she comes for attention each time she brings us something, so it’s like she wants rewarding? I’m curious as to why she does this, it’s not a problem, it’s really cute, only thing is, as you’ll see in the pic, she’s started bringing my undies! 😳 she now goes through my bedroom drawers if there’s nothing laying around for her to bring 😆 i’m just really curious about her behaviour, Esme watches her & looks at her like she’s nuts! 😘😘

Attachments

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
My name is Libby & i just joined this forum today 😊 i have Two cats, Esme & Phoebe, both 3 years old & house cats, i live right next to a busy road currently, so wouldn’t risk letting them out.
A few months ago, Phoebe started bringing my socks downstairs, she literally makes the weirdest noises while bringing them & seems soooo proud of herself.
She now does it constantly! She even brought down a huge heavy new pack of mens boots socks the other day 😳 she comes for attention each time she brings us something, so it’s like she wants rewarding? I’m curious as to why she does this, it’s not a problem, it’s really cute, only thing is, as you’ll see in the pic, she’s started bringing my undies! 😳 she now goes through my bedroom drawers if there’s nothing laying around for her to bring 😆 i’m just really curious about her behaviour, Esme watches her & looks at her like she’s nuts! 😘😘
Looks like she is "hunting and killing" things and showing you what a good little hunter she is. Praise her with pets and kisses to show her how proud you are of her. That is what she wants. By the way, :welcomesign: to TCS!!

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Experiment with different size/shape catnip mouses and scratchers if you want to redirect this. I've got one now that brings a favorite mouse all over the house and often makes noises while doing it. You could also take some old socks and make something, or even just pair them and toss em around. I agree its a hunting thing, but they do like it if you toss their "prey" around for them to go after.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

I know when outdoor cats bring back prey they killed, it means, "I love you." They think it is a gift. As an indoor cat, Phoebe is doing the sock version of it. Then again she might be like this cat:

Unless you want to lose your underwear and socks every day, I highly recommend buying cat toys for her to bring down.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Libluvzsuzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
😆😆 Aaw thanks for the replies & advise! Really appreciated! I’ve alway’s found her behaviour cute & quirky, but it’s good to know why she’s doing it.
My partner & i are now used to hearing her literally shout ‘hello’ from upstairs then bring us my undies 😆 we give her loads of luvvies as she’s just so cute ❤ I’ll get her some new toys & hopefully that’ll keep her out my drawers 😆 xxx

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in school housing, I had my clothes in drawers under the bed. No knobs, they had little cutouts that you would put your hands in and use to open. My two kittens would stick there paws in there and fish out socks and underwear. It was a fishing game, and they caught a LOT lol.

Libluvzsuzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I was in school housing, I had my clothes in drawers under the bed. No knobs, they had little cutouts that you would put your hands in and use to open. My two kittens would stick there paws in there and fish out socks and underwear. It was a fishing game, and they caught a LOT lol.
😆😆 it’s so endearing really! I come home most days to my drawer contents all over my bed…found my swimming cossie the other day on the stairs!! I’d forgot i’d even owned ne! 😆😆

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One cat I had many years ago was obsessed with my bras and a full sized blanket that was normally kept in the bedroom closet. In her opinion the blanket belonged in the living and she would spend hours pulling it out and dragging it inch by inch into the living room, stopping periodically to rest and then pulling it some more. And once it was finally in the living room she totally ignored it. But put it back in the closet and she would start again.

And any bra found in the hamper an an open drawer was immediately taken to the living room. Again, not played with, just dropped there.

Libluvzsuzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One cat I had many years ago was obsessed with my bras and a full sized blanket that was normally kept in the bedroom closet. In her opinion the blanket belonged in the living and she would spend hours pulling it out and dragging it inch by inch into the living room, stopping periodically to rest and then pulling it some more. And once it was finally in the living room she totally ignored it. But put it back in the closet and she would start again.

And any bra found in the hamper an an open drawer was immediately taken to the living room. Again, not played with, just dropped there.
😆😆😆😆 Aaaaw! And there was me thinking my cat was uniquely eccentric! Love reading all these stories! So familiar…i actually saw Phoebe tripping over my bra while trying to bring it downstairs with her xx