My cat may have gone off to die, support needed

supermax1943

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my older cats, the last one who is not a feral has not been well. Eating less and less each day and this evening after being gone most of the afternoon (getting cat supplies) I can't find her. She rarely goes outside.

I have looked everywhere for her. 

I am so afraid she went off to die somewhere or had a heart attack.

I would so appreciate any advice or help with understanding what might have happened, or if you have any experience with a cat going off to die. I am so sad for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

supermax1943

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sooo! embarrassed. I barely finished posting here and went into another room and there she

was sitting in the middle of the room looking just fine! I had looked everywhere for her, I have no idea where she could have been. But I am so grateful she is not outside in the cold slowly dying somewhere!

Crisis avoided. Thank heaven.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Cats! They'll get you every time! Hope your girl is feeling better.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad every thing turned out all right, I know how releaved  you feel when it does. I've had several cats leave to die, and several that were neighborhood ferals that came to me to be comforted when they were near the end. One that still breaks my heart to think of had a litter of 6 week old kittens and they all contracted distemper. Even with at home vet care, force feeding, and all that we could do, they died one by one. The mama was so sick she would crawl to be with her babies and then leave them, it made you cry. Then one time she was so weak she was falling, but insisted to go out, crying pitifully. We never saw her again. I still to this day don't know how she got far enough away for us not to find her, I pray she can RIP

I celebrate with you that your little one is OK, please give her a kiss from me!