Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

My Cat Loves My Guinea Pigs!

Discussion in 'Pet Pics' started by Feral Cat Mom, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Feral Cat Mom

Feral Cat Mom Thread Starter TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 10, 2018
    New York
    IMG_20180207_180406.jpg Mittens sharing his cat food with Lucy and Lottie my two Guinea Pigs. They love cat food and treats too! Lol

mama africa and abyeb purraised this.

2. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    How cute! I love it when I see pictures of all different kinds of furbabies getting along so well together. :loveeyes:

Feral Cat Mom purraised this.

3. lalagimp

lalagimp TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 7, 2017
    DC
    Please don't let your guinea pigs eat cat snacks. Piggies are vegan. They aren't built for that.
    My cats like to hang out with my guinea pigs, too. I try to get them to stop eating their hay. Sometimes they only poop the hay partway out, and I have to tug the long strand right out of the kitty butt.

4. Feral Cat Mom

Feral Cat Mom Thread Starter TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 10, 2018
    New York
    Thanks for telling me. I was told that they can have dog treats and stuff like that. Lol that is funny about your cats! My cats wouldn't dream of eating hay!

5. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    Dog and cat treats / food don't have vitamin C which is essential in a guinea pig's diet just like taurine is essential in a cat's diet. Feed your guinea pig only guinea pig specific food and treats.

I'd love to have a guinea pig but I'm not sure how the cats would react:think:

6. tara g

tara g TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 16, 2007
    On the farm
    Too cute! :)

Dozer sits on top of Calico's (guinea pig) little house all the time and hangs out with her.