My cat lost a fang, is it normal?

Analaura SM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 6 month old cat who, from one day to the other, lost a canine (bottom left). Many people tell me that cats change "milk teeth" to "adult teeth" and that it is completely normal that my cat lost the tooth, but still, I am a bit worried. Is it normal that he lost the tooth? Will my cat grow an adult fang?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a little red hole where the fang used to be? Don't worry, there's going to be another, larger one in its place. You'll be surprised how fast it shows up!

Some get to see their cats' baby teeth, but I don't recall ever finding one. Doesn't matter--their digestive systems absorb it. They need the calcium to make new teeth, anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Analaura SM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
V vince S Sajast Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum

Alright alright, thank you a lot everyone!
Its good to know he will get a knew one:loveeyes: I will stop worrying so much hehe

I don't see a small red hole because my cat doesn't allow me to, but this is the best I could capture when he was sleeping:
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-28 at 23.36.33.jpeg

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
V vince S Sajast Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum

Alright alright, thank you a lot everyone!
Its good to know he will get a knew one:loveeyes: I will stop worrying so much hehe

I don't see a small red hole because my cat doesn't allow me to, but this is the best I could capture when he was sleeping:
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-28 at 23.36.33.jpeg
Awww what a adorable face soooooooo cute. Glad we could put your mind at rest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Analaura SM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone,
I am back because it has been more than a month and I don't see any new fang growing...Does it take sooooooo long? I sent this picture to his veterinarian and she also said that it was a milk tooth, but it has seriously been quite long and there is no new fang coming. Do you think he actually lost an adult teeth (somehow)?

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I believe the adult tooth should be making itself known by now. My most-recent kitten's fang showed up in short order--a couple weeks, if I remember right.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember exactly how long it took with mine. I do remember one of mine did have the adult teeth coming in right behind the baby teeth. The other didn't but like I said can't remember how long exactly it took. The fang on the other side on the bottom in the picture is that a baby tooth? If it is I'd give it a little longer.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Adult teeth could still grow in, but it’s possible she was just born without the buds for the adult teeth of some of her canine teeth. Since it’s her bottom two, should cause absolutely no issues with bite alignment, and canines aren’t used for eating, so it’s no big deal if they’re missing.