my cat loves coconut butter, and also eat yogurt! Haw Haw.

doreet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes,

since my cat is getting very excellent dry food,I suspect she's not getting enough lipids, fat or oil in her diet for her skin. They get dry skin if they eat lots of dry food, with no oil or lipids. I mean, fat. This one does not like tuna, but she likes the juice. However I have found out, since I use organic coconut oil on my skin, she absolutely loves to eat coconut oil or coconut butter! It seems to be good for her. She also likes extra virgin olive oil mixed with a little butter. And, when I have yogurt that sweetened with artificial sugar and flavoring, she comes over and eats that! Off my fingers mostly. She also like skim milk ricotta cheese when I eat that.
I'm kind of a nonfat dairy addict when I diet a lot. I found out in my nutrition information, that if you're on a diet, you need to drink a certain amount of milk, for the calcium and your skin..and one nutritionist wrote that milk continuously drunk throughout your diet, does help you lose weight.that is a trick from old Weight Watchers program. You have to drink about 2– – –8 ounce cups of milk a day, or 8 ounces of plain yogurt that is nonfat.the result is, your skin is very nice and even glows. I've seen it work on older women  even.so, you can use your organic coconut butter on your skin, but what you eat is very very important to your skin . I'm sorry I threw that in, but that's why I let her eat other types of fat, because they get dry skin also, kitties, if you feed them lots of dry food. The water does not make up for it; they need the oil. Fish oil, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and some meat little pieces. It doesn't hurt to give her a little fat.

What it is is MODERATION. For us and our cats. Thank you! Sorry for ranting. (I used to teach cooking and baking, and I'm retired, and

I can't stop lecturing people still I'm so used to it! I think I need to get a half-hour TV show on public access channel, and try to teach people who are terrible at cooking, how to cook simple things for themselves.) Me and my big ego!
Ha ha..thank you!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, some fat is good for cats.  (and people
).  Coconut oil is supposedly the latest and greatest thing for cats, and I've even seen a recipe for raw cat food that has coconut oil added to it.   However, artificial sweetener is NOT good for cats.  If you are going to let your cat eat yogurt, which is perfectly fine, it should NOT be artificially sweetened.  Plain yogurt is what I've always given mine, although mainly just for the acidophilus in it.  Now I just give them a probiotic sprinkled over their WET food.  I'm a firm believer in feeding them wet food (raw when possible)  . 

Since you obviously know all about human nutrition, have you seen this article about CAT nutrition?  http://www.thecatsite.com/a/choosing-the-right-food-for-your-cat?  You might find it interesting, as a foodee

catmom203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes,

since my cat is getting very excellent dry food,I suspect she's not getting enough lipids, fat or oil in her diet for her skin. They get dry skin if they eat lots of dry food, with no oil or lipids. I mean, fat. This one does not like tuna, but she likes the juice. However I have found out, since I use organic coconut oil on my skin, she absolutely loves to eat coconut oil or coconut butter! It seems to be good for her. She also likes extra virgin olive oil mixed with a little butter. And, when I have yogurt that sweetened with artificial sugar and flavoring, she comes over and eats that! Off my fingers mostly. She also like skim milk ricotta cheese when I eat that.
I'm kind of a nonfat dairy addict when I diet a lot. I found out in my nutrition information, that if you're on a diet, you need to drink a certain amount of milk, for the calcium and your skin..and one nutritionist wrote that milk continuously drunk throughout your diet, does help you lose weight.that is a trick from old Weight Watchers program. You have to drink about 2– – –8 ounce cups of milk a day, or 8 ounces of plain yogurt that is nonfat.the result is, your skin is very nice and even glows. I've seen it work on older women even.so, you can use your organic coconut butter on your skin, but what you eat is very very important to your skin . I'm sorry I threw that in, but that's why I let her eat other types of fat, because they get dry skin also, kitties, if you feed them lots of dry food. The water does not make up for it; they need the oil. Fish oil, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and some meat little pieces. It doesn't hurt to give her a little fat.

What it is is MODERATION. For us and our cats. Thank you! Sorry for ranting. (I used to teach cooking and baking, and I'm retired, and

I can't stop lecturing people still I'm so used to it! I think I need to get a half-hour TV show on public access channel, and try to teach people who are terrible at cooking, how to cook simple things for themselves.) Me and my big ego!
Ha ha..thank you!

catmom203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, some fat is good for cats. (and people
). Coconut oil is supposedly the latest and greatest thing for cats, and I've even seen a recipe for raw cat food that has coconut oil added to it. However, artificial sweetener is NOT good for cats. If you are going to let your cat eat yogurt, which is perfectly fine, it should NOT be artificially sweetened. Plain yogurt is what I've always given mine, although mainly just for the acidophilus in it. Now I just give them a probiotic sprinkled over their WET food. I'm a firm believer in feeding them wet food (raw when possible) .

Since you obviously know all about human nutrition, have you seen this article about CAT nutrition? http://www.thecatsite.com/a/choosing-the-right-food-for-your-cat? You might find it interesting, as a foodee
I read that coconut oil is bad for cats. OK for dogs but cats aren't supposed to have it. I use Nordic Naturals Omega for Pets for Omega 3s